OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by SoSickening

from SC article:

Before Kevin Durant returns home to the D.C. area for Wednesday's match-up with the Washington Wizards, the two-time defending NBA Scoring Champion will be stopping by Maryland's Prince Georges Plaza House of Hoops location on Tuesday. There, Durant will help launch the highly-anticipated "Year of the Dragon" Nike Zoom KD IV in a special event hosted by television and radio personality Big Tigger. DJ P. Chris will provide music for the event, which will also include raffle prize giveaways.

The event will start at 6:00 p.m. EST. Check out the flyer below for more details.

House Of Hoops by Foot Locker
Prince Georges Plaza
3500 E West Hwy
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054

Bert_snaps.gif

Really nike!!! they must love making all these great cw's unobtainable
THEY BETTER RELEASE ON NDC!!!

from SC article:

Before Kevin Durant returns home to the D.C. area for Wednesday's match-up with the Washington Wizards, the two-time defending NBA Scoring Champion will be stopping by Maryland's Prince Georges Plaza House of Hoops location on Tuesday. There, Durant will help launch the highly-anticipated "Year of the Dragon" Nike Zoom KD IV in a special event hosted by television and radio personality Big Tigger. DJ P. Chris will provide music for the event, which will also include raffle prize giveaways.

The event will start at 6:00 p.m. EST. Check out the flyer below for more details.

Prince Georges Plaza
3500 E West Hwy
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054

Bert_snaps.gif

Really nike!!! they must love making all these great cw's unobtainable
THEY BETTER RELEASE ON NDC!!!

from SC article:

Prince Georges Plaza
3500 E West Hwy
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054

NDC OR BUST

from SC article:

Prince Georges Plaza
3500 E West Hwy
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054

NDC OR BUST

from SC article:

Prince Georges Plaza
3500 E West Hwy
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054

i live about 20mins from there. 
its gon get hectic, i already kno

from SC article:

Prince Georges Plaza
3500 E West Hwy
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054

i live about 20mins from there. 
its gon get hectic, i already kno

Originally Posted by Eredd10

Originally Posted by clkru

seems like these are being purchased more for hype than to play basketball in, but does anyone who's actually picked these up to play in think that the KD IV is a step back from the KD III in terms of on-court performance?

They hurt my feet in 3 different sizes (I'm normally an 11.5, but have tried 11s, 11.5, and 12s, and settled on 12s), have poor traction on an avg indoor court, worse heel cushioning than the III, and don't seem to be durable (top inner lace holes giving way after only 2 weeks of balling).  I'm 6'2", 170lbs, with normal/narrow feet.

Sad to see the line headed in this hype-over-performance direction.  Hopefully the KD V emphasizes performance over hype.

Agreed, the grip is subpar and the zoom is nowhere near as responsive as the KD III. I was very disappointed because I thought they would perform better than the III. I think the heel setup on the IV is phylon instead of cushlon. I believe this brought the weight down, and the shoe is definitely lighter but at what cost? All this being said if you play on a court where you can get grip the KD IV sole performs well when you need to cut or change direction which is the only upside I could find on this shoe. It sucks because before I hooped my pair I was anticipating purchasing 4 plus pairs but now I'm pretty much done with the shoe. I think it's the best looking hoop shoe Nike released this year and if it performed as expected it would easily surpass the Kobe and Lebron lines. Oh Well.

Couldn't agree with you guys more.  I'm a big KD fan (5 pairs of KD1, 1 pair of KD2, 10 pairs of KD3, 3 pairs of KD4).  The KD4 is easily the best looking shoe of the line.  With that said, it is also the least comfortable and cheapest feeling KD yet.  The forefoot zoom is non responsive.  The rear cushioning is non existent, and there is the constant feeling of the strap below the arch.  I love the look of the shoe, but will stick to casual use only.  If you plan on playing in these, do yourself a favor and bring a backup pair of Nike's with you, you're probably going to need them.

