Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

i wish i had someone to tell me DONT LOOK DOWN while the wifey giving birth.. mistakes were made..
Yeah, it's crazy how the human body is.

I was holding my wife's leg and the nurse proceeded to tell me 'do you see her head?' Looked done and was the memory is with me forever.

I couldn't look away and watched the entire birth.

So crazy. 

i wish i had someone to tell me DONT LOOK DOWN while the wifey giving birth.. mistakes were made..

For a c-section yeah don't look.

For a normal birth, be a man and watch life.

yeah when the dr said here comes the head! i looked down and was like holy crap [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji]
watched my son slide on out and it was pretty amazing. i'm usually pretty squeamish about blood but this was a different type of scenario. didn't have time to think about it.

:lol: It actually ain't that bad. Assuming this would be your first and last child, it's an experience. The whole placenta thing was weird, but I definitely recommend you all viewing your child coming out and appreciate life being born. It's a dope feeling after it's done.

I've seen both, natural and C-section. The C-section was just the craziest thing I'd ever seen. Doc literally pulled the organs out and put them "aside" so to speak, pulled out my 2nd born and tucked everything back in like it was nothing. :lol:

I really want to relax on Father's day. 

I want to stay home and grill...but I have a feeling that won't even happen.

Hey guys- what do you think of this right here?

i was thinking about buying one, my daughter is 3 and she tends to lean back and doesn't know how to lean forward or hold on yet....

Coming down to the wire bros.... Wife has an appointment tomorrow, and could be induced. Any kind of advice yall can give me as a first time dad?

Hey guys- what do you think of this right here?

i was thinking about buying one, my daughter is 3 and she tends to lean back and doesn't know how to lean forward or hold on yet....

Looks cool. My son doesn't stay up there long before wanting to get back down though. I usually just grab his arms and hold them while i walk with him on my shoulders.

Coming down to the wire bros.... Wife has an appointment tomorrow, and could be induced. Any kind of advice yall can give me as a first time dad?
One day at a time. The first couple of weeks are a bit tough with lack of sleep. Are you staying home for some time after the baby is born? When the baby sleeps, you guys should sleep. We didn't do it that well with our first born, but we did with our second and we felt better. 

Another thing i think people don't understand is that as dads, not only do we take care of the newborn, but we also take care of mom for a bit after giving birth. We can't even begin to think what she felt during and feels after, so if you can do little things to make her feel comfortable or make it easier for her as she recovers, do them. 

The most important though...enjoy every single moment. Before you know it, they'll be growing up and telling you that they can do things themselves 
frown.gif

Congrats my man.

it's true what they say: the days are long but the years are short.

i can't believe my baby girl is 3 already...

enjoy these times guys!! we can't get them back!

take as much video and pics as you can.... i often look back every time i smile to myself because it brings back memories like 'oh this was when she was trying to walk but she fell hard on her butt and started fake crying cuz she saw me watching her...."

it's true what they say: the days are long but the years are short.

i can't believe my baby girl is 3 already...

enjoy these times guys!! we can't get them back!

take as much video and pics as you can.... i often look back every time i smile to myself because it brings back memories like 'oh this was when she was trying to walk but she fell hard on her butt and started fake crying cuz she saw me watching her...."
This...always find myself looking at old pictures on my phone and it always brings a smile to my face.

The years fly bros :frown: baby boy is already 3 and I remember literally every event that happened the day he was born like it was yesterday :smh:

It wasn't THAT bad :lol:

I looked pretty much the whole time, it was a crazy sight. Even before she started pushing, our doctor was like "take a look" and bam, my kid's hair was right there :rofl:  

No scars, rips or anything. 3 weeks later and I was back in >D  

For a c-section yeah don't look.

For a normal birth, be a man and watch life.

My wife had a c-section...

When they brought me in the room they had already started..but no one told me that.

I saw everything...[emoji]128561[/emoji]

My girl started getting contractions at 12 am stayed up till 5 am and nothing else really happened. She's been having contractions all day but no water breaking or anything. They weren't joking when they said the first part is about 24 hours.

My girl started getting contractions at 12 am stayed up till 5 am and nothing else really happened. She's been having contractions all day but no water breaking or anything. They weren't joking when they said the first part is about 24 hours.

Did you already have a bag packed for the hospital?

My daughter is suppose to be here Sept but I'm bout to start packing my lady bag and my bag now.

My daughter is suppose to be here Sept but I'm bout to start packing my lady bag and my bag now.

Bag has been packed for about a month already since she was at risk for a preterm birth. Now we're over due by 5 days.

hey LP if your girl can take her to walk some stairs, this is when all the walking plays a big part. many blessings homie to you and your fam! if u need anything msg me.

ive been blessed enough to spend fathers day in a different country, being able to provide my wife and daughter with nice things always makes me proud.

currently in punta cana and this place is great, happy fathers day to all u papis out there, lets continue to be great, dont be part of the statistics, if u got drama with the baby mama put that aside and be great for your kids.

Make sure you got your favorite snacks on deck. Hospital food is crap. A tip, create a list of different foods from
Surrounding restaurants in the area, as soon as the baby is born and people want to see the baby, send them
Your order to pick up food.

Oh and when you pack your bags, bring some comfortable slippers/slides. You don't want to have to keep tying your shoes.

And make sure you got a bag big enough take those hospital swaddlers home. They are better than the POS ones you
Buy in the store.

the cafeteria at the hospital that my kids were born in was pretty good... what they serve you in the room is garbage.. have movies on your phone, dsi or psp.. your gonna be bored... baby gonna be sleeping and your girl is gonna be exhausted.. cater to her needs for bringing in your baby into the world.. congrats man..
DONT LOOK DOWN :lol:

Last edited:
our hospital was pretty comfortable and the cafeteria food was not bad. watched the tv in the room and didn't need the iPad. my wife slept plenty and i just walked around when my son was sleeping too. my biggest mistake was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. they induced her after dinner and she gave birth early the next morning but I stayed by her side the whole time and that fricken room got cold. i should have brought some sweat pants and sweat shirt. after my son was born, i went home and got warm clothes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom