Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Anyone got some newborn advice?

She sleeps great during the day, but come nighttime and she won’t stay sleeping for more than an hour max, pick her up and let her lay on me and she knocks right back out…. And then as soon as I try to lay her in the crib again it’s back to crying.

Right now, my significant other and I are taking shifts as far as staying up with her…thought I had her calmed down in her crib where I could catch an hour and a half nap or so, and then as soon as I lay down she starts crying again.

I know after 3 months they sleep a little better, is this just my life for the next 3 months? Lol
Welcome to fatherhood ... Lol it'll get better

Do y’all think marriage or parenting is harder?

My kids are 11 and 7. Marriage is way harder. I’d have said parenting when they were babies 😂

It honestly depends on the day, but maintaining a healthy balance is equally important. If I take my attention away from one because everything seems to be fine, the universe has a funny way of humbling me. The result has been putting both above all else and placing friendships WAY at the bottom.

It honestly depends on the day, but maintaining a healthy balance is equally important. If I take my attention away from one because everything seems to be fine, the universe has a funny way of humbling me. The result has been putting both above all else and placing friendships WAY at the bottom.
I get that for sure. Part of me feels that isn’t ideal for the long run (putting your own **** and friendships last) but sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do to make things work for the short term.

I will say that parenting will take your marriage to new places and add new stressors. So you have to find a way to not lose yourself or sight of your kids or spouse in either. Sounds convulsed but it’s really not. And the process is definitely a challenge.

Brought my daughter a 2020 Honda Accord. 16 years just flew by. She’s getting it as a big reveal for her party tomorrow.

232FEE84-1AB4-4F80-A186-C4E85D341057.jpeg
E40BA116-DC98-41BE-AC78-23F388349B96.jpeg
4F86506B-C2D9-4DC4-BD61-353E7A038183.jpeg

I get that for sure. Part of me feels that isn’t ideal for the long run (putting your own **** and friendships last) but sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do to make things work for the short term.
No doubt. My thing with the kids is that they are only young and impressionable for a relatively short amount of time before they think they know everything. There’s only so long that you’re their hero and the most important person in their lives. I’ve never heard any responsible parent say they regret spending so much time with their kids and wish they had focused more on their job, friends, hobbies, etc. Quite the opposite, in fact. Thankfully my wife and I are on the same page and it doesn't cause any strife.

Last edited:
No doubt. My thing with the kids is that they are only young and impressionable for a relatively short amount of time before they think they know everything. There’s only so long that you’re their hero and the most important person in their lives. I’ve never heard any responsible parent say they regret spending so much time with their kids and wish they had focused more on their job, friends, hobbies, etc. Quite the opposite, in fact. Thankfully my wife and I are on the same page and it doesn't cause any strife.
I get that… there’s a lot of info out there suggesting parents put themselves and their relationship ahead of the children… which I agree with to a certain extent. I guess it’s more complicated than that. I’m not sure if you’re on that page or not. At the end of the day the parents need to be healthy, happy, united, strong, etc in order to lead, provide, influence, and love their kids in the best way. I’ve seen parents who always put their kids over all their needs, it’s very selfless, but their health, happiness, and marriage fall apart

I get that… there’s a lot of info out there suggesting parents put themselves and their relationship ahead of the children… which I agree with to a certain extent. I guess it’s more complicated than that. I’m not sure if you’re on that page or not. At the end of the day the parents need to be healthy, happy, united, strong, etc in order to lead, provide, influence, and love their kids in the best way. I’ve seen parents who always put their kids over all their needs, it’s very selfless, but their health, happiness, and marriage fall apart

I totally understand what you're saying and agree with it to an extent, but it's not my reality. If I had to choose between my wife or my kids, I choose both. I simply can't understand the logic that you have to put one ahead of the other. They both come first and I refuse to let either one fail. Once you start making a choice, you've already allowed your subconscious to decide that the second option is expendable.

It’s just me and the wife. No help, no family.

kids>me or the wife.

she’s career driven so I take care of prep, drop off and pick ups. I just want to be left alone for a few hours 😂.

she can go out, trips, whatever. I keep my *** at home with the kids.

I’m never remarrying so if it don’t work out, I’m still going to be a great dad.

just cause I got married doesn’t mean I believe in the institution or would advise anyone to do so.

same with kids. I love mine but I wouldn’t wish sleepless nights on anyone. Or ****ting in private 😂

Or ****ting in private 😂
I have been successful using the phrase "bathroom time is private time." Originally was used to keep them from walking into the bathroom together while one had to use it and the other talking. Came in maf clutch when the gang wants to join me in the bathroom and talk about nothing.

I have been successful using the phrase "bathroom time is private time." Originally was used to keep them from walking into the bathroom together while one had to use it and the other talking. Came in maf clutch when the gang wants to join me in the bathroom and talk about nothing.

I need to practice it. My son will run in the there to show me something he did on roblox or ask for food. He bypasses the mom in the living room to come to my bathroom. He’ll even walk back here to take his poops just so he can talk while he’s on the can 😂

Anyone got some newborn advice?

She sleeps great during the day, but come nighttime and she won’t stay sleeping for more than an hour max, pick her up and let her lay on me and she knocks right back out…. And then as soon as I try to lay her in the crib again it’s back to crying.

Right now, my significant other and I are taking shifts as far as staying up with her…thought I had her calmed down in her crib where I could catch an hour and a half nap or so, and then as soon as I lay down she starts crying again.

I know after 3 months they sleep a little better, is this just my life for the next 3 months? Lol

:lol: my daughter was like this and now my son is. It must just be a baby thing. During the day we can put him in the pack n play bassinet to sleep and he’s sleeping through 4 other kids being loud but at night wants nothing to do with sleeping until we hold him. Good for hour hour half then up.

At the hospital he slept like a champ all damn day n night :smh:

At what age did you guys get your girls ears pierced?

my little one 8 months today but I’m still indifferent cause I don’t want her in pain.

my little one 8 months today but I’m still indifferent cause I don’t want her in pain.
My lil one was 4 months. She cried which was expected but she did good. My fiancé couldn’t be in the room cause she didn’t wanna see her in pain.

my girls were young...infants still

just have momma there ready to pull that shirt down to make baby go face to nipple to suck on them things...crying instantly over

Last edited:

3 or 4 months I can’t remember exactly. Our thinking was to get it done before she is grabbing her ears and messing with them. She screamed when they did it but after that they didn’t seem to bother her at all.

Back
Top Bottom