Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My little buddy is due 3/22 but he is measuring 2 weeks ahead.

He was 6 lbs 7oz last week and he supposed to gain half a pound every week until the due date.

Wife is not pleased :lol:

Not sure if anyone has heard the latest about this “MoMo” video that’s now been appearing on YT & YT Kids but apparently it’s a video instructing kids to physically harm themselves, to not tell their parents and if they do, they’ll get hurt as well. Only pops up during certain videos. Too ugly of a vid to post but feel free to google it.

Has anyone in here experienced this?

I’ll admit, I’m one of those parents who gives their kids a device but it’s definitely not for long periods of time and not daily either.

My wife and I let our little ones watch YT Kids and my daughter has become obsessed with LOL Surprise, which is one of the videos it apparently pops up during.

We do monitor what the kids look at but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and if so, what video was your child watching.
it's a commercial or another video that is suggested based off what videos you are watching?

I will look into and and talk to my 3 and 5 year old about it

I seldom give them an iPad but my wife does fairly frequently with the 3 year old

my 5 year old typically streams YouTube rather than Netflix, Hulu, Prime or anything else currently

it's a commercial or another video that is suggested based off what videos you are watching?

I will look into and and talk to my 3 and 5 year old about it

I seldom give them an iPad but my wife does fairly frequently with the 3 year old

my 5 year old typically streams YouTube rather than Netflix, Hulu, Prime or anything else currently

from what I've read and what my wife explained to me, it's a clip embedded in a kids video. So it may seem innocent at first but may pop up sometime throughout the video. It sounds like they work off the video history.

I actually took a few minutes to look some of the videos my daughter watches (educational, toy related, etc) but nothing popped up. Not sure if YT has done anything about it.

If you google #momochallenge, you can see social media posts and news clips that highlight schools notifying parents of the situation.

that video thing where you harm yourself i believe is called the #bluewhalechallenge.

MAN... f%$# the people who do these type of things... like why would you want to make kids hurt themselves man.... people these days...

sample%20blue%20whale%20list_1495577885308_60076032_ver1.0_640_480.png

Remember when one of the more concerning things was downloading a movie and playing it and it was pron? Pepperidge Farm remembers

My wife & I took our son to Mexico City. It was a great time, my little guy was eating everything.

We're definitely starting to get used to flying with him now. Definitively taking advantage of flying free before 2.

]

That’s awesome. Definitely going to take advantage and do the same. My second child was just born last week. Looking forward to taking her places and making the most of the free travel before 2 lol.

First flight for us for both our kids (3 and 1 - at the time) will be a short one down to SD from Oak on April 1st...I think my son (3) will enjoy it...Keeping my daughter still will be the hardest, she's a little wiggle worm.

My question is - we have an Air BnB - but man, how do you minimize what you pack? We're used to driving on vacations and such, so we overload the car (because obviously, we can)...

Gotta get those free trips in lol. My son has been to LA 4 times and atl. We’re hitting LA again next week and have a few more trips planned before his bday in August. Not looking forward to having to pay for 3 tickets

I talked to my sons daycare today about the YouTube thing. They have a strict no media policy anyways in the school. Parents can’t even be on cellphones. But they were like “you’re the 100th person to mention it. We are taking care of it”

First flight for us for both our kids (3 and 1 - at the time) will be a short one down to SD from Oak on April 1st...I think my son (3) will enjoy it...Keeping my daughter still will be the hardest, she's a little wiggle worm.

My question is - we have an Air BnB - but man, how do you minimize what you pack? We're used to driving on vacations and such, so we overload the car (because obviously, we can)...

When my wife and I flew, we shoved a bunch of stuff with the stroller bag. You can check that in at the gate. We got the bag off amazon (it was ~$30) but it was legit big enough to fit our stroller (Uppababy Vista), the baby's duffle, diapers, and my backpack. I used the duffle and backpack to kind of cushion the stroller so that nothing breaks. We also did a gate check in for our car seat as well (travel car seat so it was one of those cheap $50 ones).

We then had an ergobaby that we carried our son on and 1 carry on for my wife and I. Going through TSA was a pain in the a** tho.

Wife and baby boy is up North caring for her mom, while my daughter is with my parents.

It feels so weird not having them around the house.

Wife and baby boy is up North caring for her mom, while my daughter is with my parents.

It feels so weird not having them around the house.
I had the opposite this week until this morning

my wife left Sunday morning before all the kids woke up and didn't get home until about 3AM this morning

it was a little stressful a couple of time caring for a 5, 3, and 1 year old when it came to getting up for daycare/school, getting everyone fed, and bedtime

I think my son woke up once every night and I had to make a second bottle to get him back down

I'm beat right now but I also feel rewarded as a father to be able to handle the circumstance

Back
Top Bottom