Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Maybe he’s going for the Jackson 5
Mother of God, why? Hanson got in as a 3 piece. Your pop star dreams are still in full effect.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've grew up with literally no family, just my little bro.
Haven't had a relationship with my parents since 16, and i guess that is why im like this. Having a big family has been my thing for some time now.

20181228_103313.jpg
My son hate taking pics lol be having to sneak pics & ****
Late but Im down for a parent meet up. Im in Atl by the way

Had my second child one month ago today. It’s been a fun and amazing experience all around. I’m soaking it all in and enjoying it much more my second time around.

My oldest is 16. I was fresh out of high school when he was born, so from a maturity perspective and just overall awareness perspective it’s been totally differnet this second time around from the pregnancy, taking care of the baby and everything.

Had my second child one month ago today. It’s been a fun and amazing experience all around. I’m soaking it all in and enjoying it much more my second time around.

My oldest is 16. I was fresh out of high school when he was born, so from a maturity perspective and just overall awareness perspective it’s been totally differnet this second time around from the pregnancy, taking care of the baby and everything.
Hey congrats man.

Also, 16 year old? Dude...free baby sitter!

I’m in a similar situation. My oldest will be 14 in May I had him when I was 15 freshman year of high school. Second was born February 7 so he will be 6 weeks tomorrow.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've grew up with literally no family, just my little bro.
Haven't had a relationship with my parents since 16, and i guess that is why im like this. Having a big family has been my thing for some time now.
I always envisioned a life with two kids

Ideally, a boy and a girl

I had two girls, I know everyone on my parents side of the family had always hoped for a boy when me and my wife had our girls because my sister had two daughters, my parents had a granddaughter born just hours before our second daughter was born

I was cool with two girl but mistakes happen :lol:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's all good though, it's just a big adjustment and it's a lot more work, effort, and stress going from 2 to 3

I just feel bad that there's less one on one time w/ the older two because my wife usually takes the baby up to bed at 7PM (sometimes I do) and
immediately gets in bed following that and I have both the girls where it can be difficult to try and spend some time doing something before bed

the other night I did have an opportunity to do Legos before bed with my oldest and she has been asking me to finish building the Lego set w/ her every night ever since but I haven't been able to :frown:

Any updates???

Wifes water broke @ 2am. Currently 4cm dilated so were waiting atm. My first son!

He was born 9:40pm on 3/18.

It’s been a crazy last couple of days. Wife thought her water broke but apparently it was just pee. The doctor decided to keep her in the hospital because her blood pressure was too high. It kept rising so we decided to go the induction route. Wife took a shower before she was about to take the induction medicine and then baby boys heart rate dropped on 2 occasions. Doctors and nurses rushed in trying to position my wife so his heart rate could jump back up. It worked but doctors said they didn’t want that to happen during induction so we decided to do a c-section. Everything went well. His heart rate dropped because the cord was around his neck so thank god we made the right decision. I won’t lie, I have never been that scared in my life but then we heard him crying and the rush of happiness was overwhelming :lol:

8lbs 1oz and 20.5” long. Here is Yannick

A877F0A0-BA7B-4211-9BCE-7B04DD7FEBE4.jpeg

Congrats to all the recent new fathers..

The Kid brought his report card home and got straight A's..Since first grade started he's had 19 quarters of school and every single one has been A's across the board..He'll make Principal's List (above honor roll at his school) for the 5th year in a row..

Plus we went to his beginner band recital today and he was pretty solid..Another kid in the percussion section took my son's sheet music when they changed instruments so Cooper (my boy) had to play the whole song just from memory..He nailed it!..#ProudFather #MySonIsSmarterThanIEverWas #BlessedByGod

Long post, buckle up buttercup

Son got suspended from school for 3 days a couple of weeks ago for bringing stink bombs to school and settin' em off in his Chinese class smh. So of course during our regular stuff with fam and friends we did the usual parents game where you tell people how ya kid messed up and everybody talks to em for a bit.

Yesterday took my girls to the park, he was supposed to come but kid couldn't tell me the last time he took a shower (like legit stood there thinking for a good 15 secs when I asked him when the last time he washed his a**) smh. So he stayed home, washed his body and cleaned up. While we was at the park seen this young kid who brought his toy gun to the park and I immediately started thinking about Tamir Rice and how disgusting it is for somebody to had called the cops on a child and that child be murdered over something so miniscule.

So after dinner I sat my son down and talked with him and my wife about Tamir Rice's death and how we as black men have to be more aware of what we are doing and where we are in order for us to survive. And told him that although he may have thought the example his mother gave him of how his situation could have been worse if somebody had called the police and told them that he (my son) had a bomb and the cops/SWAT rolls up and kills him may have seemed dramatic but Tamir Rice is an example of how something so innocent can result in utter destruction.

Tears was welling up telling him about Tamir and told him to remember that name.

Long post, buckle up buttercup

Son got suspended from school for 3 days a couple of weeks ago for bringing stink bombs to school and settin' em off in his Chinese class smh. So of course during our regular stuff with fam and friends we did the usual parents game where you tell people how ya kid messed up and everybody talks to em for a bit.

Yesterday took my girls to the park, he was supposed to come but kid couldn't tell me the last time he took a shower (like legit stood there thinking for a good 15 secs when I asked him when the last time he washed his a**) smh. So he stayed home, washed his body and cleaned up. While we was at the park seen this young kid who brought his toy gun to the park and I immediately started thinking about Tamir Rice and how disgusting it is for somebody to had called the cops on a child and that child be murdered over something so miniscule.

So after dinner I sat my son down and talked with him and my wife about Tamir Rice's death and how we as black men have to be more aware of what we are doing and where we are in order for us to survive. And told him that although he may have thought the example his mother gave him of how his situation could have been worse if somebody had called the police and told them that he (my son) had a bomb and the cops/SWAT rolls up and kills him may have seemed dramatic but Tamir Rice is an example of how something so innocent can result in utter destruction.

Tears was welling up telling him about Tamir and told him to remember that name.

Damn.

Man, sitting in that park looking at that kids toy gun it's all I could think about.

Me and my wife admitted to our son that it's not fair but unfortunately it's reality for us as black men to be this cautious. But also let him know that although it's unsafe for him to play with certain toys/games in the public we can still provide a safe environment for him to play with those things.

But I also made it clear to him that in his situation of bringing stink bombs to school is absolutely a bad idea and is completely inexcusable.

It's a scary world we live in and we have to do what we can to provide our kids with the necessary tools to make it

Back
Top Bottom