Official NLDS Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (3-1 SF) Giants Advance (TBS)

What fan base would take a loss like this well?

If you tried really hard, can you not sound like a pompous, arrogant #!*# in your posts?

This was a great game glad the Braves stole one game.

Game 3 Hudson better be on his game as well as the offense. Sad thing for Wagner getting hurt.

I hope Braves fans show up at Turner Field with their tomahawks I love the chant with a packed house.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by MzD650

Originally Posted by chris82790

Unbelievable! %+@ Bochy?
indifferent.gif

Yea cause its Bochy's fault we didn't score a run after the second inning.
It is +**@#!% Bochy's fault.  Bringing in his closer with runners on and asking him to get 6 outs when he has NEVER done that in his entire career.  
And if Bochy takes out Timmy last night Wilson comes in and gives up the lead yea thats Bochy's fault to.
Wilson one of the best closers out there. It's his job to close games, if that means coming in early in the 8th so be it.

Lincecum was dominating, so yes if Bochy takes him out only for the pen to blow the game it was the wrong decision by Bochy.

Just like tonight when Bochy asked his closer who statistically over his career does not fare well in outings longer than 1 inning to finish the game.  He should have used his relief much, much better. 

Now log the #$@* off and stop embarassing yourself.

So, should Boch have pulled Timmy last night?  Is he gonna put Timmy out there in Game 4 on 3-days rest after throwing 119 pitches?  Timmy ain't no C.C.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Burrell's the Giant's savior now? 
laugh.gif
In a way he actually has. He's come up big in a number of situations with the bat especially in the later innings. 6 of his 18 homeruns with the Giants have been go-ahead homeruns. Also with Huff not having outstanding months of September, who has carried the team throughout the whole season, Burrell carried the team with 15 RBIs in September and the 3 games in October vs. San Diego.

Originally Posted by What up

What fan base would take a loss like this well?

If you tried really hard, can you not sound like a pompous, arrogant #!*# in your posts?
Take your own advice.

This was unnecessary:

Look at this POS coming out of the woodwork.  Had nothing to say Game 1? 

grin.gif

It's why I don't post in the Giant season thread even when we play you guys.  The only guy who could have a decent back and forth and not get bent is dland and dfresh (Bruce Waynee).

There was nothing to say after Game 1.  Didn't want to piss on the victory parade with the obvious.  Timmy pitched a helluva game, the offense wasn't clicking at all though.  The Giants also got the benefit of arguably the worst call this postseason which led to the winning and only run of the game.

Losses are tough, blowing game 4 of the NLCS two consecutive years> losing game 2 to of the NLDS.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Typical "What Up" douche bag answer, you want a safe haven go back to your season thread.

Stayed away for Game 1, didn't want to piss on the victory parade.  Timmy pitched a helluva game, doesn't change the fact that the Giants got the benefit of one of the worst calls this postseason.  Otherwise, Giants probably would've lost in extra innings in Game 1 as well.  The offense wasn't clicking. 
Safe haven from what? Trolls? 

Didn't want piss on the victory parade but now you came to point out the losing fans are upset?  Tremendous insight, genius.

P.S. I repond to douches like douches deserve to be responded to.

So now, I'm a troll
roll.gif

I called you out for your response towards another Dodger fan who simply posted "
pimp.gif
".

Your mad, go to bed, sleep it off.  Go grab a drink, get hammered, forget about the loss.  Series is tied, gain some perspective.

You always act like a female, all catty and +@#%.

Unbelievable! %+@ Bochy?
indifferent.gif

It is +**@#!% Bochy's fault.  Bringing in his closer with runners on and asking him to get 6 outs when he has NEVER done that in his entire career.  
And if Bochy takes out Timmy last night Wilson comes in and gives up the lead yea thats Bochy's fault to.
Wilson one of the best closers out there. It's his job to close games, if that means coming in early in the 8th so be it.
Totally different situation with Lincecum, he was dominating so there was no reason to bring Wilson in and Tim was not showing signs of fatigue so it was Lincecum's game to lose. Here a 6 out save? Wilson is a stud but asking him to go beyond anything he has done in the playoffs does not make sense to me. There were some other factors as well that did not help, Pablo's error, but still I would of gone to other arms before going straight to Wilson.

