Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

postpartum has me scared...i love my lady but she already can be a little over the top emotionally and sensitive. im bout to tell her homegirls they have to steal her couple nights for convo and drinks. 
My girl, who is already kind of a b, was EXTRA difficult the entire pregnancy and about 4 months after, didn't matter how good or accommodating I was to her. She also lost her libido entirely (opposite of most women) and is only just now rekindling that. It was major difficult, do what you can to help but don't be surprised if it just reaches a point of nothing you can do with it but deal with it

Last edited:
mean.gif

A 15 year old down the street committed suicide like 2 months ago bc she was being bullied. That's why I hope me and my daughter have that relationship were she tells me everything.
 Same here. I really want to be able to have meaningful conversation with my daughter, where she's able to trust in both me and my wife.

I know, we'll only be able to do so much...But man, sure as hell I'm going to do my best to prepare her for this world.

I have a six and a two year old and I'm so scared of them growing up in this social media generation :smh:

http://wfla.com/2016/06/08/girl-15-commits-suicide-after-friends-share-nude-snapchat-video/

Man. My wife and I are stuck in this dilemna right now. My daughter's are asking for Snapchat, literally, EVERYDAY. lol
I'm 100% against it and with confirmation from a few dirtbag friends, they've said the same. "Don't let them get it." So it probably won't happen.

We let them have IG and we monitor them, periodically check their DM's, but there's so many damn horror stories about young girls and social media. it really is scary.

A 15 year old down the street committed suicide like 2 months ago bc she was being bullied. That's why I hope me and my daughter have that relationship were she tells me everything.

Don't hope for it. YOU have to be adamant and consistent with it. Just don't be weird with it. If you have to pry, then pry. But remind her that it's OK her for to talk to you about things just like she would with her mom.

My wife is consistently in my ear about this stage in a girls life. Again, my daugthers are 12/11 and they're still very much young and immature. Which I'm completely fine with.

But as father's, we have to be there through the good things and through the things we prefer not to be in.

Any of y'all kids go through the touch everything phase?

My daughter is 2 now and she will not stop opening drawers, climbing chairs to get to things on top of counters, ******* with appliances (messing with the printer, playing with the water cooler, unplugging stuff).

She will not stop. I try to talk some sense into her and she just doesn't get the hint.

:smh:

Yeah I hear that bro. We all think we'll be the cool relatable dads but you never know man.

Our kids growing up in a new generation and as cool as we think we are we'll likely be out of touch with the times.

Plus man, women's brains work differently. Especially teenage girls.

All we can do is just raise them to the best of our abilities and hope that the lessons we've instilled in them show them the right path.

Last edited:

My daughter is 2 now and she will not stop opening drawers, climbing chairs to get to things on top of counters, ******* with appliances (messing with the printer, playing with the water cooler, unplugging stuff).

She will not stop. I try to talk some sense into her and she just doesn't get the hint.

I'm sure we've ALL gone through it.

Welcome to the Terrible 2's, my friend. :lol:

I'm sure we've ALL gone through it.

Welcome to the Terrible 2's, my friend. :lol:

Definitely a new experience this time around with my daughter.

My son is autistic so his terrible 2s were different. I mean he used to mess with **** too but in just a different way.

Terrible 2s? Mine is 7 months and does that, plus the whole put everything in her mouth phase

When did yalls kids start crawlin/walkin?

My lil boy is about to be 7 months and acts like hes gona actually crawl any day now.

For now he just rolls around crawls backwards and takes him 5 minutes to move 4 ft foward :lol:
I love seeing his determination tho

My lil boy is about to be 7 months and acts like hes gona actually crawl any day now.

For now he just rolls around crawls backwards and takes him 5 minutes to move 4 ft foward
laugh.gif

My daughter is 7 months and she can get  to the position where she's on her hands and knees. But doesn't grasp the concept of crawling yet. She tends to lunge or roll to the spot she wants to go lol

My daughter started crawling at like 7 months or so. This little chick is fast too.

