Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Yup, a hard slap on the back of the head did it for me 
laugh.gif

Honestly I damn near **** bricks and was perfect for a month when my dad picked up my ps2 controller and destroyed it against a dresser. :lol: thought I was going to die

I'm not getting my kids vaxed for certain stuff they have an extraordinarily low chance of getting.

That kind of mindset is what allows that "stuff" to make a comeback.  I'm not here to convince you, but make sure you have a valid reason for it because most of these vaccines have an extraordinarily low chance of causing any side effects and even the ones they might cause aren't nearly as bad as the disease they protect you from.

My 17 month old child isn't sexually active so he isn't getting a Hepatitis B vaccine

My kids aren't that old yet, but in general I find that taking away or severely limiting something they care about (cell phone, tablet, computer, etc) until they straighten up can work wonders for improving bad behavior.
There u go. Removing distraction does wonders. Too many lazy parents. Also incentives and rewards for getting **** done. It's the disrespect that will get them smacked

My 17 month old child isn't sexually active so he isn't getting a Hepatitis B vaccine

You're right. Your child also isn't going to college but that doesn't mean you shouldn't start saving now. I look at it as an investment in their future. You get it done now so they won't have to worry about it later.

Honestly I damn near **** bricks and was perfect for a month when my dad picked up my ps2 controller and destroyed it against a dresser.
laugh.gif
thought I was going to die
I feel like he won't have that fear until he catches the fade, which I've told him I don't want fear, I want respect.
There u go. Removing distraction does wonders. Too many lazy parents. Also incentives and rewards for getting **** done. It's the disrespect that will get them smacked
I feel having to reward him to do things that he's currently not doing that he's done for years before is a few steps backwards

Try reverse phycology? Pops did that to me....id be mindblown each time he tricked me with it and i'd get pissed at myself so hard :lol:

I use it on my daughter whos 3, helps alot.

thanks guys for the advice, yeah i dont want to say anything and have things mess up.....one question i do have is that i smoke trees is it ok for my wife to be around me ..or in the same room i'm at while im burning....i thought of that yesterday while rolling ........thanks again NT dads. 

Just get used to burning outside cause you going to have to start doing that when baby comes. Plus better safe than sorry. As far as when to tell people, I would wait as long as you can(def after 1st trimester) if it's your first. If you really feel the itch to tell somebody, tell a stranger. Sounds weird but you'll most likely never see them again. I think it's kinda therapeutic

I feel like he won't have that fear until he catches the fade, which I've told him I don't want fear, I want respect.

I feel having to reward him to do things that he's currently not doing that he's done for years before is a few steps backwards
goal setting skills are lacking these days. empowerment comes from constant achievement. Not just monetary praise, but mostly verbal praise and expression.

goal setting skills are lacking these days. empowerment comes from constant achievement. Not just monetary praise, but mostly verbal praise and expression.
He gets plenty of verbal praise from my wife, I'm a VERY dry person, even with my toddlers so I do congratulate him on his good work. In place of "loud" cheers I do make sure that I give him my undivided attention whenever I speak to him about how great he's doing and encourage him to keep it up.

He used to, when we were chewing him out over something he did, he'd try to play the self pity card and cry and call himself stupid and yadda yadda. I say, "yadda yadda" because after about the 2nd or 3rd time I noticed it wasn't coming off sincere and it appeared to be used to get us to end the conversation with his mom coddling him instead of him being in trouble.

When we had behavioral issues before he'd blame it on not being able to see his dad, now he sees his dad plenty but he still fell short. He's a smart kid, very manipulative. It seems like because he don't get his hind tore up enough, he just skating because ain't nothing gon happen

He gets plenty of verbal praise from my wife, I'm a VERY dry person, even with my toddlers so I do congratulate him on his good work. In place of "loud" cheers I do make sure that I give him my undivided attention whenever I speak to him about how great he's doing and encourage him to keep it up.

He used to, when we were chewing him out over something he did, he'd try to play the self pity card and cry and call himself stupid and yadda yadda. I say, "yadda yadda" because after about the 2nd or 3rd time I noticed it wasn't coming off sincere and it appeared to be used to get us to end the conversation with his mom coddling him instead of him being in trouble.

