OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by al3x89

take this however you want... i personally don't believe her
 alex: and i have one more question... how much are the kobe 6's on Nike ID? i understand they'll be available on December 24. 
Amanda: It looks like they will be $130.
alex: they're going to be the same price as retail? is that right?
Amanda: Right.
alex: ok thanks
I don't believe her either. It'll most likely be $160 like the V's were.

ima be one broke fool this month...mad bills,presents,jordans and kobes
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Hugo

ima be one broke fool this month...mad bills,presents,jordans and kobes
30t6p3b.gif

x2
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'll prob hit up the nearest footlocker within the next week or two and see if they received the VI's. Oh and i'll ask to try them on too!
tongue.gif

As an outsider to both lebrons and kobes, take out the "scales" and its a bare bones one layered upper with no imagination. Likewise with the lebron, that upper is terrible as well. I've compared it to what Tinker did to Bo Jackson's shoes in 1990 with the ripstop sailboat nylon at the upper ankle and forefoot. Flywire is no different. Tinker's shoe was better implemented into the design. So when it comes down to it, both models are living off of the signature athletes name.

Completely throw out the upper for a moment on both sides, and zoom air wins out. The same type of zoom air that won out in 1997. I think Nike is glad I'm not a normal consumer. Neither shoe is worth the time or effort on my end when you consider the lack of time and effort done design wise to these.

With that said, I think the common person looks at the scales as so unique, that it must be new age. So the kobes will win out. And then they put them on. Even better with zoom air. A double WIN for the kobe VIs. For the common fan, without the SB hype, the Lebrons offer almost nothing new, with a upper that looks like it was put together by a 8 year old. From toebox upward: leather toebox-->triangle flywire thrown in-->middle upper piece doing nothing-->another triangle flywire piece-->swoosh and end piece. Where is the design flow (the v2 corrects this with the forefoot flywire blending in with the toebox).

I'm all for basic shoes though. That's pretty much all I own, so thats why my interest is still in these shoes. I just won't preach like they are the next best thing, when It seems like they might be on par with other shoes of this decade. No better, no worse. NT loves to hype up par for the course shoes.

Good outside/observation.

I still think a 40+ year old would choose the 4s and maybe the 5s over these 6s and the majority of the Lebrons except the the 1s and 3s

And I'll start it up February Fresh.

And trust, I'll make it an opinionated thread.
I will not post my opinion till ppl start posting their opinions.
I'll post each sig's Bread&Butter colorway.

Let's just hope NAT TURNER isn't back yet!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He has overly stressed his opinion already on both shoes!

^
can't wait for feb to see how it goes!

I'm also getting curious as to how these would
sell. they're pretty bold bringing in that many pairs.

I think maybe in a week the vibe would generally be
like "I have to at least try them on"

it should be crazy.
glasses.gif

cant wait for these too be on my feet. I agree Brons look better for casual jeans wear, kobes acool with shorts

Originally Posted by yungone350

so will we be able to start out ID on the 10th but not purchase it till the 26? can someone clarify

if you're a fan of the Nike ID facebook page, then you can start customizing on the 10th and purchase on the 26th

Originally Posted by DFABIX

On to the VI's....
since Mugen is the only one that I know of who has actually worn the VI's to play ball in (the shoes intended purpose)...
I'm curious how he feels now about the shoes?....

I thought the V's were pretty damn close to perfect and couldn't imagine how they could improve the performance of the shoe without compromising the quality or life of the shoe....

Looking forward to playing in a pair soon......

Life's short ....find humor in yourself and others....
happy.gif

My stance hasnt changed the more I play in them. The traction is the only problem I have with these. I'm sure people are tired of hearing my opinion of them and I'm hoping someone else who has them early can chime in with a court review. My only thought is maybe since I got an early release, these have the Asia XDR sole which has better traction for outdoor ball but indoor traction suffers? I dont know? Anyone know how to tell for sure and is the XDR sole in fact not good for indoor ball?

This is what I had posted earlier for anyone who missed it.

At this point I would say great shoe for ball but more so if you ARE NOT a slasher.

Here was my ealier comparison to the V's. They dont feel identical to the V's but they of course are very similar.

So far the major differences I can tell are:

1. Less vertical clearance in the toe box. It does appear to be wider but I think combined with the material on the upper your toes are definitely restricted. This adds to the overall "lockdown, one with the foot" feel that this shoe has. I can see the casual fan complaining about this though and probably going .5 size up. The material with the VI actually stretches out to contour to your foot. Amazing feeling on the upper.

2. Less padding around the ankle but there appears to be almost a memory foam type material around the heel. The shoe seems to feel better after the first day.

3. The heel counter feels very different from the V. The way it stretches to the middle of the shoe gives you a lockdown feel from the heel all the way to the back of your arch.

4. There is more cushion in the forefoot. These have a softer ride than the V and again; after wearing the VI's all day Saturday and then switching to the V's they felt "flat" in the forefoot. The back of the insole also wraps upward and hugs your heal.

5. The traction is my only complaint and I'm hoping this is resolved in some way. The traction seems to have gotten worse as the line has progressed from the IV>V> and now the VI. I must add that I never had or have had any traction issues with the V though. 

Can't wait 2 see pics of the dark knights!! But I'm really waiting on solid info for the grinches!!

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Originally Posted by DFABIX

On to the VI's....
since Mugen is the only one that I know of who has actually worn the VI's to play ball in (the shoes intended purpose)...
I'm curious how he feels now about the shoes?....

I thought the V's were pretty damn close to perfect and couldn't imagine how they could improve the performance of the shoe without compromising the quality or life of the shoe....

Looking forward to playing in a pair soon......

Life's short ....find humor in yourself and others....
happy.gif

My stance hasnt changed the more I play in them. The traction is the only problem I have with these. I'm sure people are tired of hearing my opinion of them and I'm hoping someone else who has them early can chime in with a court review. My only thought is maybe since I got an early release, these have the Asia XDR sole which has better traction for outdoor ball but indoor traction suffers? I dont know? Anyone know how to tell for sure and is the XDR sole in fact not good for indoor ball?
I'm not 
smile.gif

You cover pretty much every aspect of the shoes, you should start a ZKVI Review thread 

I remember some people saying that they checked at their local HOH's and were informed that the Grinches were on the manifest for them.

Do any of you have a release date? Anyone know someone at an HOH that could shed some light on this, it seems everyone wants to know when these will actually release.

Is there a typo on the first page for the chaos release date or are they really releasing this year?

hi!, by the way my kobe 4 is sz 12 and my kobe 5 is sz 11.5, so what do you think is my size on kobe 6?? tnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom