OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Forgive me if the following info has already been posted between page 1 and the last page, but  it's 3 in the morning here and I can't be bothered trawling through 20+ pages of impressions of a wear test and c/w wishes/requests. 
Anyway, here's a little scoop on what's going down tech wise for the VII, which you may all find very surprising...
There will in fact be 2 different Kobe VIIs! 

There will be a standard version and a "supreme" version which will be similar in tech to the AJ2011 i.e. interchangeable sole units including one featuring Lunar Foam. 

Add to this fact that you will be able to change the shoe from a mid to a low cut! 

The bad news?

The US retail will be around the $170 mark!

Once again apologies if someone has already revealed this info... 
smokin.gif

lunar foam? smh.. that failed 2 years ago why are they gonna try to bring it back? 

i wonder which one kobe will wear. the mid or the low 
nerd.gif

Forgive me if the following info has already been posted between page 1 and the last page, but  it's 3 in the morning here and I can't be bothered trawling through 20+ pages of impressions of a wear test and c/w wishes/requests. 
Anyway, here's a little scoop on what's going down tech wise for the VII, which you may all find very surprising...

There will be a standard version and a "supreme" version which will be similar in tech to the AJ2011 i.e. interchangeable sole units including one featuring Lunar Foam. 

Add to this fact that you will be able to change the shoe from a mid to a low cut! 

The bad news?

smokin.gif

lunar foam? smh.. that failed 2 years ago why are they gonna try to bring it back? 

i wonder which one kobe will wear. the mid or the low 
nerd.gif

Dang. So removable insoles (which are the entire basis of cushioning out of cheaper models) are being introduced as cool new INNOVATIVE "removable" "choose your cushioning" HYPE and instead of a price decrease, there's a price INCREASE? Some products like even the lebron IVs had zoom air in the insoles. That didnt cause a price increase. If anything, it kept the price the same.

I guess logic was thrown out with the AJ 2011, and sales were so great that they are introducing the same thing to Kobe's line.

I can see the crap they are pulling but I guess others don't care?

Removable zoom air can be bought online for $20 and added to any shoe, or taken from other models. This choose your ride stuff gets people all excited but its making shoes more expensive only for the consumer (not to actually produce)/ Nike is DOUBLE winning on this one.

Dang. So removable insoles (which are the entire basis of cushioning out of cheaper models) are being introduced as cool new INNOVATIVE "removable" "choose your cushioning" HYPE and instead of a price decrease, there's a price INCREASE? Some products like even the lebron IVs had zoom air in the insoles. That didnt cause a price increase. If anything, it kept the price the same.

I guess logic was thrown out with the AJ 2011, and sales were so great that they are introducing the same thing to Kobe's line.

I can see the crap they are pulling but I guess others don't care?

Removable zoom air can be bought online for $20 and added to any shoe, or taken from other models. This choose your ride stuff gets people all excited but its making shoes more expensive only for the consumer (not to actually produce)/ Nike is DOUBLE winning on this one.

Originally Posted by al3x89

The bad news?

smokin.gif

ya i heard about this.
Where? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

The bad news?

smokin.gif

ya i heard about this.
Where? 
nerd.gif

$40 increase? 
mad.gif

Nike is really pushing this "removable insole" gimmick that was introduced with the AJ 2011. I'm guessing we'll be seeing it in other upcoming shoes.

I don't think I'll be getting more of this shoe if they'll proceed with the price hike.

$40 increase? 
mad.gif

Nike is really pushing this "removable insole" gimmick that was introduced with the AJ 2011. I'm guessing we'll be seeing it in other upcoming shoes.

I don't think I'll be getting more of this shoe if they'll proceed with the price hike.

I think we're ignoring the fact that "23RAKIM45" said there would be two versions of the shoe. One supreme, one standard. I presume the standard version will still retail for about $130 and the supreme for $170. That last one would be the one with all the gimicks. I also think the shoe will just include an internal ankle brace that is also removable (like we saw in some prototype a few pages back) thus choosing between a low cut shoe and more support.

I think we're ignoring the fact that "23RAKIM45" said there would be two versions of the shoe. One supreme, one standard. I presume the standard version will still retail for about $130 and the supreme for $170. That last one would be the one with all the gimicks. I also think the shoe will just include an internal ankle brace that is also removable (like we saw in some prototype a few pages back) thus choosing between a low cut shoe and more support.

so I'll stock up on the 6s for ball...since I dont find the lockdown a problem and continue to hunt down some 4s for my rotation as well...Cause nike is pushing me off the cliff

so I'll stock up on the 6s for ball...since I dont find the lockdown a problem and continue to hunt down some 4s for my rotation as well...Cause nike is pushing me off the cliff

170$! One pair standard and one supreme and i'm done. I hope we get to see all the colors so I can choose wisely.
30t6p3b.gif

170$! One pair standard and one supreme and i'm done. I hope we get to see all the colors so I can choose wisely.
30t6p3b.gif

He said $170 for the supreme version though....Kinda like the supreme versions of the VI's are $150 instead of $130.

So I'm guessing retail for the regular pairs will be $140...?

He said $170 for the supreme version though....Kinda like the supreme versions of the VI's are $150 instead of $130.

So I'm guessing retail for the regular pairs will be $140...?

For those speaking on the 7's they are definitely a awesome shoe. On the court and casual wear.

Back
Top Bottom