Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

4 year check up. 4 shots. my son did not like getting them at all but once the 4th one was done, he was ok. he looked at us like we betrayed him, like the pain from the betrayal was worse than the shots lol. dr said no more shots scheduled until he's 11 [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Recommendations on a jogger fellas? The lady wants one since I've been running it's motivating her to get back on the grind and she feels she can now.
That Wal Mart Baby Trend one is one of the highest rated ad only like $89

headed back home to CA for a few days, any tips on flying with a baby?
not sure how old your baby is but we used to have my wife breastfeed right when we took off and climbed to altitude and before we landed or you can give the bottle or pacifier (it's for the ear popping). luckily we've never had any issues with crying on the plane. if it's available, you can sit in that front row and request a bassinet that they clip onto the wall so your baby can sleep in it (it's super small though).

we're headed to japan next week and my son just turned 4. i'm loading his ipad with apps and movies and we're going to let him have unlimited access to it on the plane. also gonna bring a bunch of snacks and i'm even thinking of bringing his sleeping mat and pillow if he wants to lay on the ground.

Last edited:
headed back home to CA for a few days, any tips on flying with a baby?

When passing through TSA, keep them in a baby carrier

TSA will open every bag. So try not to put in extra stuff in the stroller bag/ car seat bag.

Feed them and change their diapers before getting the on plane.

not sure how old your baby is but we used to have my wife breastfeed right when we took off and climbed to altitude and before we landed or you can give the bottle or pacifier (it's for the ear popping). luckily we've never had any issues with crying on the plane. if it's available, you can sit in that front row and request a bassinet that they clip onto the wall so your baby can sleep in it (it's super small though).

we're headed to japan next week and my son just turned 4. i'm loading his ipad with apps and movies and we're going to let him have unlimited access to it on the plane. also gonna bring a bunch of snacks and i'm even thinking of bringing his sleeping mat and pillow if he wants to lay on the ground.
shes turning 3 months. ima tell my lady about that, i hope the breastfeeding before taking off and landing will help, i just hope shes hungry 
laugh.gif

we are flying jet blue if that matters..hopefully they can accommodate us as much as they can, since we kinda get screwed on the seats maybe some nice people will be down to switch with us
When passing through TSA, keep them in a baby carrier

TSA will open every bag. So try not to put in extra stuff in the stroller bag/ car seat bag.

Feed them and change their diapers before getting the on plane.
Word thanks, yea we def aint tryna over do it cuz we only going for 5 days anyway, we'll pack her clothes with ours and just keep diapers and wipes etc must haves in her diaper bag

experienced flyer with hella kids. feed em good then 30 min after their TKO, grab yourself a drank

well damn [emoji]128563[/emoji]  gonna take note 
laugh.gif

thanks all for the help, hopefully it goes smoother than i envision it in my mind 
laugh.gif

well damn [emoji]128563[/emoji]  gonna take note :lol:

thanks all for the help, hopefully it goes smoother than i envision it in my mind :lol:

we got our 2 year old a kindle for his first flight...downloaded some movies and the homie was straight...he got a little squirmy towards the end of the flight and the people in front of us were very rude about it....i've seen where some people give out goody bags for the other passengers but i say **** that...kids will be kids...90% of the people on board will understand that...my suggestions is to get with the flight attendants and see if they can check on you more than usual just in case...

HI all, just found this thread by mistake.

I am a dad of 3 boys, one 13 yo and two 12 year olds.

One of my twins was born with arterial transposition, and has had 3 surgeries thus far. Big bulls fan though. 

After his surgery we went to a bulls game at united center.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, glad there's other dads here on NT and not just a bunch of supreme/yeezy hypes (although I have been guilty of that myself occasionally).

I am a huge fan of AJ1 myself.

Just had my 3rd yesterday. I have 2 boys but kept the sex of baby a surprise. We had a baby girl!! She wasn't due for another 2-3 weeks so it definitely cause us off guard. Both my boys were induced so it was weird cause we never went through it before. it was actually my wife's last day at work. She even drove herself to the hospital. luckily it was only a 5-10 min drive. She texted me around 12:30 to be on stand by just in case and called me at 1:45 to tell me she was heading to the hospital. Since both my boys were induced, I don't think my wife knew she was going to labor. Got to the hospital just after 2pm and baby was born at 2:50pm. didn't even have time for a epidural.

Just had my 3rd yesterday. I have 2 boys but kept the sex of baby a surprise. We had a baby girl!! She wasn't due for another 2-3 weeks so it definitely cause us off guard. Both my boys were induced so it was weird cause we never went through it before. it was actually my wife's last day at work. She even drove herself to the hospital. luckily it was only a 5-10 min drive. She texted me around 12:30 to be on stand by just in case and called me at 1:45 to tell me she was heading to the hospital. Since both my boys were induced, I don't think my wife knew she was going to labor. Got to the hospital just after 2pm and baby was born at 2:50pm. didn't even have time for a epidural.
Congrats man!

Good stuff in here like always. 9 hrs, sheeesh.
Got my 13, 14 yr old doin their old laundry. Remember ironing their **** back in the days. Time flies

She looks scared lol.
Took my kid to see Stanford Oregon Saturday. He got to go in the player tunnel and high five the players, and we got court access after:

Last edited by a moderator:
flying out to CA thursday, man im nervous as hell, hopefully baby girl will make it thru the flight chillin 
laugh.gif

Did a Make-A-Wish event yesterday and brought my wife and daughter. She had no idea it was me under the helmet :lol:

View media item 2348923

That's dope. My son is all about Star Wars. He would love that.

That's what I'm hoping for my son too. Other than naming my twins Luke and Leia, I'm not gonna push SW on them. Fingers crossed they end up liking it as much as I do though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom