Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I had the opposite this week until this morning

my wife left Sunday morning before all the kids woke up and didn't get home until about 3AM this morning

it was a little stressful a couple of time caring for a 5, 3, and 1 year old when it came to getting up for daycare/school, getting everyone fed, and bedtime

I think my son woke up once every night and I had to make a second bottle to get him back down

I'm beat right now but I also feel rewarded as a father to be able to handle the circumstance
Props to you, brother! Sounds like you're doing great with 3 kids.

Glad to see yall doing well!

Wife is 35 weeks. Had a false alarm this morning, shes dilated a few inches but they sent her home, possibly the next 3-4 days.

Thing is Iwork weekends this week so im nervous x2. This being my first boy, im already going through the mixed emotions....

Wife is 35 weeks. Had a false alarm this morning, shes dilated a few inches but they sent her home, possibly the next 3-4 days.

Thing is Iwork weekends this week so im nervous x2. This being my first boy, im already going through the mixed emotions....
If u want her to go into labor
Have sex
It induces labor
When they’re this close

I had the opposite this week until this morning

my wife left Sunday morning before all the kids woke up and didn't get home until about 3AM this morning

it was a little stressful a couple of time caring for a 5, 3, and 1 year old when it came to getting up for daycare/school, getting everyone fed, and bedtime

I think my son woke up once every night and I had to make a second bottle to get him back down

I'm beat right now but I also feel rewarded as a father to be able to handle the circumstance

That is awesome you are doing well!!!

The anticipation is probably killing you guys! is it your first overall?

Todays' her b-day.

Best believe she got this D before she went to work.

Yall wild lol tmi.

That is awesome you are doing well!!!

The anticipation is probably killing you guys! is it your first overall?

Yall wild lol tmi.

LOL, c'mon now...we adults here! lol...

Na, this is our 3rd kid together...What makes this one different is its our first boy. First two were girls.

I keep texting her "IS IT TIME YET??" :lol:

^ages?

I have two girls and the baby is a boy

supposedly mothers with three children are the most stressed

1 1/2 (Turns 2 on July)

stressed as in general? Luckily we have her family here to help us out, her mom is a blessing man...goes out the way just to help us and not see us worry.

if you have a "good" inl-aw, and not ones that complicates stuff, appreciate them however you can :lol:

didn't really read so maybe it's single income families specifically

my wife works full time as well...actually just started a second part time job as a dental hygiene clinical instructor at a local community college...hoping that becomes a full time gig down the road to day of some huge dividends for tuition :D

my wife stresses out very easily, she was leaving to go out of town this past Sunday for a continuing education course and scraped the rear end of one of our vehicles against our retaining wall :smh:

our parents don't live far away but aren't in our pocket...my father in law comes up to see the kids almost every weekend and often times takes the girls to Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's, my mother in law is not reliable, my mom watches our kids two days a week so we can afford daycare/life which I'm very grateful for

didn't really read so maybe it's single income families specifically

my wife works full time as well...actually just started a second part time job as a dental hygiene clinical instructor at a local community college...hoping that becomes a full time gig down the road to day of some huge dividends for tuition :D

my wife stresses out very easily, she was leaving to go out of town this past Sunday for a continuing education course and scraped the rear end of one of our vehicles against our retaining wall :smh:

our parents don't live far away but aren't in our pocket...my father in law comes up to see the kids almost every weekend and often times takes the girls to Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's, my mother in law is not reliable, my mom watches our kids two days a week so we can afford daycare/life which I'm very grateful for

Full time, part time AND being a mom? no wonder she stressing.

Not here to tell you what to do or saying youre not doing this but, be there for her man.

Remind her that the hard work will pay off in the future. Help out any can. Simple stuff like that, they need to hear to take the edge off.

My wife has panic attacks EASY, when she stresses its even worse. I just talk to her and remind her to breath. She gets back to normal within seconds.

Even more than being there for her, do stuff around the house without her having to mention it. Cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, laudry, diapers, whatever.

One thing I've learned is that women think about everything they need to do at home all day and that's what can be overwhelming. When they at work with lots to do or deal with they are simultaneously thinking about all the things that need to be done before they can finally rest. So if you see something is out of order, get that taken care of ASAP and let her know that it's done so she can erase that off her to-do list and lift that weight off her back

Full time, part time AND being a mom? no wonder she stressing.

Not here to tell you what to do or saying youre not doing this but, be there for her man.

Remind her that the hard work will pay off in the future. Help out any can. Simple stuff like that, they need to hear to take the edge off.

My wife has panic attacks EASY, when she stresses its even worse. I just talk to her and remind her to breath. She gets back to normal within seconds.
her primary job is 32 hours and her part time is 8 hours...she'll have winter and summer breaks since it's college

I'm there for her but when I'm at work and she's home with all three (which is every Friday and maybe every other Saturday morning) I'll get text messages in all caps saying she's going to smack someone or throw kids out the window :lol:

Even more than being there for her, do stuff around the house without her having to mention it. Cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, laudry, diapers, whatever.

One thing I've learned is that women think about everything they need to do at home all day and that's what can be overwhelming. When they at work with lots to do or deal with they are simultaneously thinking about all the things that need to be done before they can finally rest. So if you see something is out of order, get that taken care of ASAP and let her know that it's done so she can erase that off her to-do list and lift that weight off her back
I do a lot around the house between cleaning and the kids (making sure they're fed, getting the girls to bed every night, getting the baby to bed as well when my wife is working at the college, taking care of the dogs, etc.)

I do a lot around the house between cleaning and the kids (making sure they're fed, getting the girls to bed every night, getting the baby to bed as well when my wife is working at the college, taking care of the dogs, etc.)

I'm not sayin' you don't, just sayin' most women have all that stuff on they mind throughout the day. Doing those things and communicating with her that they have been completed gives her a bit of peace of mind

So you dads ever have lull with your wife in bed? She’s stating she’s always too tired cause our daughter is a night owl. Issue is I’m so knocked out I don’t hear our daughter and when I do she’s super attached to my wife. Just trying to reignite that passion.

So you dads ever have lull with your wife in bed? She’s stating she’s always too tired cause our daughter is a night owl. Issue is I’m so knocked out I don’t hear our daughter and when I do she’s super attached to my wife. Just trying to reignite that passion.

Get the baby a sitter or spend the night at gparents cribs.

Fancy *** dinner
Hotel
Do your thing.
Go home next day refreshed.

The key to this is make effort to makr time for each other...rather than saying "im tired"

Both of my boys are. My girl was hesitant to get it done with the newborn but I told her to trust me and do it now because if he is 15-16 years old and decides he wants it done then he’s going to feel that and remember that pain. As a newborn he will never remember it.

Back
Top Bottom