Unbelievable! %+@ Bochy?
indifferent.gif

Totally different situation with Lincecum, he was dominating so there was no reason to bring Wilson in and Tim was not showing signs of fatigue so it was Lincecum's game to lose. Here a 6 out save? Wilson is a stud but asking him to go beyond anything he has done in the playoffs does not make sense to me. There were some other factors as well that did not help, Pablo's error, but still I would of gone to other arms before going straight to Wilson.
I see what your saying I think Bochy brought Wilson out not because of panic or desperation but more because he wanted some sense of urgency. Ten of his saves this year were of 4 or more outs so its not like it was total unfamiliar territory. I wish Wilson would have started the 8th to begin with to get the 6 out save.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
@ Dodgers fans talking

Really though, what was said?

Aside from What Up lashing out in typical fashion, nothing was said.

From nothing to something IMHO.

Great game, listened to the late innings on the radio in the whip. Totally caught me off guard though.

It's a tough loss but I still like the Giants chances. Winning one on the road will not be easy but the Giants have resilient for the latter part of the season. Bochy better start Uribe on third base and Renteria at shortstop because Pablo has just been dismal defensively and offensively.

Give some credit where credit is due the Braves lead all of baseball in come form behind wins in the 7th or Later.
We didn't score after the 2nd 

We failed with RISP

Braves bullpen was GREAT (Craig Kimbrel
sick.gif
)

Giants tortue it should have been a given it was going to be a split

Bad loss today. When we went up 4-0, I thought there was no chance in hell that the Braves could come back. As soon as I saw Brian Wilson coming in to get 6 outs, I knew we were in trouble. Said to my brother that this might not end well.
frown.gif

There is fault to be thrown all over the place tonight. Bochy for a very questionable decision to try to have our closer get 6 outs. Especially because he hasnt been asked to do that all year. Pablo......wow. You really suck. I was your biggest fan last year too. Buster
30t6p3b.gif
. You had your chance to cement your name in Giants history as a rookie, and you blew it. Been rolling over too much recently. Sit back and do what you are good at.

Hope we can squeeze one out in ATL. Hudson is like Lowe. Cant imagine we will score much off of him. Need to take advantage when given the opportunities. Oh well. It was a fun game tonight. Wish we could have held on.

So now, I'm a troll
roll.gif

I called you out for your response towards another Dodger fan who simply posted "
pimp.gif
".

Your mad, go to bed, sleep it off.  Go grab a drink, get hammered, forget about the loss.  Series is tied, gain some perspective.

You always act like a female, all catty and +@#%.

Its the playoffs, let dude vent.

Series isn't over, but man...that game was ours. It would be nice heading down to the ATL with a 2-0 lead...

This game hurts bad...especially after Lincecum's start.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

On to ATL....lets finish em off there and party in Magic City!

good job once again you miserable assclown.
I expected this #$*+% $%% @@@%+ ...

My magical powers coming out again it seems.

But seriously, that game was ours

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Series isn't over, but man...that game was ours. It would be nice heading down to the ATL with a 2-0 lead...

This game hurts bad...especially after Lincecum's start I started flapping my gums.

Can you not?! Can you not be sure? We were bound to be up 2-0. Sure the Braves are a great comeback squad, but our 4 run advantage seemed good enough...especially recently with the pitching we've been seeing...and add the fact that the Braves weren't hitting well at all in this series so far. That game had win written all over it, even when we lost the lead we STILL had a golden opportunity to win the game.

Cain and Pat put us in the best situation possible for the bullpen to finish off, but guess not.

Back
Top Bottom