Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

20210915_184523.jpg

Whip game proper.

Do y’all feel like you’re missing out on life by having a kid or do y’all feel like you would be missing out on life by not having a kid?

I got a lot of friends on this "no kids" bandwagon. I honestly just think it is short sighted. Sure working 60 hours a week trying to make money to live for the weekend so you can go out/travel whatever is cool...but not when you are 45 years old. I could probably write a diatribe on it but to keep it brief, kids don't force you to miss out on anything in life. If you want to do something you can do it with or without a kid. But my baby girl just turned 5 months old...and i don't know what i was doing in life before she got here. I love that little thing so much

Having kids when you're older is definitely the move. Saw a lot of my friends who had kids at a young age struggle (and continue to struggle). Glad I took my time to save my money and build upon my career so that I could do it all comfortably. Next step is starting my own business so I can ultimately have more time to raise my kid(s). I know it won't be like that at first but I know it's the next step.

I love my husband but he’s going to tell me what I want to hear sometimes to avoid abw.

my son gonna ask why my shirt don’t fit anymore

I know exactly what you meant.

Just cause I’m married doesn’t mean I’d recommend it to anyone else. It’s hard a hell living with someone.

we still love them but like you said…we all tolerate and say what keeps us in peace 😂

Do y’all feel like you’re missing out on life by having a kid or do y’all feel like you would be missing out on life by not having a kid?

very interesting question. i'm a new dad at 30, and my little guy is just over a month old. i always knew that i wanted to have kids some day. even though i'm still a very new dad, i definitely feel like there would be a void in my life if i never had kids.

i grew out of the partying stage of my life a while ago, so i definitely do not feel like i'm missing out in that regard. i still go out and whatnot here and there, but i'd much rather spend time at home with my son than at some bar/club.

since the covid breakout, i've fully embraced being more of a home body. quarantine also allowed me to evaluate my relationships differently. i stopped associating myself with friends/people that do not challenge me to be better or have the same outlook on life. i just dont have anything in common with those that just wanna blow thousands at the club every weekend. in fact, one "friend" made a bit of a snide comment about not wanting to have kids "early", because he wants to be able to travel and "do stuff". he's also 30, so i dont know what he considers early. it irked me bc he was implying that i cant have fun anymore because i cant go on Cabo trips or Vegas etc. anymore. i could, but i honestly couldnt care less. i'm more excited about taking my son to Disney for the first time and showing him the world.

my life in the last month has been more fulfilling than i ever thought it would be. seeing my little dude smile makes me forget about all the bull**** in the world and appreciate the beauty of life.

I had kids when I was later in life as well. Had my son at age 40 and daughter at 42. Son is 7 now and daughter 5.

ARM UPDATE: It’s healing nicely after daughters arm injury. Pic below NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART.

9C864D15-0A5F-4FEC-9ADB-321D0426106F.jpeg

I had kids when I was later in life as well. Had my son at age 40 and daughter at 42. Son is 7 now and daughter 5.

ARM UPDATE: It’s healing nicely after daughters arm injury. Pic below NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART.

9C864D15-0A5F-4FEC-9ADB-321D0426106F.jpeg
That ain't bad at all, that will heal nicely and probably not even leave a scar depending on sun exposure.

my son had a play date at a friend’s house today. the kid’s parents are both physicians. huge house with a pool and waterfall. both sticklers for covid protocol. all that money and they couldn’t put the AC on and i was sweating in my mask the whole time. there was a girl classmate there too and apparently she said my son is her boyfriend and the mom was acting kinda salty about it. my wife handled it nicely but i couldn’t wait to get out of there and into the car with AC full blast. both the other kids are super nice though and my kid had a blast 🤷🏽‍♂️

my son had a play date at a friend’s house today. the kid’s parents are both physicians. huge house with a pool and waterfall. both sticklers for covid protocol. all that money and they couldn’t put the AC on and i was sweating in my mask the whole time. there was a girl classmate there too and apparently she said my son is her boyfriend and the mom was acting kinda salty about it. my wife handled it nicely but i couldn’t wait to get out of there and into the car with AC full blast. both the other kids are super nice though and my kid had a blast 🤷🏽‍♂️
Lol what your wife say

Man I hate going to someone's house and they are stingy as hell with the AC... especially when a lot of people are there and it gets hot quick

Lol what your wife say
the lady was saying that kids that young should just be friends and not boyfriend/girlfriend. my wife agreed and said that kaleb (my son) said that summer (her daughter) said that he should be her boyfriend and he said ok because he was being polite and (his words) “wanted to be kind”. so my wife kinda deflected it back to the other kid and deaded that convo pretty quick.

on the ride home she asked me if i heard all that and i chuckled. i told her the girl was too ugly for my son anyway and she just 🙄

the lady was saying that kids that young should just be friends and not boyfriend/girlfriend. my wife agreed and said that kaleb (my son) said that summer (her daughter) said that he should be her boyfriend and he said ok because he was being polite and (his words) “wanted to be kind”. so my wife kinda deflected it back to the other kid and deaded that convo pretty quick.

on the ride home she asked me if i heard all that and i chuckled. i told her the girl was too ugly for my son anyway and she just 🙄

:rofl: no fuglies for Kaleb. real talk though, idk how people are stingy with the AC. not tryna sound like a snob, but my house runs at 71 degrees MAX. based on how you described the kid's parents, hella odd that they'd be stingy about the AC., especially if they're expecting guests. it doesnt seem like cost is the issue. maybe the mom was salty before yall even got there lol.

My 16 month old daughter so attached to her mama. Me and my fiancé has a sleep schedule so I wake up with my daughter every morning. So it’s all good cause it’s just me. She’s all over me, wants to play…all that. The moment her mama walks in the room, it’s like I don’t even exist for the rest of the day :lol: like I’m a stranger or something.

At times a feel bummed but I understand.

Back
Top Bottom