Official NLCS San Francisco Giants vs. Philadelphia Phillies Thread (4-2) Giants Win NL Pennant

I think that's more of a testament to how great of a power hitter Bonds' was more than anything. Look at some of the powerful left handed bats to play in that division over the years that haven't done anything in that park. Helton, Shawn Green, Luis & Adrian Gonzalez just to name a few.

Not going to send this thread in a different direction but that's still the most complete baseball player that I've seen in my time.

phillies-fans-o.gif

def tryin to be there!

This is going to be a great series. Highly dissapointed FOX decided to have a DAY GAME for game 3. Wth. It's the NLCS you idiots.

This is going to be a great series. Highly dissapointed FOX decided to have a DAY GAME for game 3. Wth. It's the NLCS you idiots.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Proshares

SF NEEDS to take one in Philadelphia to send it back to the bay 1-1. Said it in the NLDS thread but that park neutralizes left handed power and that'll be a big factor for SF to try and take the games at home. I'm going out on a limb and saying Giants in 7.

Its funny that you and other people have this opinion.  Its funny how people can flip flop opinions based on nothing more than hate.  When Barry Bonds played at AT&T, people kept trying to downplay his greatness by saying how easy it was for lefties to hit homeruns there.  Now that hes gone, people think that the park neutralizes lefties power.  Im not saying YOU did this Pro, but a ton of people have.  Its just funny to me.  
BTW, completely agree with your post.
Im assuming it's East Coast folks.

I don't think NL West folks would say AT&T Park neutarlizes lefty power
laugh.gif

I have to root for the lesser of two evils here...and I'm not even rooting
laugh.gif

Phillies in 6.

SF NEEDS to take one in Philadelphia to send it back to the bay 1-1. Said it in the NLDS thread but that park neutralizes left handed power and that'll be a big factor for SF to try and take the games at home. I'm going out on a limb and saying Giants in 7.

Its funny that you and other people have this opinion.  Its funny how people can flip flop opinions based on nothing more than hate.  When Barry Bonds played at AT&T, people kept trying to downplay his greatness by saying how easy it was for lefties to hit homeruns there.  Now that hes gone, people think that the park neutralizes lefties power.  Im not saying YOU did this Pro, but a ton of people have.  Its just funny to me.  

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Phillies in 6.

laugh.gif
we could re-live the very first interleague game ever played with a Giants Rangers world series.

laugh.gif
we could re-live the very first interleague game ever played with a Giants Rangers world series.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Phillies in 6.

I definitely would.  RCF is extremely difficult to hit out out, and the RF fence is super high.  Doesnt matter if it is short down the RF line.  You have NO IDEA how many lasers Bonds hit off of the fence that would have gone at least another 50-75 in the air.  Ask Aubrey Huff about his first season here.  Ask him how many additional HRs he would have if he played somewhere else.  
There is no doubt in my mind that At&t Park's dimensions keep more balls in that should be out than go out that normally would stay in.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Phillies in 6.

I definitely would.  RCF is extremely difficult to hit out out, and the RF fence is super high.  Doesnt matter if it is short down the RF line.  You have NO IDEA how many lasers Bonds hit off of the fence that would have gone at least another 50-75 in the air.  Ask Aubrey Huff about his first season here.  Ask him how many additional HRs he would have if he played somewhere else.  
There is no doubt in my mind that At&t Park's dimensions keep more balls in that should be out than go out that normally would stay in.

Back
Top Bottom