She's been able to prop herself up for the past month and and walk with assistance. I try to help her with assisted walking for about a few minutes every night. She has a habit of walking on her tippy toes though but she knows how to turn on and off my xbox :lol:

He'll figure it out Wavy. She just **** yours couldn't ever actually go forward, always backwardsalways backwards or stick her butt up in tbe5 air then fall sideways but she still always got where she wanted to go. She still in the rolllver phase too, changing her diaper is like a fight trying to get her to stay centered and on her back. Then all of a sudden one day she's doing it and standing up on things.

For now he just rolls around crawls backwards and takes him 5 minutes to move 4 ft foward :lol:

just wait on it man

crawling leads to RUNNNING ALL OVER THE GOT DANG HOUSE

no lie they will crawl and then walk in a span of 3 days AND then start running 24 hours later......

but nothing is like the climbing phase.......practice say AYE GET DOWN FROM THERE till it becomes second nature

rolllver phase too, changing her diaper is like a fight trying to get her to stay centered and on her back.

Too much real life in that comment, I honestly can't figure out how to get her to stay on her back unless I give her a toy or something. And even then, it's only a 50% chance :smh:

Man my son is 9 months and he will crawl through a room full of toys to play with a dresser or bathroom drawer.

He's really into chords as well.

Its like he only wants stuff that can hurt him.

Yeah man everytime i change my boys diapers, its like his diaper is a can of biscuits and the inside of the can is him. Soon as you unstrap it, BOOM there his lil *** goes. Rolls around and kicks till he gets away. Then trys to grab his dirty diaper.

My lady is due in Dec. too :smokin  

I think they can tell around week 15/16 which we have Dr appts for each week hopefully we find out soon :D
 My lady is due in Dec. too :smokin  

I think they can tell around week 15/16 which we have Dr appts for each week hopefully we find out soon :D
the good thing about a December baby is you can claim them for the whole year on taxes

how yall doing... i havent been in here in awhile... yall planning on taking the kids anywhere for the summer? we at least do the seattle area at least once and visit my mom and family...
we got back from universal, santa monica and stayed around koreatown about a month ago... universal was dope, first time there.. harry potter ride >>>> ..
the prices of tall cans were $11 :x ... kids loved the whole trip... for some reason they get joy from using the room key :lol:..

how yall doing... i havent been in here in awhile... yall planning on taking the kids anywhere for the summer? we at least do the seattle area at least once and visit my mom and family...
we got back from universal, santa monica and stayed around koreatown about a month ago... universal was dope, first time there.. harry potter ride >>>> ..
the prices of tall cans were $11 :x ... kids loved the whole trip... for some reason they get joy from using the room key :lol:..

Haven't been to Universal in years but def want to check out that new Potter land. Down in Newport Beach now with the fam and about to hit Legoland with the kids tomorrow cuz my wife got free press passes. Prob just take it easy for a few days otherwise.

Yeah man everytime i change my boys diapers, its like his diaper is a can of biscuits and the inside of the can is him. Soon as you unstrap it, BOOM there his lil *** goes. Rolls around and kicks till he gets away. Then trys to grab his dirty diaper.

:lol: that can of biscuits analogy is perfect.

My son has started grabbing his **** when he gets his diaper changed :smh:

Y'all ever said something to your lady and realize "oh **** I should not of said that"

Earlier today my lady basically had a break down bc she said the baby didn't move for 2 hrs(babygirl has been crazy active for the past 2 weeks). Well my lady is at work freaking out crying while talking to her homegirls. So after our birthing tour today she was telling me about the earlier and how she was so scared. Then I say "I think your postpartum is gonna be bad" idk what the hell I was thinking. Soon as it came out, she immediately flipped. Crying and scream like how dare i say that and blah blah blah. Gotta go up stairs and apologize, gotta realize she's going through a lot. Can't lie I feel like a straight *** right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom