OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Guess I shouldnt buy anymore durants because i didnt buy any last year
laugh.gif

TheprinceofDE wrote:

You shouldn't let what the next man likes ruin wether you like a sneaker or not, if thats the case you must not like too many sneakers
Is there a lot of hype for these yes but they are a good sneaker, and if you really like them it just makes you appreciate them more if they were harder to obtain

i'm not letting the next man ruin it, Nike and the hype is ruining it with the ridiculously low amounts produced of the better looking CW's... i'm not gonna camp a week for a $95 shoe...

TheprinceofDE wrote:

You shouldn't let what the next man likes ruin wether you like a sneaker or not, if thats the case you must not like too many sneakers
Is there a lot of hype for these yes but they are a good sneaker, and if you really like them it just makes you appreciate them more if they were harder to obtain

i'm not letting the next man ruin it, Nike and the hype is ruining it with the ridiculously low amounts produced of the better looking CW's... i'm not gonna camp a week for a $95 shoe...

Nike did not get where they did by sheer luck. They are fairly smart when it comes to marketing and getting the hype rolling. We are hamsters on their wheel. Even if one person jumps off the wheel still goes round and round.

Nike did not get where they did by sheer luck. They are fairly smart when it comes to marketing and getting the hype rolling. We are hamsters on their wheel. Even if one person jumps off the wheel still goes round and round.

The hype is that there's some awesome colorways for an awesome sneaker. No one has even known how limited some of these we're going to be. The whining about great shoes getting attention is borderline ******ed, especially from people who love the shoes themselves.

The hype is that there's some awesome colorways for an awesome sneaker. No one has even known how limited some of these we're going to be. The whining about great shoes getting attention is borderline ******ed, especially from people who love the shoes themselves.

Originally Posted by jst628

TheprinceofDE wrote:

I feel where your coming from but IMO if theres something in the world that you really want then you have to do what you have to do to get it. I wish they were $50 I wouldn't mind camping for something that good and that cheap 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jst628

TheprinceofDE wrote:

I feel where your coming from but IMO if theres something in the world that you really want then you have to do what you have to do to get it. I wish they were $50 I wouldn't mind camping for something that good and that cheap 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CRH1979

Nike isn't fairly smart when it comes to marketing, they are absolute geniuses lol.
some of y'all take this too seriously, it was merely a joke saying everyone hopped on the hype wagon this year with the IV's when barely anyone cared about KD's in past years.

back to the shoes... is the ASG the first IV with the stitched logo on the heel?

tumblr_lz3gihqZT01r5lohb

Originally Posted by CRH1979

Nike isn't fairly smart when it comes to marketing, they are absolute geniuses lol.
some of y'all take this too seriously, it was merely a joke saying everyone hopped on the hype wagon this year with the IV's when barely anyone cared about KD's in past years.

back to the shoes... is the ASG the first IV with the stitched logo on the heel?

tumblr_lz3gihqZT01r5lohb

oh come on...the ASG KD 3, matter fact all of the ASG kicks last year were garbage

look at this year's ASG sneakers...they all have a great theme and are all executed very well with great little details

some people worry too much about other people, when they should just care about the sneakers themselves....yeah i mean it is annoying to have a line you once considered exclusive to yourself get popular....but it was bound to happen with a guy like KD leading the way and Leo with the design. 
i'll also add that the KD IV would be exactly the same as previous KD's (GR's sittin on the shelves, outlets), if it weren't for the hy-...i mean, "unique" colorways (Weatherman's, YOTD, Nerf, Copper)...the regular GR's are still sitting, and eventually will go to the outlets...just like old times for you KD veterans. 

oh come on...the ASG KD 3, matter fact all of the ASG kicks last year were garbage

look at this year's ASG sneakers...they all have a great theme and are all executed very well with great little details

some people worry too much about other people, when they should just care about the sneakers themselves....yeah i mean it is annoying to have a line you once considered exclusive to yourself get popular....but it was bound to happen with a guy like KD leading the way and Leo with the design. 
i'll also add that the KD IV would be exactly the same as previous KD's (GR's sittin on the shelves, outlets), if it weren't for the hy-...i mean, "unique" colorways (Weatherman's, YOTD, Nerf, Copper)...the regular GR's are still sitting, and eventually will go to the outlets...just like old times for you KD veterans. 

