OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

So only one person got these :lol:

Damn these were awful :x

The EYBL elites are the only decent ones I've seen so far.

So only one person got these
laugh.gif

Damn these were awful
sick.gif

The EYBL elites are the only decent ones I've seen so far.
roll.gif

These colors are clean such a idk elegant looking shoe lol but for $200 nahhhhh. The lebron IX and Kobe 7s sat last year and went on clearance and to outlets for Kobes atleast. Ill wait till these go to $150 if history repeats itself.

I knew sho3tym wasn't passing on the elites even when pics first surfaced . He mentioned he was copping . Question is did you double up

Initial thoughts after wearing them around:

- definitely a shoe that needs to be broken into.

- The forefoot zoom is immediately noticeable and felt and is much more substantial than the regular KD V's forefoot zoom.

- runs a little narrow I by no means have super wide feet but these fit snug in the toebox area I went TTS but maybe .5 size up wouldn't be too bad

On foot:

Ill let y'all know how they feel after I hoop in them tomorrow!

kind of reminds me of kobe v big stage home. would had consider getting these kd elites, but i'm hoping that the black/blue elite release

Rare is the occasion this man does not double up. Trust me on that one.

He's witnessed it first hand.

It's funny the PM's I've gotten asking me about doubling up and things related to that.

As if it's a calling card at this point.

I do buy singles as well though...

Well here in the article he specifically mentioned the orange cw, homes, the ones today, and the mints. And we all know the superheros drop on the 27th so that would make 5....

Orange cw at the top

Nvm i guess the mints are for just KD and his friends....i liked those too 
frown.gif

Leo wearing LeBronOld Palmers too? Damn him, haha.

Remixx02 I rocked the kd asg shirt , but I know imaginary foundation be dropping sick galaxy shirts . Zumiez sells them .

Remixx02 I rocked the kd asg shirt , but I know imaginary foundation be dropping sick galaxy shirts . Zumiez sells them .

Thanks.. I think I'll end up getting the Nike KD shirt too. I've had them in my cart for months on a few sites but haven't pulled the trigger.. :lol:

copped the elites this morning at a local FNL, used my $20 WC rewards
ohwell.gif
 still cost about 2 bills but iam happy with the fit and quality on these
smokin.gif

Yeah fit is great, breaking them in hurt a little for me but after they were butter. My DSG only had the white elites so I got those since I had a rewards certificate that expired today, otherwise I would have played the wait game but I'm glad I copped.

Closer look. Look at the bottom right one, I'm hearing rumors of a KD V Low? It's the normal V with just a lower cut.

Yes! I was wondering about this if you look at the footlocker (or may be nike, I can't remember) release calendar there is one that just says "KD V low" where as the rest of them actually say "KD V elite" so this must be just a standard low that's gonna drop.

Yes! I was wondering about this if you look at the footlocker (or may be nike, I can't remember) release calendar there is one that just says "KD V low" where as the rest of them actually say "KD V elite" so this must be just a standard low that's gonna drop.
It might be.  But my guess is that those other lows pictured were just concepts.

They are showcasing the process of developing his elite shoe

Initial thoughts after roughly 2 hrs of hooping in these:

- lockdown throughout the foot and toebox is great but as someone questioned earlier, the heel is a bit of a problem. I had to tie the shoe extra tight to help alleviate this problem

- the shoe needs a lot of time to be broken into. Only near the end of the session did it start to feel like it had adapted to my foot as far as being broken in and I'm hoping it will continue to get better as I keep playing in them.

- the caged heel zoom unit feels much better than that small air max unit does on the regular Vs. I like the bounce more than just the plushness you'd get out of the max unit

- not very breathable, which you can expect when there's really no ventilation in the upper at all.

- forefoot zoom is amazing in these. The bag seems thicker or bigger than what the regular Vs had, I'm not sure if that's the case or not but I'm just going by feel. The placement of the zoom bag is perfect with the flex point of your forefoot and gives that springy feel right under the balls of your feet. This felt awesome and I'm sure will improve over continued use.

Hope this helps y'all out. I for one love lowtops so these are going right in with my rotation of Kobe 8s. Will let y'all know how they feel a few wears in!

Last edited:
Initial thoughts after roughly 2 hrs of hooping in these:

- lockdown throughout the foot and toebox is great but as someone questioned earlier, the heel is a bit of a problem. I had to tie the shoe extra tight to help alleviate this problem

- the shoe needs a lot of time to be broken into. Only near the end of the session did it start to feel like it had adapted to my foot as far as being broken in and I'm hoping it will continue to get better as I keep playing in them.

- the caged heel zoom unit feels much better than that small air max unit does on the regular Vs. I like the bounce more than just the plushness you'd get out of the max unit

- not very breathable, which you can expect when there's really no ventilation in the upper at all.

- forefoot zoom is amazing in these. The bag seems thicker or bigger than what the regular Vs had, I'm not sure if that's the case or not but I'm just going by feel. The placement of the zoom bag is perfect with the flex point of your forefoot and gives that springy feel right under the balls of your feet. This felt awesome and I'm sure will improve over continued use.

Hope this helps y'all out. I for one love lowtops so these are going right in with my rotation of Kobe 8s. Will let y'all know how they feel a few wears in!

Good review. I didn't buy, just tried on, but I can say that I agree wholeheartedly about the cushioning. It felt downright amazing. WAAAAY better than regular V's. I was hoping they would be a little wider in the forefoot, but they're tight in that area like most KD's..

Back
Top Bottom