OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

I kinda agree about bringing back some basic colorways, but at the same time I thought the VIs were a nice change.
I just didn't like how some were tough to get and that no true Lakers colorways dropped.

maybe the VIIs will balance out the subtle and loud colorways. I'm really looking forward to these!!

nwt- agreed, the shoe just looks mean already

I kinda agree about bringing back some basic colorways, but at the same time I thought the VIs were a nice change.
I just didn't like how some were tough to get and that no true Lakers colorways dropped.

maybe the VIIs will balance out the subtle and loud colorways. I'm really looking forward to these!!

nwt- agreed, the shoe just looks mean already

^ I feel you on that. Funny thing is that I felt the zk6 limited cw's were easier to get than some of the real limited 4's and 5's. Probably because more of the zk6's were produced I guess.

^ I feel you on that. Funny thing is that I felt the zk6 limited cw's were easier to get than some of the real limited 4's and 5's. Probably because more of the zk6's were produced I guess.

man this is the first kobe that i see true potential in before they release all the dope color ways

i really hope i'm not jinxing it and it's just that my sneaker analyization has just improved lol

man this is the first kobe that i see true potential in before they release all the dope color ways

i really hope i'm not jinxing it and it's just that my sneaker analyization has just improved lol

I agree with you guys about hoping that the VIIs go back to some more basic/subtle colorways. I will say though, that I think at least with the VIs, they kinda had to go all out with the colorways to really do the snake theme justice. The VIs weren't really going to be a subtle shoe anyway cuz of the scales even if it had more understated colors, and I think it was only kinda right for them to go far with the colors to take advantage of the fact that the shoes are pretty loud and going for a snake look. Just my 2 cents though.

I agree with you guys about hoping that the VIIs go back to some more basic/subtle colorways. I will say though, that I think at least with the VIs, they kinda had to go all out with the colorways to really do the snake theme justice. The VIs weren't really going to be a subtle shoe anyway cuz of the scales even if it had more understated colors, and I think it was only kinda right for them to go far with the colors to take advantage of the fact that the shoes are pretty loud and going for a snake look. Just my 2 cents though.

^ I see your point Wayne but I think it was a matter of them only going hard with gimmick cw's. They could have dropped a nasty laker cw and didn't. Its almost like they reverted back the zk1's with no true laker cw. lol

^ I see your point Wayne but I think it was a matter of them only going hard with gimmick cw's. They could have dropped a nasty laker cw and didn't. Its almost like they reverted back the zk1's with no true laker cw. lol

been away from niketalk abit but checked out these prototype VII's - first impression - wow thus far.... can't wait to see what gets added / subtracted to the final production...
read somewhere it seems like inspiration was taking from a lambo and perhaps the shredder mask... 

just my two cents - think maybe Kobe and Avar are using the whole shozoku logo as its muse... to me the upper kind of represents a samurai's armor married with a futuristic midsole (hence the lambo inspiration)- blending the past and the future to the present? 

this little box was my poor attempt to load a pic of a samurai's armor - my apologies....here's the link non the less....

http://farm2.static.flick...4240066_c0be6c1f44_o.jpg

been away from niketalk abit but checked out these prototype VII's - first impression - wow thus far.... can't wait to see what gets added / subtracted to the final production...
read somewhere it seems like inspiration was taking from a lambo and perhaps the shredder mask... 

just my two cents - think maybe Kobe and Avar are using the whole shozoku logo as its muse... to me the upper kind of represents a samurai's armor married with a futuristic midsole (hence the lambo inspiration)- blending the past and the future to the present? 

this little box was my poor attempt to load a pic of a samurai's armor - my apologies....here's the link non the less....

http://farm2.static.flick...4240066_c0be6c1f44_o.jpg

^^^good observation with the shozoku logo. the heel cup design does remind me of a samurai warrior's mask.

^^^good observation with the shozoku logo. the heel cup design does remind me of a samurai warrior's mask.

Everyone complained about the 5s colorways... Talkin about how the 4s were so much better in color selections, etc... but look at em now... Ppl admiring the aways, BLs, DKs, chaos, & others... Now it's how the 6s aren't the 5s in terms of colorways...
laugh.gif
y'all crack me up.

By this time around ppl gonna be cryin and bishin like "I wish they made a China or a Grinch colorway" whaaa whaaaa... SMGDH.

Just iD a godamn shoe already
laugh.gif

Everyone complained about the 5s colorways... Talkin about how the 4s were so much better in color selections, etc... but look at em now... Ppl admiring the aways, BLs, DKs, chaos, & others... Now it's how the 6s aren't the 5s in terms of colorways...
laugh.gif
y'all crack me up.

By this time around ppl gonna be cryin and bishin like "I wish they made a China or a Grinch colorway" whaaa whaaaa... SMGDH.

Just iD a godamn shoe already
laugh.gif

Looks SICK so far.. Did they remind anyone of the Pippen IV's?? (In the first few pic's with those vertical 'nylon' lines)
wink.gif

EDIT: Oops, already mentioned in thread, what I get for not reading through it LOL
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom