OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom Kobe III Post. MVP SHOE DONE..USA MAYBE?

Jack I look at shoes not from a fashion sense but more from a art. To me Jordans use to stand out above all shoes at one point but, recently I haven't beenable to tell the difference between Air Jordans and team Jordans. That is what I mean by pushing the envelope. Even if you think that the Kobe's are ugly,they make you take notice in a similar way that the orginal Posites and Jordans use to do. I know the recent pics of the Jordans are fake but that is prettymuch how the shoe will look, but that shoe doesn't make me take a double look

Originally Posted by reggie2k8

Jack I look at shoes not from a fashion sense but more from a art. To me Jordans use to stand out above all shoes at one point but, recently I haven't been able to tell the difference between Air Jordans and team Jordans. That is what I mean by pushing the envelope. Even if you think that the Kobe's are ugly, they make you take notice in a similar way that the orginal Posites and Jordans use to do. I know the recent pics of the Jordans are fake but that is pretty much how the shoe will look, but that shoe doesn't make me take a double look

Trust, I can understand the artistic point of view, and Nike makes some great LOOKING shoes from that standpoint, however nonfunctional they may be. I cangive a few examples of this, but in THIS shoe, the ZKIII, there are too many cues from other shoes to call it "revolutionary", or even"groundbreaking". I don't mind ugly kicks either, HOWEVER from my position and IMO, these are ugly in a BAD way. The Black VCIII's were ugly,but beautiful at the same time.

The colorways put up by BP, as talented as he is, are good colorways on a bad looking shoe. Ska mentioned the hottness of the Red/White/Blue colorway, but IMOit's the color, not the shoes that are cool.

From a ballplayers perspective, there are too many shoes out there, even Nikes, that perform at the highest level. With the AJXXIII coming out, side by side,the KBIII doesn't stand a chance.

One thing is not liking a shoe another is posting a million times in a thread saying the same thing, PM people with profane laced tirades, and having nothingbetter to do than make a ton of different profiles to make sure you are being talked about.

dont bother replying back say it in real life in fron of me it's worthless on a keyboard.

GOOSEBEAR10

HAHHAHA VERY AMUSING.
With the AJXXIII coming out, side by side, the KBIII doesn't stand a chance.

I hope you don't mean look wise... and if so then you are contradicting yourself when you say, "From a ballplayers perspective" because a"ballplayers perspective" would be performance over looks. and it varies on the position of the player.

and if you meant "performance wise" then i laugh with my pinky near my lower lip....
dr_evil_laden.jpg
. lastgreat performance sig. shoe by jb was probably the 19's and the 20's maybe, and the rest were mediocre.

peace. you are now on ignore..... to bad you didnt have a chance to respond before you were on ignore....
ohwell.gif

^^^
agreed. But I think there is no more room for potential in BP's book... Meaning that he is that good... Good stuff bp.

BP the owner wrote:
Ska:

I swear, LET me find out he's wearing something like this next summer in Bejing.

I'll be BROKE.
laugh.gif

I'm such a damn sucker for USA colorways.
embarassed.gif

Thanks again, BP.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Oh the PS are making these look good now. I'm still mad about the design though the performance will be off the hook.

That USA color is amazing.

Get to work on some blk/blk, blk/rd, and blk/wht.

6olixqu.jpg

These are crazy ...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i just hope these get released in the states cause they are fire ... Cant wait to use my nike discount on these .. Wasnt really rolling with the allblack pair but these are a def pick up... now just gotta wait for some hometown laker PE's ...
GO LAKE SHOW .... The REAL LA basketball squad ...

we'll find out on 12/25 cause you knoe the lakers dont wear black based shoes at home.

^ Of course they don't, he's going to wear Laker colorway in front of a national televised game and be proud of these historic ZK3s.

Originally Posted by Mister Jack Johnson

Jack I look at shoes not from a fashion sense but more from a art. To me Jordans use to stand out above all shoes at one point but, recently I haven't been able to tell the difference between Air Jordans and team Jordans. That is what I mean by pushing the envelope. Even if you think that the Kobe's are ugly, they make you take notice in a similar way that the orginal Posites and Jordans use to do. I know the recent pics of the Jordans are fake but that is pretty much how the shoe will look, but that shoe doesn't make me take a double look

Trust, I can understand the artistic point of view, and Nike makes some great LOOKING shoes from that standpoint, however nonfunctional they may be. I can give a few examples of this, but in THIS shoe, the ZKIII, there are too many cues from other shoes to call it "revolutionary", or even "groundbreaking". I don't mind ugly kicks either, HOWEVER from my position and IMO, these are ugly in a BAD way. The Black VCIII's were ugly, but beautiful at the same time.

The colorways put up by BP, as talented as he is, are good colorways on a bad looking shoe. Ska mentioned the hottness of the Red/White/Blue colorway, but IMO it's the color, not the shoes that are cool.

From a ballplayers perspective, there are too many shoes out there, even Nikes, that perform at the highest level. With the AJXXIII coming out, side by side, the KBIII doesn't stand a chance.

Could you give me some shoes that this shoe looks like? Put it like this, I like shoes that not only look ugly(in a good way) but also shoes that look likethey will really perform. I find the beauty in performance driven shoes. They look extremely comfortable. The XX3 do not stand out in a good or bad way at all.Its "aight", "OK", "neutral". SO FAR from the pics that I seen of the shoe, it has no "ump" factor like a ZK3 or ZLIV.If you take away the fact that they are the XX3 people would say they were wack. If you take the Kobe logo away from these shoes they still would stand out.You say the colorway makes the shoe look hot, not the actually shoe itself, but that makes no sense at all. Take the AJ III and put it in peak green anddiarrhea brown colorway and I bet the DESIGN could not make me buy that shoe. If you want to see how a shoe really looks, draw up the shoe without any colorthen you will see how good looking the shoe is. Draw the AJ XI(many times regarded as the best looking shoe ever) without any color and I don't think thatshoe would be that good looking. What makes a shoe look hot or not is a combination of materials, actual design, colorways, and other intangibles like seeingyour favorite player drop 50 in the playoffs in them. Sorry for the rant.