I feel both "new" and "old" KD heads alike- its all good fellas- let's all just chill and not become the kobe or even worse- the Lebron thread.

Here's the thing- from those that have been around awhile, to hear that the 1,2, and 3 are garbage- I can see to some extent that the 1 and 3 lacked "creativity" and true unique features, but there were some great colorways of both.  As far as the 2 goes, many, including myself, might argue it is better than the 4.  The creams, asgs, homes, aways, scoring titles, and even a few other GRs were really sweet- and the strap and the fit was as on point in the 2s as it is in the 4s- if not better- some might say...

In any case, all are welcome aboard, new, old, hypebeast or non-hypers alike.  Its good to see KD get his due- as tough a cop as some of these have been, I think in the long run we will all benefit from the growth of the line.  For those Old skoolers, we'll always have Scoring title 2s, creams, lemon drops, asg2s,3s, and some choice others to revere before they got "BIG".

And yes, jSt, I believe this year's asgs are the first 4s with the stitched KD on the back.  Where you planning on copping your pairs?

I feel both "new" and "old" KD heads alike- its all good fellas- let's all just chill and not become the kobe or even worse- the Lebron thread.

Here's the thing- from those that have been around awhile, to hear that the 1,2, and 3 are garbage- I can see to some extent that the 1 and 3 lacked "creativity" and true unique features, but there were some great colorways of both.  As far as the 2 goes, many, including myself, might argue it is better than the 4.  The creams, asgs, homes, aways, scoring titles, and even a few other GRs were really sweet- and the strap and the fit was as on point in the 2s as it is in the 4s- if not better- some might say...

In any case, all are welcome aboard, new, old, hypebeast or non-hypers alike.  Its good to see KD get his due- as tough a cop as some of these have been, I think in the long run we will all benefit from the growth of the line.  For those Old skoolers, we'll always have Scoring title 2s, creams, lemon drops, asg2s,3s, and some choice others to revere before they got "BIG".

And yes, jSt, I believe this year's asgs are the first 4s with the stitched KD on the back.  Where you planning on copping your pairs?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

i think my only chance is NDC, unless there's somewhere here in MKE getting the ASG pack?

i think my only chance is NDC, unless there's somewhere here in MKE getting the ASG pack?

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!

If anyone is still looking for the YOTD KDIV's, they're sitting at my local Champs here in the midwest. I already got my pair. Do a stock locate with SKU: 01-02826-7-04-XXX. (XXX = 095 for 9.5, 100 for 10, etc.)

If anyone is still looking for the YOTD KDIV's, they're sitting at my local Champs here in the midwest. I already got my pair. Do a stock locate with SKU: 01-02826-7-04-XXX. (XXX = 095 for 9.5, 100 for 10, etc.)

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? #1)Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. #2)People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming #3)it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! #4)No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!
Alright, I've tried to remain in the background regarding these.  I've been into Durants for awhile, there are many that can vouch for me but that's irrelevant at the moment.  I highlighted parts of your comments...my thoughts

#1)  I get what you're saying, but usually guys fall more one way than other.  I think if you look at the 3 lines, they're all distinctly different as they are 3 different players.  That alone with seperate the crowd.  Granted you can be in all 3...for me KD, LBJ...with some kobes sprinkled in.

#2) Key word here is "usually", I think that is even a stretch.  Ask anyone who has recently tried to purchase a "limited" release on NDC if hype played a role.  If all these guys like KD4's are they buying GR's? They're not flying off the shelves.

#3) People are not "butthurt" (interesting word choice), they're stating that there simply is a change occurring with the KD line.  I would argue that this change is taking place in general....see galaxy foams, hype with "Sneakers" is at an all time high at the moment....

Anytime you have a smaller group that's into a line (See the KD2 thread), of course you're going to have some friction when new guys come around...it is what it is.

I'm good with whatever, as long as I can get my hands on the pairs I want....
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom