OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for these. The colorways that were posted, most of them described sound solid.

just make it a higher mid top Kobe IV with full length zoom like the LBJ II .
pimp.gif
instant cop

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

i hope these actually look like a sig shoe.
I think certain colors look 100% signature, but I agree that others looked more generic

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Originally Posted by never wear them

Bundy, I feel you. I hope it ain't lighter that the zk5s.... You can't go any lighter than that, if so, Ima have doubts playing in em. And yea, the Kobe Line is just too much right now. Can you seriously say that his line sucked?.... Negative. Obviously it ain't JB but what other sig line is at the same level as the ZK aka Eric Avar's line?

I can't expect less When it comes to Eric Avar. Dude is my favorite outta all of em.
Don't count the Lebron sig line out!
I love the Dark Knights, the home/away, Bruce Lee's, and the USC's..............
But the Lebron line comes very hard.
Just the 7 alone  has some ridiculous cws: ASG's, Cool Grey;s, X-Mas Day (even though they sat alot), DunkMan's, CTK, HWC, etc.

I ain't count it out........ I'm talking bout magnitude dawg. The lbj line is hot... But whether you wana admit it or not, it ain't like the Kobe line. And it don't matter if it sits or not, if a shoe is hot, it's hot. Jordans sat... And those %%*!% are campout status now.

Love the ZKV. It will be hard to top.

What I would like to see in improvement is:

- herringbone traction as mentioned above
- breathability - get some air running by my foot
- a more flexible material across where the crease is made on Vs. I play ball in my Chaos and these things still look close to new! Only thing that sets it off is the crease around the first lace eyelet. If Nike can put a piece of material in this area right before the toe box, the V would look EVEN better.

Things to keep:

- skinwire - I love the CWs they came up with for the V and the crazy chameleon-esque stuff they did with it.
- low cut - never thought it would happen, but the stereotype/barrier to playing in lows has been broken so easily - thanks KB
- NON-CREASING toe box!!!!! I love this. The toe box doesn't crease and the harder makeup provides great stability in this area.

> THE KBV is probably my favorite Nike shoe in a long time.. Close second would be the first Lunar Trainer.

are you guys being serious about "hard to top zkv's" ?

i don't know about the performance but the design needs some work for real.

yes i don't own em because they look ugly. rather get some tennis shoes out there.

6's need some major work in terms of design.
obviously though kobe never cares about "design"

he said it himself.. all he cares about the shoes is its performance..

you already know the history of kobe signature.. i mean are we forgetting the adidas kobeTWO?????? LOL

smh@ some of ppl's tastes here

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

are you guys being serious about "hard to top zkv's" ?

i don't know about the performance but the design needs some work for real.

yes i don't own em because they look ugly. rather get some tennis shoes out there.

6's need some major work in terms of design.
obviously though kobe never cares about "design"

he said it himself.. all he cares about the shoes is its performance..

you already know the history of kobe signature.. i mean are we forgetting the adidas kobeTWO?????? LOL

smh@ some of ppl's tastes here

You are a hater. The Kobe IV and Kobe V are Nike's best sellers for the past year.

Bundy, I feel you. I hope it ain't lighter that the zk5s.... You can't go any lighter than that, if so, Ima have doubts playing in em. And yea, the Kobe Line is just too much right now. Can you seriously say that his line sucked?.... Negative. Obviously it ain't JB but what other sig line is at the same level as the ZK aka Eric Avar's line?

I can't expect less When it comes to Eric Avar. Dude is my favorite outta all of em.
I love the Dark Knights, the home/away, Bruce Lee's, and the USC's..............
Just the 7 alone  has some ridiculous cws: ASG's, Cool Grey;s, X-Mas Day (even though they sat alot), DunkMan's, CTK, HWC, etc.

I ain't count it out........ I'm talking bout magnitude dawg. The lbj line is hot... But whether you wana admit it or not, it ain't like the Kobe line. And it don't matter if it sits or not, if a shoe is hot, it's hot. Jordans sat... And those %%*!% are campout status now.
I wasn't going to bring up the previous installments of each line, but if you compare the two, Kobe really only has the 4 and 5.
Both great sneakers! But still...........
Lebron has the 3, 4, 6 and 7; and it would seem that the LBJ line had continuous evolution, while Kobe's only major change was between the 3 and 4.
And if we're talking about campout status, I'd have to give it to Lebron as well; all of the cw's I said earlier were pretty much tent status.
But just to clarify, I'm not biased, I love both the Kobe 4 and 5

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

Love the ZKV. It will be hard to top.

What I would like to see in improvement is:

- herringbone traction as mentioned above
- breathability - get some air running by my foot
- a more flexible material across where the crease is made on Vs. I play ball in my Chaos and these things still look close to new! Only thing that sets it off is the crease around the first lace eyelet. If Nike can put a piece of material in this area right before the toe box, the V would look EVEN better.

Things to keep:

- skinwire - I love the CWs they came up with for the V and the crazy chameleon-esque stuff they did with it.
- low cut - never thought it would happen, but the stereotype/barrier to playing in lows has been broken so easily - thanks KB
- NON-CREASING toe box!!!!! I love this. The toe box doesn't crease and the harder makeup provides great stability in this area.

> THE KBV is probably my favorite Nike shoe in a long time.. Close second would be the first Lunar Trainer.

seriously?

if you're gonna ball in a shoe, it's gonna crease dude... no matter what.

i actually like when my shoes crease, because they crease to my foot and how my foot moves when i move with the shoe. without the creasing, they would always feel stiff.

but if you compare the two, Kobe really only has the 4 and 5.

?...... so the zk3s didnt sell?.... i clearly remember the only colorway that went on sale was the SLs and some scattered sized in the mpls..... the all blacks went out rightaway.... like a year ago we started seeing some at the outlets.... asia pairs were shipped over here to get devoured.... you can find the grs for cheap on ebay tho...

Lebron has the 3, 4, 6 and 7; and it would seem that the LBJ line had continuous evolution
Not even Lebron liked the 6s.... colorways made that shoe and if it wasnt for the double stack zoom... what would there be to talk about?
the lbj 3s?.... c'mon baby.... can you really say that shoe was comfortable? that shoe is my 2nd favorite lbj tho, just cuz of looks

while Kobe's only major change was between the 3 and 4.

continuous evolution right here.

(i'll just post some pics....
smh.gif
)

jzh7xf.jpg

zoom-kobe-3.jpg

nike-shoe-zoom-kobe4-west-coast.jpg

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-5-Dark-Knight-1.jpg

And if we're talking about campout status, I'd have to give it to Lebron as well; all of the cw's I said earlier were pretty much tent status

eyes.gif
 not really... and your from canada? how you gon' know what shoes were campout status?... 

I like lebron..... You'll NEVER hear me or see me comment dissing Lebron like some Kobe heads.... but when it comes to comparing their line... I'll just let the threads speak for themselves

...and I've been here long enough to actually have a CLEAR over look on both lines from start to end... your 20 years old.... you were 13 when the azg LBJ 1s came out. you wont have the same mentality as me or older sneaker heads...

i respect your opinion... dont take this the wrong way... just expressin my opinion too.... knawmeeeeaaan

arthritis kickin in...
3454110496_b3785204f5.jpg

I wasn't going to bring up the previous installments of each line, but if you compare the two, Kobe really only has the 4 and 5.
Both great sneakers! But still...........
Lebron has the 3, 4, 6 and 7; and it would seem that the LBJ line had continuous evolution, while Kobe's only major change was between the 3 and 4.
And if we're talking about campout status, I'd have to give it to Lebron as well; all of the cw's I said earlier were pretty much tent status.
But just to clarify, I'm not biased, I love both the Kobe 4 and 5

I dont know about that. The Lebron line has had popular shoes but they still haven't had that crossover hit like the Kobe IV and Kobe V. Mainly because to be crossover hit they have to look good and play good. If look at the consenus among Lebron shoes none of them have been that except maybe Soliders. The Lebron VII is the best selling Lebron shoe to date and its widely hitting outlets.( I dont know if that because they produce alot of them)

As for campout status I think you currently have to give it to the Kobe line.

The ZKIV had Venoms,MLKs, The 2 Finals shoes and All-Stars. The LBJ VI had the Big Apples and the MVP VI.
The ZKV has Bruce Lees,Dark Knights, Dukes,Aces,USCs,Aston Martins and All-Stars. The LBJ VII has the MTAG, Moon Cakes,Akrons and CTKs.

Again you may have different perspective because you are in Canada but just what I see Kobes are currently selling way faster than Lebrons.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

just make it a higher mid top Kobe IV with full length zoom like the LBJ II .
pimp.gif
instant cop

The LB2 is not full length - its max heel and articulated forefoot - same as the LB3.

Isn't Kobe getting too old for sigs? Stick him in some GRs or KDs!

If the Lakers' 2010 first round playoff series with the Thunder is any indication of how much of a decline Kobe is in when compared to elite NBA talent, we're only a year away from watching Kevin Durant dismantle him like Scottie Pippen did to Larry Bird toward the end of Bird's time as an elite impact player.

The LB2 is not full length - its max heel and articulated forefoot - same as the LB3.
Uh, the LeBron 2's have a full length Zoom Air unit inside of some hard plastic "cage" thing... I dissected them after beating them into the ground 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by clkru

Isn't Kobe getting too old for sigs? Stick him in some GRs or KDs!

If the Lakers' 2010 first round playoff series with the Thunder is any indication of how much of a decline Kobe is in when compared to elite NBA talent, we're only a year away from watching Kevin Durant dismantle him like Scottie Pippen did to Larry Bird toward the end of Bird's time as an elite impact player.
Are you serious? This series was just last week...did you even see it? Kevin Durant hardly "dismantle"d Kobe or the Lakers in that series with both Kobe and Durant putting up similiar points averages and shooting percentages. Kobe struggled to get lift and was swatted by the Thunder several times till he and the team used a simple pump fake to get the jump happy Thunder up in the air. And the player who did the most damage in that series (Westbrook) was slowed by Kobe in game 5.  Now in the second round it looks like Kobe is getting his shot and legs back and the decline talk is slowly fading away...till this ill timed post.

They need to Keep it Low, And as lightweight as possible! They need to get back to basics with the traction and go with the herringbone. Also the Cushioning, I thought the Cushioning was sacrificed in the 5s. The 4s starts off great but the Lunar foam is dead in 2 weeks. With the 5s, I found them to be too hard in the front. I love the lighter an Lower concept, I'd be willing to buy them if they went even Lower, But they gotta have the traction and they gotta be comfortable and the cushioning needs to last longer then 2 weeks!

if they could invent some lunar foam that never bottoms out... that'd be sweet (but very unlikely)

also, i think the height of the 4's was better than the 5's...

i hope they're not any lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom