OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom Kobe III Post. MVP SHOE DONE..USA MAYBE?

Kobe Lovers-

I don't mean to "front" on you, but I'm really tired of seeing this. You do the same thing you accuse Mr. Jack Johnson of doing. I hate togeneralize here, but typically if I see Kobe in your avatar, Team Los Angeles Lakers, or Black Mamba #24 in your signature, I can surmise that the latest Kobeincarnation is "probably the hottest joint to ever have been produced," or, "they're ugly, but I bet they peform well!" When JackJohnson slights your idol or the shoe itself, you retaliate by saying, "Jack, quit PM'ing hate!" "Get out of here if you don't like theshoe!" "Why post if you don't like Kobe's shoes?" I understood that you disliked his hate and wanted him to stop the first time NeverWear Them, Sarteaga, Vulkan, and Goosebear, why do you continue to make posts about it? You don't need to inform the community again and again about yourproblems with the member--your underlying premises in your initial posts were pretty easy to understand. Everywhere I look these past few pages, I see N.W.Tand Kobehead. say, "yo when are these releasing?" "these are so hot" "I love the MPLS" joints. I understood that you feltstrongly about this particular model when you first posted your thoughts....I don't need to see "i love these" every other post from you guys.It's neither constructive or informative, much like you accuse Jack Johnson's posts of being. Hell, I might go as far as to say you're trollingtoo....

As for the Zoom Kobe 3 themselves: I like them--in MPLS, BP's USA PS, and BP's black/purple/white PS.

I've never been big on all black shoes, because typically they don't show contrasting materials well. On a shoe like this, where thenetting acts as an overlay to the mesh material, I think it's important to showcase both materials, as it gives the design a bit more'pop'.

I still have issues with the design though:

-The toe looks a bit too bulbous.
-The outsole looks like a mess--there seems to be no continuity.
-
Is it just me, or does this shoe sit oddly? I'll have to look into that.

Until Then,

Peace

I still think its a reach to compare these to the Darwin. They are a guard shoe. If they are designed for Kobe its a guard shoe. Last time I checked Kobeposition is shooting guard. The BB's may be worn by many players at different positions, but they are designed for guards. I think Iverson is a greatplayer, one of the best but he doesn't have the star power that Kobe has. Kobe always makes news. He plays in the second biggest city in the country whichis home to Hollywood. Do you think people would be talking about Starbury if he didn't play in NYC. Philly is a big city also but its not LA, NY, or evenChicago. Professor K is where I got the idea behind Reebok making inferior shoes. Reebok don't do it for me because they don't have the right look forme. Reebok looks like they follow trends instead of making them like Nike and Adidas. I do agree that the outsole needs help. It doesn't look cohesive withthe upper. The upper is what gets me excited not really the sole. I wish they would evolved the sole of the ZK2. That was a thing of beauty.

yo I just like kicks...not just kobe kicks, I dont go on a community board to get bombarded by 14 year old kids named peter who dont have a life. I come toshare info and thoughts on releases and news , this is a board everyone is entitled to your opinion. Im in Florida Im not on the west coast and its justridiculous on how some people get strung up on this suject matter but bottom line..this is suppose to be something positive for the culture not some hate fest.

thats my 2 cents.

V

it's not hate against the shoe, that's what this is here for, to critique the shoe. when the player is mentioned that's when is a problem. Why?Because it's about the shoe not the player.

jdrone..i can see how this thread seems to have the memory span of dory from finding nemo asking when the release date for the shoe is every 3-4 posts I canonly attribute that to people either not looking at previous pages or that the release date is a little bit in flux right now with eastbay/footlocker having anearlier release date than what nike had originally posted..and yes the those are hott comments arent very constructive either..but look on nearly every otherthread..lebron,house of hoops,adidas gil 2 0 the list goes on and on..those types of comments are everywhere it isnt simply relegated to the kobe thread.Thesame can be said for almost every person on this thread who says "I bet these are gonna perform great" or whatever..but again look on some otherthread and it'll be the same.

as for the jack johnson situation...this is first and foremost NIKE talk..who are a majority of people on this board going too be supporters of..I haveabsolutely no problem with his not liking nike or even kobe because he certainly isnt the only one in this entire community who dislikes either/both..I alsodont have a problem with getting into discussions with him regarding his beliefs about certain facts versus mine..however during the course of any discussionand either he or I have one of our points proven wrong then stop pushing it..However he continues to push his point even after he was disproven not just bymyself or by other people then thats just wanting to cause drama.If I was to prove you wrong in an argument and gave proper proof from credible sources,wouldit make sense for you to continue to push your point even when youve been proven wrong?

honestly if a person goes to a nike/kobe thread and voices their displeasure then fine do it..thats your right make your point and be done with it..you got itoff your chest..however if you want to come through and constantly bash and berate the people who populate the thread because its something they like thenthats when it gets to a point where its not constructive.And I know fine I can put him on ignore but Im also not going to let him run off with his mouth.Ifhe's wrong and no one is around to say otherwise then he ends up being right.Whether or not that makes any sense to you.As much as he has a right to comeout and say whatever he says I have just as much a right to say otherwise.If he hates nike how come he's not on the lebron thread or jordan forums??lebronand jordan use zoom air how come they arent being berated?

has the man worn any of the shoes he so despises??obviously not and the negatives he gets are based from other people's opinions.And obviously not everyshoe is going to work for every person.Even for all the people who post on the kobe threads there will be people in that group that have negative experienceswith the shoe.it's hearsay I can tell you everything thats been good and bad with the zoom kobe 2 based on MY experiences..and MY experiences dontnecessarily reflect those of anyone else's..here is what i think about them and thats it take it or leave it..I would never comment on a shoe or brandbeing inferior to something else without EVER putting on that product and giving it it's fair shake in judgment.

anyways thats just me since u saw it fit to include my name in your post

I think those are ugly, but somehow I still like them! I can imagine them as a pretty good shoes to play ball in!

hot fire. loving these, esp grey/caro pair

striking, well made and look comfy as hell

wow must not cost much at all to make the kobe IIIs....its just probably a piece of carbon fiber and lots of rubber and plastic

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

wow must not cost much at all to make the kobe IIIs....its just probably a piece of carbon fiber and lots of rubber and plastic
Word. Then to have the nerve to want to charge a buck thirty/fiddy for this. I bet someone will start screaming about tech and performance in order tojustify it as well.

cost is justified, well "justified" not only in the AZKIII but every sig. shoe due to Research and Development, advertising (mainly in Asia), etc.

^^^

HAHAHHAHA SO SWEET!!!!! DUDE YOU GOT SKILLS. I GIVE YOU MAD PROPS. TO GOOD.

BTW THAT KOBE SIGN ON YOUR PICS RESEMBLES BP PRETTY GOOD. VERY CREATIVE.
glasses.gif

Kobe, Nike needs to re-visit the Zoom 2k4 blueprints b/c they are messing up your signature line Kobe 3's are disgusting. You can not rock these casuallySMH! Kobe should have signed with Jordan Brand.

Back
Top Bottom