OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill be disappointed if they switch from lows to mids. They made a big deal about lows, performed great as lows and got us used to them so they better keep them low.

Performance over design, that's what the Kobe line has always been about and what it should always remain about. I personally don't care about who had the hottest colorways, the LeBron's or the Kobe's, I'm more concerned about which shoe performs best.

The ZK1 is by far one of the best basketball shoes to this day. Compared to the rest of the Kobe line it's heavy and clunky almost but the padding and softness and cushioning of that shoe is still tops on my list. The ZK2, the FIRST basketball shoe EVER to incorporate TRUE FREE technology, considered upper and a carbon fiber shank. ZK3, lightweight and great support, the ZKIV and ZKV can speak for themselves. Let's not even go into the 2K4 and 2K5, those were the best shoes at the time.

Kobe VI is going to be a sandal type shoe
They're trying to lose weight so they decided to add a sole then a flywire thong like a sandal.
lower the cut, the better then shoe.

you guys are all wrong... kobe now wants to play as if he were barefoot so nike will pair up with Vibram and create the new Kobe VI. Here are early prototype pics. enjoy
happy.gif

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Performance over design, that's what the Kobe line has always been about and what it should always remain about. I personally don't care about who had the hottest colorways, the LeBron's or the Kobe's, I'm more concerned about which shoe performs best.

The ZK1 is by far one of the best basketball shoes to this day. Compared to the rest of the Kobe line it's heavy and clunky almost but the padding and softness and cushioning of that shoe is still tops on my list. The ZK2, the FIRST basketball shoe EVER to incorporate TRUE FREE technology, considered upper and a carbon fiber shank. ZK3, lightweight and great support, the ZKIV and ZKV can speak for themselves. Let's not even go into the 2K4 and 2K5, those were the best shoes at the time.
Not sure about the 1 and 2. But I HAVE to agree that the 2K4 was an amazing shoe!

Oh and NeverWearThem= Trump Homie.
You're right I was 13, and don't have as much experience.
I guess it would be more accurate to say that the Lebron line looks to be gathering momentum with this new AMLB7.
Maybe it'll come down to a battle between the ZK6 and LB8 this holiday!

Originally Posted by clkru

Isn't Kobe getting too old for sigs? Stick him in some GRs or KDs!

If the Lakers' 2010 first round playoff series with the Thunder is any indication of how much of a decline Kobe is in when compared to elite NBA talent, we're only a year away from watching Kevin Durant dismantle him like Scottie Pippen did to Larry Bird toward the end of Bird's time as an elite impact player.
You realize Durant shot like 30% for the series right? You realize with all those injuries, Kobe had better stats than Durant in the series, and has scored 30+ in the last 3 games efficiently.

I know i'm feeding this troll, but please come correct next time.

This is in no way trying to hate on Durant btw, I like him as a player, just letting this hater know what really happened.

new colorways
20NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI429659001BLACK/VARSITY RED//WHITE130SP201111.5008262181
20NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI429659002BLACK/DARK GREY/WHITE/DEL SOL130SP201111.500826218
20NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI429659004BLACK/VARSITY ROYAL//WHITE130SP201111.50082621816
20NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI429659005DARK GREY/GLASS BLUE/VIBRANT YELLOW/CHROME130SP201111.50082621817

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Bundy, I feel you. I hope it ain't lighter that the zk5s.... You can't go any lighter than that, if so, Ima have doubts playing in em. And yea, the Kobe Line is just too much right now. Can you seriously say that his line sucked?.... Negative. Obviously it ain't JB but what other sig line is at the same level as the ZK aka Eric Avar's line?

I can't expect less When it comes to Eric Avar. Dude is my favorite outta all of em.
Don't count the Lebron sig line out!
I love the Dark Knights, the home/away, Bruce Lee's, and the USC's..............
But the Lebron line comes very hard.
Just the 7 alone  has some ridiculous cws: ASG's, Cool Grey;s, X-Mas Day (even though they sat alot), DunkMan's, CTK, HWC, etc.

I ain't count it out........ I'm talking bout magnitude dawg. The lbj line is hot... But whether you wana admit it or not, it ain't like the Kobe line. And it don't matter if it sits or not, if a shoe is hot, it's hot. Jordans sat... And those %%*!% are campout status now.
I wasn't going to bring up the previous installments of each line, but if you compare the two, Kobe really only has the 4 and 5.
Both great sneakers! But still...........
Lebron has the 3, 4, 6 and 7; and it would seem that the LBJ line had continuous evolution, while Kobe's only major change was between the 3 and 4.
And if we're talking about campout status, I'd have to give it to Lebron as well; all of the cw's I said earlier were pretty much tent status.
But just to clarify, I'm not biased, I love both the Kobe 4 and 5

I dont know about that. The Lebron line has had popular shoes but they still haven't had that crossover hit like the Kobe IV and Kobe V. Mainly because to be crossover hit they have to look good and play good. If look at the consenus among Lebron shoes none of them have been that except maybe Soliders. The Lebron VII is the best selling Lebron shoe to date and its widely hitting outlets.( I dont know if that because they produce alot of them)

As for campout status I think you currently have to give it to the Kobe line.

