Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

my 3 year old son has been watched by both his grandmas his entire life and definitely needs a boost in how to socialize with other kids and be independent from me and my wife.

we signed him up for half-day daycare and have our first real dropoff tomorrow (first couple days, we were there). its gonna be super tough for us but seriously next-level tough for him. lil man is seriously gonna cry all 3 hours he's there. :\

He's going to be fine. The first couple days are always rough. I remembered mine wouldn't even let go of me. After 3-4 days he gave me a kiss and said bye. I wanted to cry. He just needs to get used to the teachers and kids

my 4 year old starts pre k later this year.

I was wondering if yall knew any sites for her to go learn to kind of get her a head start?

I found abcmouse.com but was wondering if yall knew anything else, maybe better?

He's going to be fine. The first couple days are always rough. I remembered mine wouldn't even let go of me. After 3-4 days he gave me a kiss and said bye. I wanted to cry. He just needs to get used to the teachers and kids

'preciate it. yeah just wanna fast forward the first few days and get to that point already.

I was wondering if yall knew any sites for her to go learn to kind of get her a head start?

I found abcmouse.com but was wondering if yall knew anything else, maybe better?

abcmouse is good.

my daughter has been watching daniel the tiger lately. it's basically teaching her how to deal with situations like if she feels sad or angry, stuff like that.

it's similar to Mr. Roger's neighborhood because it's based on his work, and it's actually doing well with my daughter....

Too early for the Mother's Day ideas to start popping off??... Seasoned vets can you offer up any ideas for the first Mother's Day gift?

I know some of you guys gotta have some past home runs that were really creative

My wife and I agreed to cool it on exchanging gifts during the 1st year with the twins but I kinda wanna get her something for mothers day on the cool... if not costly than definitely creative.

Too early for the Mother's Day ideas to start popping off??... Seasoned vets can you offer up any ideas for the first Mother's Day gift?

I know some of you guys gotta have some past home runs that were really creative

My wife and I agreed to cool it on exchanging gifts during the 1st year with the twins but I kinda wanna get her something for mothers day on the cool... if not costly than definitely creative.

you can get some cool personalized stuff on etsy

good to be early if you're gonna go the custom route, since turnaround times can be a little high

Check out sproutonline.com They're on tv as well.

Hey ya'll-

if you guys can send good vibes/ thoughts and prayers my way that would be greatly appreciated.

they found something in my wfie's bloodwork but I don't want to get into anything detailed right now, i'm just frazzled and trying not to really trip out.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey ya'll-

if you guys can send good vibes/ thoughts and prayers my way that would be greatly appreciated.

they found something in my wfie's bloodwork but I don't want to get into anything detailed right now, i'm just frazzled and trying not to really trip out.

Thanks
Prayers to you and your wife, brother.

Quote:
i was told not to do that even from a very early age. i guess it's so the kids don't develop some kinda anxiety when you disappear all of a sudden. it is what it is though. that drop off drama can really suck. when my son was 3, there was one day he didn't want me to drop him off so i finally got him to let go of my leg and he yelled super loudly "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DAD, THIS PLACE IS NOT SAFE!!!!" i was like jeez man i really feel like a POS. after a few long talks with him and my wife it was clear that he just didn't want to go to school and rather come to work with me all day.
My 2yr old was been real clingy after we went on an anniversary trip to Vegas at the beginning of the month, it's like she don't want me out her sight. Last 2 days of me dropping them off has been hard on both her and my 1yr old. I'm don't get sad or feel bad for droppin' them off but I do get a lil embarrassed with all the crying and screaming.

meh as far as the drop off anxiety is a slippery slope

every child is different as is every adult

for some children its worse to coddle them and extend the dropoff... i unfortunately have a clinger haha 10 min goodbyes everyday

wouldnt trade it for the world though
I usually dip out soon as the attention is a lil bit off me cause I know they'll be alright. Basically routine is, come in try to put em down, they resist, a teacher distracts em, I sneak out, <5mins later they cool and when I come pick em up they chillin' like the other kids

I'm thinking something small like a hand prints on card for my tiny ones and me and my son will get her a card. IDK what Imma give her since she don't really wear jewelry like that. May go with flowers and a Nothing Bundt Cake cake. Or chocolate covered strawberries

any of you guys have the chicco fit 2 car seat. Researching car seats for my little one and that looks like the best one so far... any likes or dislikes about it?

any of you guys have the chicco fit 2 car seat. Researching car seats for my little one and that looks like the best one so far... any likes or dislikes about it?
No experience with the Chicco, but this is the one I bought (based on some recommendations from dads in this thread), and we LOVE it:

http://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/modes<sup>-trade;<-sup>-click-connect<sup>-trade;<-sup>-travel-system

It's light, sturdy, and easy to use.  I bought an extra "click connect" base and installed it in the 2nd car so I can just click the carrier into whichever car we use and don't have to fuss with seatbelts.

No experience with the Chicco, but this is the one I bought (based on some recommendations from dads in this thread), and we LOVE it:

http://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/modes<sup>-trade;<-sup>-click-connect<sup>-trade;<-sup>-travel-system

It's light, sturdy, and easy to use.  I bought an extra "click connect" base and installed it in the 2nd car so I can just click the carrier into whichever car we use and don't have to fuss with seatbelts.

Nice. I'm going to look into this one. I was looking at the chicco because of its high safety ratings. But I don't know of anyone with it yet

Back
Top Bottom