Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

trust me you not. only thing you need off break are the clothes and pampers. the feeding pillow is clutch.
you're wife right now will need that pregnancy body pillow comes in handy as she's getting bigger.
the bathtub holder but we only bathe her once every 2/3 days
we have so much stuff here we not using you yet (probably wont at all)
wet wipe warmer is cool. but we hardly upstairs to even use it.
as of right now she hates all mamaroo moving basineett things.
the bottle warmer is useless for now. the one we have just like steams.

has anybody toddler fell off the bed while sleeping? ive been using my wife preggo pillow to keep her contained.

me and my wife have started a nasty habit of sleeping with her in her bed until she falls asleep.

Last edited:
wait til your kids discover Genovieve's Playhouse on Youtube. I'm thinking about swaggerjacking her steelo. Idk how much youtube pays but those 10 cents to make, no production I can see your hands holding the dolls *** videos be having 28M views in 2 weeks. My daughter always says "I want to watch Happy meal Skye."

we finally let everyone know yesterday that my wife and i are expecting number 2 next year. due date is in may just like joeyxfresco joeyxfresco
totally unexpected and we did an ultrasound last week and the lady said 80% chance it’s a girl. i teared up a bit word to the stockx thread, then i went to nordstrom and bought this :lol:
BE1AAC93-E0A3-4D56-8A46-036E1B2AE4A3.jpeg

My nephew Zayn is amazing lol, but I don't know if he's a mini me or just going through the terrible 2s.

What all have you and your wife bought so far? I feel like I’m a little underprepared

You need a baby carrier so you can walk around with your hands free. I'm a dad of a 2 year old and a 9 month old girls and both of them loved the baby carrier. The electronic swings and moving bassinets are good too, but, if I had to pick what we needed most, it would be the carrier. When they wouldn't sleep well, they slept in the baby carrier while I was walking around the house or taking the dog for a walk. Also, it's never too early for books. When they can't see that well yet, they can see different shades and colors and also learn the sound of your voice. You should be reading books out loud even before birth. Other than that... changing pads, sound machines, black out curtains, bassinet, swaddles that hold their arms in, bottles, phew! Good luck!

You need a baby carrier so you can walk around with your hands free. I'm a dad of a 2 year old and a 9 month old girls and both of them loved the baby carrier. The electronic swings and moving bassinets are good too, but, if I had to pick what we needed most, it would be the carrier. When they wouldn't sleep well, they slept in the baby carrier while I was walking around the house or taking the dog for a walk. Also, it's never too early for books. When they can't see that well yet, they can see different shades and colors and also learn the sound of your voice. You should be reading books out loud even before birth. Other than that... changing pads, sound machines, black out curtains, bassinet, swaddles that hold their arms in, bottles, phew! Good luck!
can't bring myself to do a baby carrier

i'll hold a kid in my arms until they're ready to fall off, have a fenced in yard for my dogs but if i didn't they would have to wait :lol:

My 3 yr old is getting leg braces today to correct his toe walking
hella bummed out for him. He starts preschool in January and I just hope he doesn't get teased about it

My son now loves Toy Story....it's crazy to me because I remember watching the first one in the movie theater with my dad almost 25 years ago :lol: :wow:

Anyway...it still holds up as my favorite Disney/Pixar animated movie. He's gonna be 2 on Thursday and I bought him Woody and Buzz :pimp:

My 3 yr old is getting leg braces today to correct his toe walking
hella bummed out for him. He starts preschool in January and I just hope he doesn't get teased about it

Because he walks too much on his tip toes? My 2 year old does that. When should I be concerned? I hope it works out well for your boy. Lace him up with some nice kicks!

can't bring myself to do a baby carrier

i'll hold a kid in my arms until they're ready to fall off, have a fenced in yard for my dogs but if i didn't they would have to wait :lol:

Yeah some guys won't do the carrier. I kinda had that feeling when I first tried it and I looked in the mirror, but it was way better than sitting in a recliner for hours. Although, I did get a lot of good NBA2K time in the recliner.

man....i wear the carrier all over idc. could be rainbow unicorns and be whatever. so long as the kid is comfortable. my wife is gonna buy some new ones for when the baby girl is born next year.

Because he walks too much on his tip toes? My 2 year old does that. When should I be concerned? I hope it works out well for your boy. Lace him up with some nice kicks!
He’ll be 3 next month
He started complaining about his legs hurting at night so we took him to the doctor who noticed his toe walking, they can develop tightness in their legs which can lead to having to have surgery if it’s not corrected, that’s what the braces are for.
He went to physical therapy and they taught us stretches to do with him and It’s helped loosen his legs up but he was still toe walking so we’ll do the braces now

I thought I would be done with sneaker collecting when I became a dad. I figured I wouldn't have time for the release madness and I wouldn't want to spend the extra money on sneakers. Turns out, I'm always awake for the releases anyway. I sleep way less. My kids love checking out my new sneakers. I keep the hobby and actually love it more now because it doesn't take as much of my time as other hobbies would and it's fairly cheap compared to buying luxury cars and watches or other hobbies. Now, I remember which sneakers I was wearing when my kids were born and they each got a pair of them waiting for them when they get a little bigger.

Back
Top Bottom