The ZKIV had Venoms,MLKs, The 2 Finals shoes and All-Stars. The LBJ VI had the Big Apples and the MVP VI.
The ZKV has Bruce Lees,Dark Knights, Dukes,Aces,USCs,Aston Martins and All-Stars. The LBJ VII has the MTAG, Moon Cakes,Akrons and CTKs.

Again you may have different perspective because you are in Canada but just what I see Kobes are currently selling way faster than Lebrons.

I'll Take Kobe's over Lebron's any day. even as far as colorways.. design wise probably a tie or to lebron because I know lebron wanted to slap Nike for the 4, 5, and 6... thats just my opinion, they were just ugly to me, esp. the 5's.
I think Kobe's colorways kill Lebrons.... Lebron, well Nike has there days when they wanna drop nice colorways for Lebron.
I think Chaos IV, Bruce Lee, Lower Merion,  Dukes, Dark Knight, Inline IV's and V's, 4 rings, vemons, carpe diems, etc... killed the game
I think the ZKIV's and ZKV's straight abused the lebron VI's and VII's and treated them like step children and put them in time-out. lol
The Lebron VII's are dope, but Nike is playing with the colorways... we should've got fanantics, HWC's blue and orange, and the XI's inspired joints.. but they slacked.

I heard Kobe is going back to Mid-Top... I wouldn't mind seeing a Mid-top Kobe again, just give us some dope lows to go along with them... as far as weight, I dont really wanna see it too much lighter than the V's... what are they like 10 oz's or something? I remember being in the stock room unloading them onto the shelf and it feeling like they only put one shoe in. I dont want no flip flop feeling shoes or no nike free runs.. lol  just some nice and comfortable shoes that are great for balling.
I think they gonna have a hard, hard time upgrading the V... good luck.
But EricAvar is a God.. THE SNEAKER GOD.. and GOD IS LOVE... LOVE IS GOD. lol

NotoriousMJ23, where did you hear that it's going back to a mid-top if you don't mind me asking?

i thought the 4's were perfect and the 5's were a little to low cut for my taste (but i still ball in them).

I haven't tried the V yet, or even the IV.

But with the feedback ive seen, the IV, V are similar to the 2K4.

IMO the 2K4 is the top 5 best shoe ever. I need to try the V's asap.

One thing about the VI is I hope design wise it takes a strong break from the IV and V. Every new shoe from Kobe's line was noticeably different from the other, although I felt the V built too much upon the IV (the V reminds me of the IV with sharper and cleaner lines). Obviously whatever looks like, it'll be a performance monster but it'd be nice to have a "shake up" in the design.

Originally Posted by al3x89

NotoriousMJ23, where did you hear that it's going back to a mid-top if you don't mind me asking?

i thought the 4's were perfect and the 5's were a little to low cut for my taste (but i still ball in them).

It was rumor at first.. but my friend that works for nike said that he heard its def. a mid again.. I honestly
   do not know. so I wont mislead or misguide anyone or get hopes up..

But in that george lopez and kobe special zkv interview.. Kobe says that Nike already has the Kobes made up to 7 or 8.. lol sooo i don't know.. maybe me or another niketalker will see Eric Avar in a bar with the VI's or VII's zoom kobes on, gets trashed and all drunk and we can slip the shoes off and they leak like the guy and the iPhone situation. lol

I can see them going back to a mid or at least a 2K4 type of shoe with the marketing behind it that Kobe is geting older and needs more support and cushioning.

After telling us that a low doesn't necessarily have to have less support than a mid, going back to a mid would seem contradictory.

Is it possible they're going back to the same midsole/different uppers, like with the 2?

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Originally Posted by al3x89

It was rumor at first.. but my friend that works for nike said that he heard its def. a mid again.. I honestly
   do not know. so I wont mislead or misguide anyone or get hopes up..

But in that george lopez and kobe special zkv interview.. Kobe says that Nike already has the Kobes made up to 7 or 8.. lol sooo i don't know.. maybe me or another niketalker will see Eric Avar in a bar with the VI's or VII's zoom kobes on, gets trashed and all drunk and we can slip the shoes off and they leak like the guy and the iPhone situation. lol

roll.gif

that'd be quite the story. whatever, low top, mid, high, boots.. as long as they perform, i'll wear them.