Originally Posted by Mister Jack Johnson

Trust, I can understand the artistic point of view, and Nike makes some great LOOKING shoes from that standpoint, however nonfunctional they may be. I can give a few examples of this, but in THIS shoe, the ZKIII, there are too many cues from other shoes to call it "revolutionary", or even "groundbreaking". I don't mind ugly kicks either, HOWEVER from my position and IMO, these are ugly in a BAD way. The Black VCIII's were ugly, but beautiful at the same time.

The colorways put up by BP, as talented as he is, are good colorways on a bad looking shoe. Ska mentioned the hottness of the Red/White/Blue colorway, but IMO it's the color, not the shoes that are cool.

From a ballplayers perspective, there are too many shoes out there, even Nikes, that perform at the highest level. With the AJXXIII coming out, side by side, the KBIII doesn't stand a chance.

Could you give me some shoes that this shoe looks like? Put it like this, I like shoes that not only look ugly(in a good way) but also shoes that look like they will really perform. I find the beauty in performance driven shoes. They look extremely comfortable. The XX3 do not stand out in a good or bad way at all. Its "aight", "OK", "neutral". SO FAR from the pics that I seen of the shoe, it has no "ump" factor like a ZK3 or ZLIV. If you take away the fact that they are the XX3 people would say they were wack. If you take the Kobe logo away from these shoes they still would stand out. You say the colorway makes the shoe look hot, not the actually shoe itself, but that makes no sense at all. Take the AJ III and put it in peak green and diarrhea brown colorway and I bet the DESIGN could not make me buy that shoe. If you want to see how a shoe really looks, draw up the shoe without any color then you will see how good looking the shoe is. Draw the AJ XI(many times regarded as the best looking shoe ever) without any color and I don't think that shoe would be that good looking. What makes a shoe look hot or not is a combination of materials, actual design, colorways, and other intangibles like seeing your favorite player drop 50 in the playoffs in them. Sorry for the rant.
It's a retooled Air Darwin for one. Also, you cannot know if this shoe is comfortable, or if it will fit your style of play until you put iton, that is, if you WANT to put this thing on. If you find "beauty" in performance driven shoes, then that's admirable, but you cannot tell ifthis is truly THAT shoe, unless you've worn it.

Also, you speak of the UMPH factor, well while the XXIII may not have the UMPH to you, those of us who dig subtle things, so the only that matters, is what youdo on court.

Personally, I don't care what another player does in a pair of shoes, as I am sure that you don't either.

How many pairs of Iversons do you have? Dude is one of the baddest out there, does he make you buy Reebok?

What EVERYONE finds attractive IS subjective. If you find this shoe to be hip, then do you.

I find this shoe to be one of the funniest I've ever seen, although the White leather based colorway does help its cause, but not much, as you still haveKobes' name to contend with here in the States.

I don't see the Air Darwin at all. The shoe looks comfortable because it looks like it is built around a "last" that is more similar to the humanfoot IMO. They look like they will fit my style of play which guard based. Iverson has been some what irrelevant since the 01 Finals in IMHO, because of histeam has not been that good. But when he was balling seriously I wanted a pair of those AI IVs but I didn't have a job then so you how that goes. PlusReebok has been known of making inferior basketball shoes since the AI IV & V. I don't really care what a player does in a shoe but it adds to itsappeal. I just like BOLD shoes as far as design. I hate bold colors that but that is a different story. I but I guess we just have to agree to disagree becauseyou will never like anything Kobe related even if its the greatest design ever.

I don't see the Air Darwin at all. The shoe looks comfortable because it looks like it is built around a "last" that is more similar to the human foot IMO. They look like they will fit my style of play which guard based. Iverson has been some what irrelevant since the 01 Finals in IMHO, because of his team has not been that good. But when he was balling seriously I wanted a pair of those AI IVs but I didn't have a job then so you how that goes. Plus Reebok has been known of making inferior basketball shoes since the AI IV & V. I don't really care what a player does in a shoe but it adds to its appeal. I just like BOLD shoes as far as design. I hate bold colors that but that is a different story. I but I guess we just have to agree to disagree because you will never like anything Kobe related even if its the greatest design ever.

It's fine that you don't see the Darwin up in there, but that doesn't mean that it ISN'T all up in there Check the ankle and thentoepiece. Look at where the swoosh is located, but in reverse. Look at the higher cut at the ankle, and then the vents instead of the 'preffed' sidepanels of the Darwin as well.

Also, there is no such thing as a 'guard' shoe, and you can't tell that either by looks alone. Check the Zoom BB's, then look at how manyplayers are wearing them, at different positions, both Lows and Mids.

Iverson being irrelevant to you does not mean that he is not a good player, but when was the last time that Kobe got to the chip, and then won???? Since yousay that the players play adds "appeal", what has Kobe done, sans Shaq, the something AI hasn't done, that warrants a pass? I mean, where did youhear that Reebok makes "inferior shoes"???

Here on Nike Talk?

BTW, Don't attempt to turn this into a "never like anything Kobe", thing. These shoes have been ridiculed even by Kobe fans, on this very thread.

You say BOLD, I say tacky and ugly.

So, do you.

Back
Top Bottom