When we had behavioral issues before he'd blame it on not being able to see his dad, now he sees his dad plenty but he still fell short. He's a smart kid, very manipulative. It seems like because he don't get his hind tore up enough, he just skating because ain't nothing gon happen
So he's your stepson? How's your relationship with each other? When did you show up in his life?

So he's your stepson? How's your relationship with each other? When did you show up in his life?
Me and his mom (my wife) met about 5 years ago and I met him about 4 years ago. We are good, we talk, wrestle, talk about wrestling and other kid stuff. I have been a person in his life that introduces him to new things. Put him on the plane for the first time, took him to WrestleMania, and trying new foods and such.

Our relationship is what I feel is a natural father and son relationship.

I'm joining the club fellas, got 4 more months

I need a diaper bag or something of that sort... Any recommendations???

Me and his mom (my wife) met about 5 years ago and I met him about 4 years ago. We are good, we talk, wrestle, talk about wrestling and other kid stuff. I have been a person in his life that introduces him to new things. Put him on the plane for the first time, took him to WrestleMania, and trying new foods and such.

Our relationship is what I feel is a natural father and son relationship.

Ok that's good. It's a tough spot. It might come to you actually having to give him that fade so he knows you're not afraid to pull the trigger. Also, maybe something might be going on at school? Kids act out in different ways when things are bothering them. This might be his way that something is up but he can't put it into words.

My girl picked out an Eddie Bauer backpack. I love it. She didn't want me rolling around with something pink (I wouldn't have cared). The best part is this backpack has clips to put on the stroller so I don't have to carry it when we go out. It was clutch for the holidays from all the shopping.

I know you wanna whup that *** :lol:
Abandonment ain't no joke though. Lot of kids out here struggle with this. Was reading an article about BAM (https://urbanlabs.uchicago.edu/projects/becoming-a-man) that has been having some success in Chicago. It centers around social development and how to think slower so we can make better decisions in life. I try to implement stop & think techniques. My 13 yr old son can be a hot head and butts head with my old lady. She engages too smh. Clearly explaining and reality testing works with him and he'll get **** done. It's the negative attn he feeds off of that has them walking in circles. Then she'll swing the broom at him :lol:

I found a backpack at babies r us.
Has sppts for wipes, bottles and everything. My wife uses it too. Its alot easier to throw something on your back when ypur carrying a baby than to have another bag to carry

Last edited:
bought a few different diaper bags for my wife. one was a JJB x tokidoki and they were all pretty girly. i walked around the mall or wherever rocking the ladybag :lol: it was no big deal. main thing was that it was stocked with diapers, wipes and extra clothes.

Ok that's good. It's a tough spot. It might come to you actually having to give him that fade so he knows you're not afraid to pull the trigger. Also, maybe something might be going on at school? Kids act out in different ways when things are bothering them. This might be his way that something is up but he can't put it into words.

That's what I'm afraid of. He's only 10 and I'm a pretty big dude so me putting the fade on a silver platter won't feel right till he gets at least till 15. IDK what it is, honestly he goes through fazes where he'll cut up at home, but school he's doing good. Then it'll switch, or he'll be perfect and nothing seems to be changing but its all random.
I know you wanna whup that ***
laugh.gif

Abandonment ain't no joke though. Lot of kids out here struggle with this. Was reading an article about BAM (https://urbanlabs.uchicago.edu/projects/becoming-a-man) that has been having some success in Chicago. It centers around social development and how to think slower so we can make better decisions in life. I try to implement stop & think techniques. My 13 yr old son can be a hot head and butts head with my old lady. She engages too smh. Clearly explaining and reality testing works with him and he'll get **** done. It's the negative attn he feeds off of that has them walking in circles. Then she'll swing the broom at him
laugh.gif
I grew up with a fear of belt buckle jingles I had my butt whooped so much so it's all I know, but my years of teaching showed me that kids learn also by removing them from activities that they want to be involved in with the same result but with considerably less effort. He just doesn't respond to punishment like any kid I've seen before. It's like doing what he wants to do is worth being chewed out or not going on field trips with the rest of his class.

Back
Top Bottom