Official NLDS Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (3-1 SF) Giants Advance (TBS)

Bob Brenly sounds like a scorned wife when it has to do with the Giants. I dislike this guy's "commentary."

Lincecum...good god.  Making quick work out of our lineup
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by chris82790

Freddy Sanchez swinging at garbage his first two at bats and not working the count
30t6p3b.gif
Torres was running on that play. I believe it was a hit and run.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by chris82790

Freddy Sanchez swinging at garbage his first two at bats and not working the count
30t6p3b.gif
Torres was running on that play. I believe it was a hit and run.
True forgot about that

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

why not walk Ross to get Tim instead?

sorry for noob question, but i don't get it...

and he just struck out Tim
They just pitched around Pablo so they had to attack Ross. I don't anybody who pitches around TWO guys to get to one hitter.

If it were me, I would have pitched Pablo carefully. Pablo expands the zone like no other so let him get himself out. If you walk him, then you live with it. You have Ross who you can now then walk to get to Timmy. The difference is that you try to get Pablo out. Not just give it to him for free.

They just pitched around Pablo so they had to attack Ross. I don't know if you pitch around TWO guys to get to the pitcher.

If it were me, I would have pitched Pablo carefully. Pablo expands the zone like no other so let him get himself out. If you walk him, then live with it. You have Ross who you can now then walk to get to Timmy.
I agree

yet i'd rather pitch to Lincecum with bases loaded and 2 outs...than Ross....and that run they just gave up might end up losing them the game

That is twice now Freddy looking like he does not have a plan to work the count. Flailing at outside breaking balls.

They just pitched around Pablo so they had to attack Ross. I don't know if you pitch around TWO guys to get to the pitcher.

If it were me, I would have pitched Pablo carefully. Pablo expands the zone like no other so let him get himself out. If you walk him, then live with it. You have Ross who you can now then walk to get to Timmy.
I agree

yet i'd rather pitch to Lincecum with bases loaded and 2 outs...than Ross....and that run they just gave up might end up losing them the game
I just don't agree with Bobby's decision to just intentionally walk Pablo. To me, it changes how they approached those hitters.

this might be the worst defensive performance i've ever seen in a playoff game

Back
Top Bottom