I hope Nike releases a supreme or POP version later on that addresses some of these issues.  I kind of like all of the hype these are getting as it was very hard to find KD gear this time last year.  Happy hunting on those YOTD.  $100 is as high as I'll go for this year's KD sig.

Originally Posted by Eredd10

Originally Posted by clkru

seems like these are being purchased more for hype than to play basketball in, but does anyone who's actually picked these up to play in think that the KD IV is a step back from the KD III in terms of on-court performance?

They hurt my feet in 3 different sizes (I'm normally an 11.5, but have tried 11s, 11.5, and 12s, and settled on 12s), have poor traction on an avg indoor court, worse heel cushioning than the III, and don't seem to be durable (top inner lace holes giving way after only 2 weeks of balling).  I'm 6'2", 170lbs, with normal/narrow feet.

Sad to see the line headed in this hype-over-performance direction.  Hopefully the KD V emphasizes performance over hype.

Agreed, the grip is subpar and the zoom is nowhere near as responsive as the KD III. I was very disappointed because I thought they would perform better than the III. I think the heel setup on the IV is phylon instead of cushlon. I believe this brought the weight down, and the shoe is definitely lighter but at what cost? All this being said if you play on a court where you can get grip the KD IV sole performs well when you need to cut or change direction which is the only upside I could find on this shoe. It sucks because before I hooped my pair I was anticipating purchasing 4 plus pairs but now I'm pretty much done with the shoe. I think it's the best looking hoop shoe Nike released this year and if it performed as expected it would easily surpass the Kobe and Lebron lines. Oh Well.

Couldn't agree with you guys more.  I'm a big KD fan (5 pairs of KD1, 1 pair of KD2, 10 pairs of KD3, 3 pairs of KD4).  The KD4 is easily the best looking shoe of the line.  With that said, it is also the least comfortable and cheapest feeling KD yet.  The forefoot zoom is non responsive.  The rear cushioning is non existent, and there is the constant feeling of the strap below the arch.  I love the look of the shoe, but will stick to casual use only.  If you plan on playing in these, do yourself a favor and bring a backup pair of Nike's with you, you're probably going to need them.

I hope Nike releases a supreme or POP version later on that addresses some of these issues.  I kind of like all of the hype these are getting as it was very hard to find KD gear this time last year.  Happy hunting on those YOTD.  $100 is as high as I'll go for this year's KD sig.

i like these but if they are going to be super limited the prices are going to sky rocket with the pre-orders and the resellers. sad day.

i like these but if they are going to be super limited the prices are going to sky rocket with the pre-orders and the resellers. sad day.

What's the point of these type of releases now? It can't be helping the sales of the GR's and their releasing the special editions in extremely limited numbers in limited places so they can't be making that much on them; I'm not getting the point of all of this.

Texas IV are looking interesting, probably gotta wait till the V to get anything you want though..

What's the point of these type of releases now? It can't be helping the sales of the GR's and their releasing the special editions in extremely limited numbers in limited places so they can't be making that much on them; I'm not getting the point of all of this.

Texas IV are looking interesting, probably gotta wait till the V to get anything you want though..

I'm getting real tired of this crap to be honest.

now, i don't even like the weatherman's, but cmon. do they really think missing out on yotd and nerfs will make me go buy the boring TB color ways? never never never

I'm getting real tired of this crap to be honest.

now, i don't even like the weatherman's, but cmon. do they really think missing out on yotd and nerfs will make me go buy the boring TB color ways? never never never

^ this... Its too bad cuz it more people are seen with kds then they would get more popular.... As of right now the kd iv is a sneakerhead shoe... All the TB COLORWAYS just to regular looking....the homes and ut are the only colorways I been looking at other then the obvious nerf, weatherman, and yotd

^ this... Its too bad cuz it more people are seen with kds then they would get more popular.... As of right now the kd iv is a sneakerhead shoe... All the TB COLORWAYS just to regular looking....the homes and ut are the only colorways I been looking at other then the obvious nerf, weatherman, and yotd

Back
Top Bottom