Official NLDS San Francisco Giants vs. Cincinnati Reds Series Thread (3-2 SF) SF Advances to NLCS

I forgot about the Vogelsong incident. :rofl: He threw his bat down like he wanted to do something, waved Bronson on and Bronson casually walked right up to him and met him at the plate.

I didn't get any tickets for the divisional or championship series. I'm hoping my work can come through in the clutch.

laugh.gif
at the dodger fan. 250 million $ later and their spectators just like us
What the hell does the Dodgers have to do with this thread?

Everything you need to know for this series.

Season splits
Best road ERA this season (minimum 100 innings)
1. Homer Bailey, 2.32
2. Johnny Cueto, 2.77
Best home ERA this season (minimum 100 innings)
2. Matt Cain 2.03
5. Madison Bumgarner 2.38

Home/Road ERA in 2012
Reds
Cueto: 2.80/2.77
Latos: 3.18/3.93
Arroyo: 3.98/3.57
Bailey: 5.16/2.32
Leake: 3.65/5.54

Giants
Cain: 2.03/3.56
Bumgarner: 2.38/4.40
Lincecum: 4.15/6.43
Zito: 4.00/4.34
Vogelsong: 2.86/3.87

ERA/starts vs Giants:
ERA/Starts
vs Giants 2012 Career '12 AT&T Career AT&T
Cueto 3.00 (1) 1.93 (4) 3.00 (1) 1.38 (2)
Latos 0.56 (2) 2.19 (11)1.00 (1) 1.67 (6)
Bailey 2.84 (1) 5.59 (5) DNP 5.82 (3)
Arroyo 2.45 (2) 3.13 (12) 3.00 (1) 4.16 (6)
Leake 1.00 (1) 4.18 (4) 1.00 (1) 3.63 (2)

Notes: Season series
Reds won 4-3, outscoring Giants 28-21
Votto injured knee in SF June 29
Bruce dropped fly ball to lose July 1 game
Madison Bumgarner 1-hit Reds
Mike Leake tossed complete game to outduel Matt Cain
Mat Latos beat Giants twice, beating Cain and Zito
Sean Marshall blew 9th inning lead in April as Reds went for sweep at GABP.

Reds hitters vs Giants http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/batting/_/name/cin/split/26/cincinnati-reds
Reds pitchers vs Giants http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/cin/split/26/cincinnati-reds
Giants hitters vs Reds http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/batting/_/name/sf/split/17/san-francisco-giants
Giants Pitchers vs. Reds http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/sf/split/17/san-francisco-giants

I would have went with Latos starting the series followed by Bronson and then Cueto for game 3.

And I don't have tickets but I see 333 seat does but :x at the prices. Not extremely high but I just go tickets for the UC v Miami game, Dolphins and Steelers game. I'm still holding out hope though :nerd:

You tailgating or going anywhere prior to the Miami game? I didn't get tickets but might still go down and hang out in Clifton. I agree with going Latos second but Dusty loves going back and forth with styles. I say Reds in 4

Damn. Looks like I have to find a way to leave early from work on Tuesday.

Some concerns for me: This team may have piqued too soon.

Pagan is cooling off big time. He has been hot and cold all year.

Same could be said about the Pablo Sandoval.

Can Cain continue to come through in big games? 0 career earned runs in the playoffs.

Scutaro's lack of range at second and his defense has been suspect at times.

Pagan in center and Pence in right. These guys take the worse route on balls, and at times, fail to communicate with each other on flyballs.

Bumgarner has shown signs of fatigue and his stuff has not been the same.

Keys to winning this series for the Giants.

Pagan and Pablo Sandoval having a big series. Pence hitting a few bombs and taking the first two games at home.

The team has played well on the road, so taking two-of-three at GABP is possible, but a rough mountain to climb.

Prediction:

Giants win game one and never win another game. Reds in 4

All the Reds' starting pitchers are right-handed and the Giants are not as good against them. I think the Giants will struggle to score runs in this series and the Reds' bullpen will be too much.

Last edited:
Some concerns for me: This team may have piqued too soon.

Maybe but at the same time you can say that too with the reds since they weren't scoring a lot in september.
Pagan is cooling off big time. He has been hot and cold all year.
Same could be said about the Pablo Sandoval.
we've seen what panda can do, im not really worried about him. its the bottom of the line up that worries me, the arias, the two brandons and heck i wanna see the bench getting clutch hits which they havent all season
Can Cain continue to come through in big games? 0 career earned runs in the playoffs.
cain is gonna be cain. not worried about that at all. to be honest its lincecum could be the deal breaker for this series. if he comes through like we all know he could then its a wrap.
Scutaro's lack of range at second and his defense has been suspect at times.
sad to say but he is there because of the bat
Pagan in center and Pence in right. These guys take the worse route on balls, and at times, fail to communicate with each other on flyballs.
they played in one of the worst park i think for outfielder the whole and half of the year and they were fine. was pagan a lock in the outfield heck no but he did better than everyone thought. that triples alley is no joke
Bumgarner has shown signs of fatigue and his stuff has not been the same.
same thing with cain. dude is a bulldog and he is clutch when the lights are brighter
Keys to winning this series for the Giants.
Pagan and Pablo Sandoval having a big series. Pence hitting a few bombs and taking the first two games at home.
agree. but like i said its the bottom of the line up that needs to pick it up
The team has played well on the road, so taking two-of-three at GABP is possible, but a rough mountain to climb.
Prediction:
Giants win game one and never win another game. Reds in 4
as i type this MLB RUNDOWN has the giants winning it all against detroit. so you might be right but i think it'll be closer than anyone thinks. theyd get past this series in 4 and depends if atlanta wins they're wildcard and beat the Nats will be depending if they go to the ship
All the Reds' starting pitchers are right-handed and the Giants are not as good against them. I think the Giants will struggle to score runs in this series and the Reds' bullpen will be too much.
scoring wasnt really the problem this whole year with the giants though. its the starting pitching in the second half was the biggest question mark. but we saw what this pitching staff can do during the 2010 WS run, they faced the top hitting teams and the top pitching teams to win it all and they came through. lets hope they do

You tailgating or going anywhere prior to the Miami game? I didn't get tickets but might still go down and hang out in Clifton. I agree with going Latos second but Dusty loves going back and forth with styles. I say Reds in 4

Probably not seeing as my girl doesn't get off until 5 or 6 and I have some running around to do. I'll see though.

I'm hoping Reds in 3-4. I'm still not sure what to expect.

Man, I don't even hate the Giants... actually like several of their players.

But they can all eat **** starting today.

Game 3 in a 7 game series is when it starts to get chippy. We haven't even played one and its already starting :lol:

F you, too, Reds

On one hand I'd love to see the Giants send the Reds home packing, but I'd much more enjoy the Cardinals having the oppurtunity to do it themselves.

I'm feeling pretty good about this game. Locked the Gmen in at -118. No homer.

I wish I could go to this game. :frown:

Hopefully next series.

Last edited:
Reds lineup vs. Giants

Phillips 4
Cozart 6
Votto 3
Ludwick 7
Bruce 9
Rolen 5
Hanigan 2
Stubbs 8