OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

can anyone that has these answer a question for me? the toebox on these seem the same as the hyperdunk 2012 as in really lof to the tops of the toes and narrower than the lebrons and about the same width as the hd 2k12. is this about right as how they fit cause the stores around where i live arent being too friendly about even letting ppl see the shoe much less try em on early. any insight is greatly appreciated

copped my pair of dmv's today and im really happy with the fit. i went 1/2 size down according to nightwing's review and thought it fit perfectly. i have wide feet too, so i was very happy with the fit. really keeps you nice and snug. will use these for ball tomorrow.

Considering I wear a 13, I doubt 12.5 will be available anywhere and will settle with the 13. I've never been one to stray from my size anyway...

Considering I wear a 13, I doubt 12.5 will be available anywhere and will settle with the 13. I've never been one to stray from my size anyway...

12.5 will be available on NDC.

13 will be fine though, I wear a 12 and I got a 12 in my iD's and they feel great.

The details on this shoe are much better than expected. The material of the tongue and KD logo on the tongue are so dope. Also like the "35" on the heel and subtle vents on the side. So glad the toebox doesn't crease as soon as you put your foot in the shoe like previous KD models. Kinda upset I like this shoe so much cz I'm not about that hype life. I had a nice KD collection years ago but sold em all once the pirates came and ruined Durant Island. A shoe that was "so wack" all of a sudden became hot sh.t bcz of the blogs and the L word being thrown around.

About the sizing, I don't know how someone with a wide foot could go a half size down. I had to go up at least a half size.

KD "Energy" may be a general release because my boy's said the Champs he works for is getting them. Hope hes not lying but thats some stress off that release if true. I can get used to these releases.lol

Last edited:
KD "Energy" may be a general release because my boy's said the Champs he works for is getting them. Hope hes not lying but thats some stress off that release if true. I can get used to these releases.lol

They are not limited, there is a Champs I know that is getting them...

The details on this shoe are much better than expected. The material of the tongue and KD logo on the tongue are so dope. Also like the "35" on the heel and subtle vents on the side. So glad the toebox doesn't crease as soon as you put your foot in the shoe like previous KD models. Kinda upset I like this shoe so much cz I'm not about that hype life. I had a nice KD collection years ago but sold em all once the pirates came and ruined Durant Island. A shoe that was "so wack" all of a sudden became hot sh.t bcz of the blogs and the L word being thrown around.

About the sizing, I don't know how someone with a wide foot could go a half size down. I had to go up at least a half size.

LMAO so you sold your kicks...kicks you liked, because other people like them????

Who's the hypebeast???

Maybe you should change your avy to an I$$ avy forget NT, you more like SC because you sounding made steveish right now

http://sneakernews.com/2012/12/07/nike-designer-leo-chang-gives-the-inside-scoop-on-the-kd-v/

SN: The energy created by the Nerf and Weatherman colorways of the IV took the KD line to new levels of desirability in collector’s circles and the resale market. We’ve already seen the Chiristmas version which is pretty nuts, but are there any special editions of the V on the way that will give those some competition?

LC:   Yeah, I think there’s some really cool ones. The All-Star is gonna be crazy! All-Star is gonna be next level. It’s pretty wild. I won’t give away too much on that, but Erick Goto and Eugene Rogers who worked on building that collection have taken it to another level this year, so it will be hot! Christmas Day was a fun one. It was around insights from asking KD what his favorite gift was growing up. And he was like, “Oh, I had this sweet SEGA system!” So I was like – what was your favorite game? Sonic? Oh, that’s cool. And I was like, we can’t really work with that direct link because it feels like Sonic is kinda OKC colors with the blue and yellow belly and red shoes and all that stuff. So let’s not do that, but let’s just have fun and actually make a shoe that’s like – what if KD was a video game? So we kinda played off of that.

Goto one day on his computer had this malfunctioning glitch on his screen that completely went haywire and it created this crazy pattern that was kinda like static on old school CRT TV’s. So he started doing these screen grabs like, whoa this is amazing and we were like, we gotta find someplace to put that. You know what? Old school video games. You had to hit the machine a few times and blow into the cartridge and stuff, so that was kinda the inspiration there – a static glitch. And there’s also the idea that KD wants to feel faster and that pattern almost feels like it’s a blur. And if you look at the sockliner, we have this old school pixelated version of him dunking and having little points and rewards and stuff. And it’s going back again to that’s his story and what we wanna play up on. And we’ll continue to do that. Aunt Pearl will come out again but we’ll have a different take on that this time around. I think it’s a little more sophisticated twist on it.

Last edited:
LMAO so you sold your kicks...kicks you liked, because other people like them????
Who's the hypebeast???
Maybe you should change your avy to an I$$ avy forget NT, you more like SC because you sounding made steveish right now

Smh. That was a cute attempt for a few laughs but let me explain how stupid and simple you are.

I wanted to start a COLLECTION of a signature series from 1 til ..... I decided to do so with the KD line for a couple reasons -- the line was only 2 models deep, excluding the Blue Chips, older pairs weren't that hard to find at reasonable prices, and the current price point was under $100. Once the hype took over, it turned into the Kobe line and I wasn't feeling it anymore.

So, it wasn't about not liking them anymore. It was all about losing interest in collecting them. The collection aspect had a lot more personal value to me than the actual pairs did. Next time, how bout you come at me like an adult rather a clown on some elitist, know it all sh.t.

Gonna order 2 pairs of iDs and pass on the Energies and Aways. Will check back on the Aways if they make it through discount/outlet.

Back
Top Bottom