OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nermindee

Originally Posted by IRyBreadI

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

forgot there is one more picture of this shoes...
f3135880e848497e796c12224df83e8bdf957f5.jpg

22425b5e6e4027901574e450dc882a2542b4ce0.jpg

9c615fea44781a43769881eeffe404ded44bd38.jpg

i think the new added picture can clearly prove they are the Rice High school edition?

see the heel cup color? golden yellowish and greenish... looked like the gold flightposite color, so sexy~~ 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
is that a black mamba on the heel cup ID area?
pimp.gif

good eye, i was wondering wth it was hahahaha
The heel cup looks great. Wish they'd do this on more releases.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Code:
Dear 12/26/10    Order Thank you for your recent order.  We are currently out-of-stock, however you should expect to receive this item within 2 weeks of the backorder date printed below, unless it is a personalized product. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-628-6301.  We apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, Eastbay

Anyone else get this email? Does this mean I am not getting them?

i received that e-mail.
my guess is that its a standard e-mail. like someone said pages back...saturday was x-mas so no shipping..and sunday there is no shipping out.

i think the new added picture can clearly prove they are the Rice High school edition?

see the heel cup color? golden yellowish and greenish... looked like the gold flightposite color, so sexy~~ 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
these bad boys are too nice. can't wait for more CWs. DAMN. imma be broke this 2011.

loving the snake head on the heel.
pimp.gif

I'm not taking away anything from Tinker or JP, but they seriously lack a lot, and I mean A LOT, of imagination/inspiration.
eek.gif
Tinker lacking imagination? you serious.  he might have a couple duds, but come on now, saying he lacks imagination/inspiration is straight blasphemy. you don't get to his position (Nike VP of Creative Design) by lacking imagination/inspiration.

I just can not get over those rices.....I thought the grinches and chaos would be the only ones I got....OMG. The heel cup/mamba on the back just really sealed the deal. I'm sure it'll be a HOH only though
frown.gif
oh well hopefully I can get some help!

right now my mind is saying "screw the upcoming jordan releases" (white cement III, playoff XIIIs) and save for kobe VI's hahahaha....

naw foreels though

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
these bad boys are too nice. can't wait for more CWs. DAMN. imma be broke this 2011.

loving the snake head on the heel.
pimp.gif
Those are too sick!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

I'm not taking away anything from Tinker or JP, but they seriously lack a lot, and I mean A LOT, of imagination/inspiration.
eek.gif
Tinker lacking imagination? you serious.  he might have a couple duds, but come on now, saying he lacks imagination/inspiration is straight blasphemy. you don't get to his position by lacking imagination/inspiration.

Obviously I'm talking about the present... Not on how he got here. If you think the 2010s were inspiring, then you must easily get amused
laugh.gif

"hit" is subjective.

i think tinkers portfolio speaks for itself. the 14s are still my favorite hoop shoe to date.

but honestly, you have to consider that these guys are designing shoes for different end users. in this case their end user is their respective signature player. its really up to what they want as far as cushioning.
If you think the 2010s were inspiring, then you must easily get amused
don't quite understand what you me by "inspiring." the 2010s are an amazing basketball shoe, great cushioning, has amazing breatheablility (sp?). sure the design wasn't on point in comparison to other shoes. in their case it was function over form. which is fine by me for a basketball shoe.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

right now my mind is saying "screw the upcoming jordan releases" (white cement III, playoff XIIIs) and save for kobe VI's hahahaha....

naw foreels though
pimp.gif

Kobe VI Quality>any new jordans

Kobe VI Appearance> any new jordans

As for Tinker, I wouldn't say he fell off, but you gotta remember when he was making the newest things it was because we hadn't seen em incorporated before.  Now it isn't so appealing because we have seen it so many times on different shoes.  Lets not forget he designs other things besides Jordans as well.  But I would say the XX3's were one of the nicest pairs (performance wise) that I've seen in a while, not to mention they were super comfy

These GRINCHES go super hard... Every pic I see of these makes them look real good. These kicks are mad photogenic. lol.

Oh no doubt, nor hesitation, when saying Tinker is probably considered one of the greatest. His resume is just untouchable.

Take away the 11s, 3s, 13s... His portfolio would only interest runners IMO. Take away 3 designs from Eric, still has some pretty damn solid hits.

But when you have a guy that came up with The Foamposite One... And is still making hits, you just have to respect that consistency.
Eric is still relevant till this date. Still Making us, old sneaker heads, go bananas over shoes.

As a Sneaker Connoisseur.... I'd be more impressed with Eric's portfolio/resume.

Foamposite One, Outrigger vs. Creating the training category of sneakers, Visible Air.

The debate is never ending, and if anything, has to do more with personal preference.

I just don't think you should be swayed by what Nike marketing puts out. I would think its safe to assume that Tinker is more of a figurehead in hopes of rekindling the allure that jordans used to have. Tinker has his hands in so many things, I'd be very surprised if he was the true lead designer on the 2010s and now the 2011s.

I wonder what would happen if Eric and tinker worked together on a sneaker............ 
Rice colorway
pimp.gif

Grinch.............fail

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I wonder what would happen if Eric and tinker worked together on a sneaker............ 
look no further than the Air Zoom Generation.

I think definitely as of late Avar has designing way better stuff than tinker, but NWT is right, take away those Jordans and it's just trainers. And of course more people find Tinker better simply because of the Jordan craze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom