Official NLCS St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants Series Thread (4-3 SF) SF Advance to Worl

What a performance by Zito, everything just went well for them. Hope this carries over to the following games.

Had a feelin Giants would take this one when Zito got out of trouble in the first couple innings. That Bunt had my whole family off the couch tho :smokin

barry zito.. boy have i doubted you, but you are the man.. that was a freakin gem he threw tonight.. i really think they are going to resign him to a incentive laden contract

Hope they don't. Best for both sides.

Why did Huff make the post season roster?? Seriously????

Great start tonight by Zito though he could go 6 didn't see 7 2/3 scoreless coming.

One game at a time hopefully we can score a few runs early.

Brandon Belt :smh:

It's time for the comeback player of the year to make his mark on the series.

Had a feelin Giants would take this one when Zito got out of trouble in the first couple innings. That Bunt had my whole family off the couch tho
smokin.gif
hell yea we were cheering in the scoring play before but that bunt was hella unexpected, and we were all screaming. even my dog flipped out hahahaha

hell of a game tonight. Barry Zito>>>>. ima remember this game like when affeldt and the boys came thru in the clutch last year when sanchez lost his sht in philly. 

Do you guys Honestly think you can come back being down 3-1 against the Cards? srs question? Our offense is just to much. 56 total runs so far this postseason alone for the Cardinals. We been consistent this whole post season. You guys keep saying it yourself, the bats are just not coming through for you guys. I really dont see the Cards dropping 3 in a row the way they been playing, and i dont see the Giants winning 3 in a row the way they been playing.
ive had time to think things through and come up with an unbiased answer. STL has a much better offense than Cincinnati, they were better during the regular season, during and after the NLDS. But, other than 2 outbursts against our 2 worst starters the STL offense has been silent. For the series now the Cards have 18 runs, the Giants have 20.

In Game 2 Carpenter got knocked around, he's starting Game 6.
In Game 3 Lohse walked 5 and allowed 7 hits, he's slated to start Game 7.

Like I said before, I don't see how the Giants can overcome St. Louis so I'm not expecting it, but this team seems to hang on to the knot at the end of the rope and just holds on.

Incredible game by Zito, an absolutely virtuoso performance :smokin

ive had time to think things through and come up with an unbiased answer. STL has a much better offense than Cincinnati, they were better during the regular season, during and after the NLDS. But, other than 2 outbursts against our 2 worst starters the STL offense has been silent. For the series now the Cards have 18 runs, the Giants have 20.
In Game 2 Carpenter got knocked around, he's starting Game 6.
In Game 3 Lohse walked 5 and allowed 7 hits, he's slated to start Game 7.
Like I said before, I don't see how the Giants can overcome St. Louis so I'm not expecting it, but this team seems to hang on to the knot at the end of the rope and just holds on.
Incredible game by Zito, an absolutely virtuoso performance :smokin

good answer

Who else do you want? Who else to we have?
Justin Christian
Emmanuel Burriss
Brad Penny

Someone with speed or pop. Pill for strictly Ph would be fine or Peguero for running. I was wondering about Penny but that would have been a decison over Mota.

Burris / Christian were sent off and released so no.

Lil Wayne WEEZY F @LilTunechi Props to my homie Ryan Theriot and the Giants!! 2 mo! Great game Zito!

The hell? :lol:

I dont feel good about this at all...........But we won game 6 in Milwuakee last year by a pretty nice margin........hopefully they get the offense going this time around and Carpenter can put in a game 5 vs. the phillies type performance...........we are gonna need it!!!!!!!

Lil Wayne WEEZY F @LilTunechi Props to my homie Ryan Theriot and the Giants!! 2 mo! Great game Zito!

The hell?
laugh.gif
TheRIOT was waearing a TrukFit (?) Hoody with Vogey during their press conference after game 2.

Anyways...... #ZITO DA GAWD #BIG GAME ZITO #RALLYZITO

Masterful, MASTERFUL Performance. Real happy for Zito, man....

nthat.gif

Last edited:
Game day. Let's see if the bats wake up at home and which Chris Carpenter shows up. He's a big game pitcher and has done this before. It'll be interesting to see how Vogelsong attacks the Cardinals this time. I'm sure the Cardinals are going to make adjustments and will be better prepared. Vogelsong needs to show them something new.

The key to beating the Cardinals is not being down when you face their bullpen. All hands on deck tonight.

Back
Top Bottom