Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Have a baby girl who's 2 months and 5 days old today. Don't know if the subject has already been talked about in this thread, but have any of you dads experienced colic? She's literally up all night, and sleeps all day.

my boy only did well with the dr brown's bottles and those damn things are a PITA to wash. and don't be like me and be late in figuring out that diff ages use diff nipples :smh:

diff ages use diff nipples
mean.gif

I wouldn't worry about moving up in nipple sizes. The longer they take to finish, the more they think they are full. My daughter was on level 1 nipples up until we took the bottle away a month ago. She turned one earlier this month. 

Although the Dr Browns have a ton of pieces to wash, they make a difference. My son spit up a ton early on. When we changed to Dr Browns, it made a big difference. My kids didn't have colic, but my best friend had a daughter who did. It didn't sound fun. 

any of you guys have the chicco fit 2 car seat. Researching car seats for my little one and that looks like the best one so far... any likes or dislikes about it?
We have Britax car seats and have really enjoyed them. 

I wouldn't worry about moving up in nipple sizes. The longer they take to finish, the more they think they are full. My daughter was on level 1 nipples up until we took the bottle away a month ago. She turned one earlier this month. 

Although the Dr Browns have a ton of pieces to wash, they make a difference. My son spit up a ton early on. When we changed to Dr Browns, it made a big difference. My kids didn't have colic, but my best friend had a daughter who did. It didn't sound fun. 
yeah i don't think it would normally make much of a difference but with my son, we wanted him to drink more (breast) milk because he was kinda small and when i got the bigger nipples, he def started drinking more and my wife had to pump more. i didn't mind cleaning the bottles because they made a big difference but it really was a chore because of the pieces.

my boy only did well with the dr brown's bottles and those damn things are a PITA to wash. and don't be like me and be late in figuring out that diff ages use diff nipples :smh:

Yeah dr brown bottles is a PITA.

Get the newer version

The one with the green pieces, not the white and blue pieces. Less likely to leak.

Yeah, I hate cleaning Dr. Brown bottles. I'm hoping we can ween our daughter off from using a bottle, but it's a challenge. 

It took a couple of long nights for her to learn how to fall asleep with her pacifier.
mean.gif

what's the rule with the infant car seats?

can i just use the same one i used for my daughter?

She's turning 4 on may 8th and my #2 is coming at the end of September.

the car seat should be ok, right? or is the law to get a new one?

what's the rule with the infant car seats?

can i just use the same one i used for my daughter?

She's turning 4 on may 8th and my #2 is coming at the end of September.

the car seat should be ok, right? or is the law to get a new one?

Rear facing

my bad guys... yes, i'm talking about the rear facing one.

i can still use the same one i used for my daughter when she was a newborn/infant (which was about 3-4 years ago).

Thanks youngthundercat youngthundercat

manufacturers put expiration dates on car seats

not sure if that's something you could be penalized for if you use one beyond expiration...laws regarding child car seats vary state to state

we were planning on doing the target promo to get new cars seats for both our girls but my wife was in a minor accident this morning...someone rear ended her

most insurance companies will replace the car seats when in an accident without question

she just ordered two grace car seats totaling about $500

not sure if that's something you could be penalized for if you use one beyond expiration...laws regarding child car seats vary state to state

we were planning on doing the target promo to get new cars seats for both our girls but my wife was in a minor accident this morning...someone rear ended her

most insurance companies will replace the car seats when in an accident without question

Glad everybody's ok bro....

not sure if anyone in here has twins but i know two of my friends have twins and i used to wonder how hard it is the first year or so to raise them...but the other day i took my family out for breakfast and saw this couple with triplets :lol: that just boggles my mind how insane it must be for them to juggle things around let alone pay for everything.

I want to say that i read somewhere that if a car seat has been in an accident, it's best to replace it.

Have a baby girl who's 2 months and 5 days old today. Don't know if the subject has already been talked about in this thread, but have any of you dads experienced colic? She's literally up all night, and sleeps all day.

My baby girl is 2 months today and she's the same. My wife started reading this book called Baby Wise. It sounds intense but it's suppose to help them sleep through the night. Like most things that have to do with babies. It works for some people but not everyone
View media item 2411911
[quote="Lucho, post: 27969554"]
We have Britax car seats and have really enjoyed them. 
[/quote]

We had a Britax too with our first. It worked perfectly fine but it got pretty heavy as my son got bigger. We switched to a Maxi Cosi and you could def tell the difference.

Last edited:
we had a graco when my son was smaller and then bought a maxi cosi when he got bigger and that's what he uses now.

i guess it's because i'm not a mechanically-inclined kinda guy but i hate taking those damn car seats apart to clean them. to be more specific, i hate putting them back together. like figuring out the mystery of how the belts go and the sequence of layering everything back together. and after i put it back together, i put the buckle things back the wrong way or something else dumb and i have to take stuff apart again :smh: it's happened even if i take pictures before i take it apart :lol: it was to the point where my son would be sick and coughing and looking like he was gonna barf and i'd slam on the brakes, fly outta the car, and yank him out of the car seat so he wouldn't mess the car seat up only to find out he wasn't gonna barf - or turn around and let him barf in my hands.

Back
Top Bottom