official Notorious movie thread 1/16/2009- BROOKLYN YALL DID IT! STAND UP!

Originally Posted by Datnggag

Originally Posted by nelly28

running out of movie ideas now
laugh.gif
this will be a flop

The more appropriate stone face

biggie.jpg

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
nah but forreal if roger and ebert gave it a good review thats all that mattersimo its gonna be great

i was just by the theater earlier and it was packed, suprised for a school day. I might go tonight or monday.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Man..My movie theater i normally go to isnt showing it..Atlas Park..I try not to go anywhere accessible by public transportation for obvious reasons..and linden is across the street from the projects..there are 2 bus stops..and a train nearby not to mention a Mcdonalds up the block..Hell no..aint no way in hell im going to linden unless im rocking the 50cent vest and strapped like TI.. So im thinking court street Early sunday morning..while people are sleep or in church..but Brooklyn Def. Needs to stand up..
are you serious? if u that scared of people just wait for it to hit dvd.you takin shook to a whole new level son.
nah im not scared @ all..ive been in theaters were dudes have fought, pulled out a gun and the whole nine..Its more of the quality of the theater..the theater I go to leather seats that recline..the sound is on point ..the Video is on point....Sometimes when you go in the "hood" you dont get the same.. One time I went to Linden to see a Tyler Perry movie and the screen was shaking like it had touretts..I asked the mgr about it..he phoned the booth and the dude in the booth said "thats the way the movie came" I hit the mgr with a stoneface and got a refund..So thats all..Not about me being shook..just geting my 10.50 worth
Datnggag, u live in Middle Village/ Glendale? my jobs right around Atlas Park Mall, and you should know they are NOT playing ANY hood typemovies there. thats the old white folks mall.

The movie sold out quicker than Dark Knight at my movie theater if that matters (BK)

The Dark Knight played more showtimes but still, pretty impressive.

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Man..My movie theater i normally go to isnt showing it..Atlas Park..I try not to go anywhere accessible by public transportation for obvious reasons..and linden is across the street from the projects..there are 2 bus stops..and a train nearby not to mention a Mcdonalds up the block..Hell no..aint no way in hell im going to linden unless im rocking the 50cent vest and strapped like TI.. So im thinking court street Early sunday morning..while people are sleep or in church..but Brooklyn Def. Needs to stand up..
are you serious? if u that scared of people just wait for it to hit dvd.you takin shook to a whole new level son.
nah im not scared @ all..ive been in theaters were dudes have fought, pulled out a gun and the whole nine..Its more of the quality of the theater..the theater I go to leather seats that recline..the sound is on point ..the Video is on point....Sometimes when you go in the "hood" you dont get the same.. One time I went to Linden to see a Tyler Perry movie and the screen was shaking like it had touretts..I asked the mgr about it..he phoned the booth and the dude in the booth said "thats the way the movie came" I hit the mgr with a stoneface and got a refund..So thats all..Not about me being shook..just geting my 10.50 worth
Datnggag, u live in Middle Village/ Glendale? my jobs right around Atlas Park Mall, and you should know they are NOT playing ANY hood type movies there. thats the old white folks mall.
Nah brother I live in Bushwhick..moved there from Flatbush about a year ago..One day me and the wife was driving and we happened across atlaspark..Lol I only told one of my friends about it..and i made him promise not to take any hood rat chicks there..lol

is it just me or does this movie have the feel of one of those 'made for tv' joints? like they made for michael jordan, little richard and dennisrodman?

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

is it just me or does this movie have the feel of one of those 'made for tv' joints? like they made for michael jordan, little richard and dennis rodman?
I get the same vibe from this movie after watching the trailer. It looks kind of like a movie you'd see on MTV or VH1 it doesn't reallyseem like a major motion picture.

just got back from the matinee (Paviliob in BK FTW)....

two cats was just talking the whole flick...i had to tell em to shut up for talking during the funeral scene.

i hated that it was anticlimatic with such a sad ending...almost teared up in the funeral scene

based on what i read in his biography by dude who wrote for Vibe, it seemed pretty true to life.

The Kim/Faith drama was a bit underplayed tho...

5/5

Originally Posted by eghckk

is it just me or does this movie have the feel of one of those 'made for tv' joints? like they made for michael jordan, little richard and dennis rodman?
I get the same vibe from this movie after watching the trailer. It looks kind of like a movie you'd see on MTV or VH1 it doesn't really seem like a major motion picture.

exactly why I have no desire to see this

Gravy is acutally gonna be at the theater here tonight where i live with Big Fendi but ima still wait til tomorrrow..early afternoon lol..Went to cop tix earlyto see My bloody Valentine 3d and all the early notorious shows were sold out, and mad people was in line buyin tickets for the 11 and midnight and 1230 shows.

On a side note i saw a dude bust out boo Hoo'in in his Range Rover after he came out the movie.. Lol At first i thought he was arguin with someone on thephone but when he yelled out "why he have to die" repeatedly i knew it was in response to the movie.. This wasnt not punk looking dude either..Ididnt know people was still this salty over 10 yrs later....

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by eghckk

I get the same vibe from this movie after watching the trailer. It looks kind of like a movie you'd see on MTV or VH1 it doesn't really seem like a major motion picture.

exactly why I have no desire to see this
but the movie can;t have curse words on MTV and VH1, so it'll be too unrealistic

yes a 5/5

partially biased since i'm from BK and my cousins bumped B.I.G. how i bump Hov...

but the movie aint sugarcoat nothing...and i've read fairly enough to see that BIG did have a bad side...

i dont see what Kim's big deal was. My only issue was that Naturi didnt exude Kim's "Brooklyn Girl" demeanor...and if you've seen a BKgirl you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

dang big wasnt even supposed to be in LA that day
smh.gif
wrong place wrong time

i was just listening to that on the radio today. Thanks puff, now you tell us that after about 11 years 10 months later. What a scumbag.

looks good but who knows how it'll turn out. ill wait a bit for judgements when the movie comes out to see if i should see it or not in the theaters.

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

On a side note i saw a dude bust out boo Hoo'in in his Range Rover after he came out the movie.. Lol At first i thought he was arguin with someone on the phone but when he yelled out "why he have to die" repeatedly i knew it was in response to the movie.. This wasnt not punk looking dude either..I didnt know people was still this salty over 10 yrs later....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by faulkit28

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

dang big wasnt even supposed to be in LA that day
smh.gif
wrong place wrong time

i was just listening to that on the radio today. Thanks puff, now you tell us that after about 11 years 10 months later. What a scumbag.
i thought this was already known...i heard this a while ago

Actors were HORRIBLE! Dude that played Biggie was on point. The rest were ahhhhhh........

Dude playing Lil Cease(sp?) was funny lookin to me. Couldn't take his character to seriously. Dude looked like he was 12 yrs old throughout the wholemovie.

Some parts of the movie Puff look more like Carl Thomas.

42nd street had most of its showtimes CLEANED OUT by noon today...cats
Weren't playin......lol

Back
Top Bottom