Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Cute kids fellas. Y'all got any pro tips for a first timer lol My little man will be here in August. Only thing that I really know is that the sleep deprivation will be very real :lol:

man....one of the greatest pleasures of being a parent is messing with your kids. told my son to put on his shirt cause we were going to dinner and he flat out told me no. i told him that's fine and make sure he took care of the house while me and mommy went to eat. i told him to make absolutely sure not to let anyone in the house until we came home even if they were pounding on the door. his eyes got big. mouth looked real dry. he slid slowly to the bed, grabbed his shirt and put it on. asked if he was ready to go and he said yup :lol:

Last edited:
And Ill have this youngin cleaning up the light work:

Out'cheah. [emoji]128526[/emoji]
Nice hat and cute kids fam 
nthat.gif

Cute kids fellas. Y'all got any pro tips for a first timer lol My little man will be here in August. Only thing that I really know is that the sleep deprivation will be very real
laugh.gif
Although it sucks in the beginning, sleep deprivation is the least of my worries now.  I stress about EVERYTHING else.  I wouldn't even know where to start with "tips."  Just be prepared for any/everything and most importantly, be present in your child's life.  I know too many parents who jump (or are thrown) in too early and think life is still all about them.

Although it sucks in the beginning, sleep deprivation is the least of my worries now.  I stress about EVERYTHING else.  I wouldn't even know where to start with "tips."  Just be prepared for any/everything and most importantly, be present in your child's life.  I know too many parents who jump (or are thrown) in too early and think life is still all about them.

This is true.

When my daughter was born, it was all about her for me.

I didn't care if i go hungry, as long as she's full - i'm good.

Like yesterday, we were at a fam party, she was lookin fresh in her new Dubs gear while i was bummin it... LOLOLOL

Fellas....wife and I are expecting our first child on June 26 (girl)...but if you ask my wife it could be any day now lol. Saw a lot of good stuff in here so I will definitely be in here a lot more! Crazy how your mind starts to shift once you know you have a child on the way. I notice things before that I wouldn't care about and am a lot more mindful of little girls since I know mine is on the way. I see them everywhere now lol.

This is true.

When my daughter was born, it was all about her for me.

I didn't care if i go hungry, as long as she's full - i'm good.

Like yesterday, we were at a fam party, she was lookin fresh in her new Dubs gear while i was bummin it... LOLOLOL

Haha yeah. You know you're a dad when a the shoe store it's not uncommon for you to ask "can I just try on the wide version?"

No creep **** but she's adorable.

Good thing you got youngnz to take the charge cuz somebody gonna die
laugh.gif

Cute kids fellas. Y'all got any pro tips for a first timer lol My little man will be here in August. Only thing that I really know is that the sleep deprivation will be very real
laugh.gif
I never had sleep problems with mine.

I'm a coach potato so attention and playing are my problem.

I give her as much as I can but baby girl got a motor
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I wish I was as lucky as some in here with the sleep thing. I was legit one of those who said "yeah, I know sleep will be hard to come by but I barely do it now anyways so I'm good." NOPE. It's a big difference from getting a few hours of sleep, to getting woken up every hour during sleep.

Other than really trying to rest when you can, just enjoy the hell out of it. Every single moment, even when things get hard and frustrating which they will (especially when you try to put him to sleep and he won't)...it's all worth it and you'll see.

*Kanye voice* Pray for me

My first born just became a "lady".

As I'm a little uneasy about it, she's still at a point where the idea grosses her out. She doesn't want to talk about it nor does she want the attention (ie. my wife telling the entire family about the milestone :lol:). But my wife is really adamant that I still be involved even though it's weird to both of us. She's still immature and I'm completely fine with that. Some of the girls that go to her school (and even an ex-friend) are already boy crazy and wearing makeup. So I'm also glad she's not at the level yet.

And because she was still weird about the whole situation (and because my wife embarrasses her, but not in a bad way), i waited till i dropped her off to school the next day to let her know I was here for her and that she was still my little girl.

[/end vent]
:lol: :wow:

*Kanye voice* Pray for me

My first born just became a "lady".

As I'm a little uneasy about it, she's still at a point where the idea grosses her out. She doesn't want to talk about it nor does she want the attention (ie. my wife telling the entire family about the milestone
laugh.gif
). But my wife is really adamant that I still be involved even though it's weird to both of us. She's still immature and I'm completely fine with that. Some of the girls that go to her school (and even an ex-friend) are already boy crazy and wearing makeup. So I'm also glad she's not at the level yet.

And because she was still weird about the whole situation (and because my wife embarrasses her, but not in a bad way), i waited till i dropped her off to school the next day to let her know I was here for her and that she was still my little girl.

[/end vent]
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
Welcome to the club.  My daughter had the same thing happened last month. 
frown.gif

Fellas....wife and I are expecting our first child on June 26 (girl)...but if you ask my wife it could be any day now lol. Saw a lot of good stuff in here so I will definitely be in here a lot more! Crazy how your mind starts to shift once you know you have a child on the way. I notice things before that I wouldn't care about and am a lot more mindful of little girls since I know mine is on the way. I see them everywhere now lol.

My bday :smoking :smokin

yall scaring me with these stories about yall daughters :lol: :frown:

babygirl is only 3 years old and already she wants to do make up and do grown up stuff. I think she gets that from me cause me growing up I wanted to be an adult FAST...boy was that a mistake LOL

Gonna be joining the club in December :pimp: so damn excited. How long did you guys wait to tell family/friends? My wife is at 12 weeks and we just told our mom's yesterday. Visiting my dad in NY this weekend so gonna let him know then.

How many weeks did it take for you to find out the gender? Wife wants to do a ultra sound at 15 weeks to see if they can tell then.

Gonna be joining the club in December :pimp: so damn excited. How long did you guys wait to tell family/friends? My wife is at 12 weeks and we just told our mom's yesterday. Visiting my dad in NY this weekend so gonna let him know then.

How many weeks did it take for you to find out the gender? Wife wants to do a ultra sound at 15 weeks to see if they can tell then.

There's a blood test they can do super early now that tells the gender. Did that 2 years ago with my daughter, but don't think it's something insurance will cover.

Due date got changed to June 12 from June 9. Ultrasound dr told us the wrong date but everything is still great. I'm pumped I'm hoping my baby girl comes soon.

Gonna be joining the club in December
pimp.gif
so damn excited. How long did you guys wait to tell family/friends? My wife is at 12 weeks and we just told our mom's yesterday. Visiting my dad in NY this weekend so gonna let him know then.

My lady is due in Dec. too 
smokin.gif

I think they can tell around week 15/16 which we have Dr appts for each week hopefully we find out soon 
happy.gif

i think the rule of thumb is to wait until after the first trimester.

after that the fetus is supposed to be 'out of the woods'... but on the real, anything can happen at any time.

but we told fam and friends after the first trimester just to be sure....

i think the rule of thumb is to wait until after the first trimester.

after that the fetus is supposed to be 'out of the woods'... but on the real, anything can happen at any time.

but we told fam and friends after the first trimester just to be sure....

Yeah that's why my wife wanted to wait...Going to see family so I wanted to let them know on person so she was cool starting to let people know this week (12 weeks)

Can't wait to find out what we are having :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom