Official NLCS San Francisco Giants vs. Philadelphia Phillies Thread (4-2) Giants Win NL Pennant

img02171.gif

man i think the phillies win in 6. better bats.

even though zito sucks %## i would let him go this round. his experience couldnt hurt.

man i think the phillies win in 6. better bats.

even though zito sucks %## i would let him go this round. his experience couldnt hurt.

Lincecum v. Halladay
Cain v. Oswalt

Sanchez v. Hamels

Bumgarner v. Blanton

pimp.gif

Phillies are definitely the favorite but the Giants have a chance if they can scratch across some runs.  With that being said...

Giants in 6

Lincecum v. Halladay
Cain v. Oswalt

Sanchez v. Hamels

Bumgarner v. Blanton

pimp.gif

Phillies are definitely the favorite but the Giants have a chance if they can scratch across some runs.  With that being said...

Giants in 6

this time philly beats up on the nor cal team in the nlcs.

the giants don't have that fat slug jonathan broxton closing games for them and they have good pitching so they have a chance to win this series but i'm going philly in 6 but if they can beat halladay on saturday then i'm switching my pick to giants in 6.

this time philly beats up on the nor cal team in the nlcs.

the giants don't have that fat slug jonathan broxton closing games for them and they have good pitching so they have a chance to win this series but i'm going philly in 6 but if they can beat halladay on saturday then i'm switching my pick to giants in 6.

I definitely would go with...

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Bumgarner (depending if we have our backs against the wall or not)

Sanchez would fair better in Philly because he is a strike out pitcher and that should fair well in a hitter's park. Cain should do better at home. That's just how I feel. Hopefully Bochy feels the same way.

I definitely would go with...

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Bumgarner (depending if we have our backs against the wall or not)

Sanchez would fair better in Philly because he is a strike out pitcher and that should fair well in a hitter's park. Cain should do better at home. That's just how I feel. Hopefully Bochy feels the same way.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

SMH at not knowing Jonathan Sanchez.
I know about Jonathan Sanchez
laugh.gif
... he's losing to Cole Hamels.
You're my dude and all, but c'mon, you're just talking reckless now. You're making it seem like it's Cole Hamels vs Charlie Haeger out there.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
You're my dude and all, but c'mon, you're just talking reckless now. You're making it seem like it's Cole Hamels vs Charlie Haeger out there.
30t6p3b.gif

SF NEEDS to take one in Philadelphia to send it back to the bay 1-1. Said it in the NLDS thread but that park neutralizes left handed power and that'll be a big factor for SF to try and take the games at home. I'm going out on a limb and saying Giants in 7.

SF NEEDS to take one in Philadelphia to send it back to the bay 1-1. Said it in the NLDS thread but that park neutralizes left handed power and that'll be a big factor for SF to try and take the games at home. I'm going out on a limb and saying Giants in 7.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Its funny that you and other people have this opinion.  Its funny how people can flip flop opinions based on nothing more than hate.  When Barry Bonds played at AT&T, people kept trying to downplay his greatness by saying how easy it was for lefties to hit homeruns there.  Now that hes gone, people think that the park neutralizes lefties power.  Im not saying YOU did this Pro, but a ton of people have.  Its just funny to me.  
BTW, completely agree with your post.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Its funny that you and other people have this opinion.  Its funny how people can flip flop opinions based on nothing more than hate.  When Barry Bonds played at AT&T, people kept trying to downplay his greatness by saying how easy it was for lefties to hit homeruns there.  Now that hes gone, people think that the park neutralizes lefties power.  Im not saying YOU did this Pro, but a ton of people have.  Its just funny to me.  
BTW, completely agree with your post.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Should be a great series

Of course, I look forward to the only other team I dislike more than the Giants prevailing, but I wouldn't complain if there was some sort of never before seen tie occur
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Should be a great series

Of course, I look forward to the only other team I dislike more than the Giants prevailing, but I wouldn't complain if there was some sort of never before seen tie occur
laugh.gif

I think that's more of a testament to how great of a power hitter Bonds' was more than anything. Look at some of the powerful left handed bats to play in that division over the years that haven't done anything in that park. Helton, Shawn Green, Luis & Adrian Gonzalez just to name a few.

Not going to send this thread in a different direction but that's still the most complete baseball player that I've seen in my time.

Back
Top Bottom