They're eventually going to go back to mids, it's not going to be just a lowtop line. I just wish they did both and Nike supported both. Lows in the regular season/ Mids Post season or something to that sort. The Kobe line has really taken off, it's time Nike shows KB more love. People said he's declining yet he's had 4 straight 30+ points games in a row already, obviously he's not declining.

Get it done Nike!

When they say Kobe is declining.... It means he's showing his age.... He can't be doing what he used to do when he was #8 (GOAT)...

He used to run down and block dunks against the backboard, score 50+pts consecutively in big streaks, shoot 3 pointers from 3ft behind the line, make 12 3ptrs in one game etc....

All that work out that he pushed on his body is catching up to him real quick.

So My conclusion is, maybe low tops ain't really supporting him anymore. He doesn't have that style of play like he once used to.

Agree?

Nah, People on NT, Haters ment he's declining because of his injury and games where he shot 3 for 25 towards the end of the season. Barkley said Kobe's days of scoring 30 or more are over, Lmao....

I don't think the Lows are killing his feet or anything, if they were, the whole team wouldn't be wearing them. He's looking as good as ever since game 5 against the Thunder.

I think they should made both. All of Kobe's alternate line, aka dream seasons, Make Sense, only release over seas, it's time Nike gives him the Lebron treatment and gives this multiple champion more than 1 sig shoe.

Plus the box is suppost to come out with the VI, finally.

When they say Kobe is declining.... It means he's showing his age.... He can't be doing what he used to do when he was #8 (GOAT)...

He used to run down and block dunks against the backboard, score 50+pts consecutively in big streaks, shoot 3 pointers from 3ft behind the line, make 12 3ptrs in one game etc....

So My conclusion is, maybe low tops ain't really supporting him anymore. He doesn't have that style of play like he once used to.

Agree?

even when he was #8 you cannot say that Kobe is the GOAT. Kobe is one of the greatest ever but during their championship run he was mostly a complimentary player to Shaq. You have to remember that Shaq was probably the best in the league at the time constantly dropping 40 in the playoffs so Kobes' titles where due in large part because of Shaq. MJ is the GOAT and he was the main reason for his teams success he carried that team for all those years and MJ is 6-0  in the NBA finals,Kobe is 4-2.
As for the shoes, I think that they should go back to the mids  because when he wore them,that was the time when he was truly dominant. The low tops are pretty sick shoes and are good for us but I think that mids would be better for Kobe himself.

^ Kobe was as important to the lakers winning championships as shaq. You can compare them to the magic and kareem relationship. If you look at the series and the numbers, there were some playoff series were kobe took over and others where shaq did. Don't be fooled by that "those are shaq's ring" crap. What made the lakers tough was they had the 2 best players in the L on the same team.

Anyways back to the shoes. I hope the 6 is a low with that removable ankle strap that they had in the sample 5's.

Rolaholic - I meant after #8 after shaq. Granted his squad was horrible, but it brought out the best of him... Look at Wade, lebron, suckass teams, but the best comes out of em when they're the "one". Lebron has a nice squad right now... They're ALL hungry... Not just him.

And shaq the best? Idk... I have to say yes cuz cmon... It was obvious. Dominant to it's finest, greatest center for sure. But keep in mind who was holding the torch b4, (the twin towers) but we all know Rob had to go.

Kobe should go back to something to like the ZK2, something solid and stable. Not saying lows are horrible, I prefer lows over anything now, but I'm speaking on Kobes game of play right now.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Agree?

even when he was #8 you cannot say that Kobe is the GOAT. Kobe is one of the greatest ever but during their championship run he was mostly a complimentary player to Shaq. You have to remember that Shaq was probably the best in the league at the time constantly dropping 40 in the playoffs so Kobes' titles where due in large part because of Shaq. MJ is the GOAT and he was the main reason for his teams success he carried that team for all those years and MJ is 6-0  in the NBA finals,Kobe is 4-2.
As for the shoes, I think that they should go back to the mids  because when he wore them,that was the time when he was truly dominant. The low tops are pretty sick shoes and are good for us but I think that mids would be better for Kobe himself.

MJ had help from people too you know...

^^

Yea, I wasn't insulting Kobe in any way,He is one of the greatest but i dont think he's GOAT just yet and I'm not on the shaqs' rings part but shaq had a huge role in them and I don't think that the lakers would've won those titles without him.

The low tops have been great but they should go back to mids. A great idea would be to have a removable strap around your ankle sort of like the air jordan XX but it would go all around your ankle and could be a mid or a low top if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom