Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My daugther spoke sooner and much more clear in pronounication than my son (he still talks with slight baby voice).
A lot of ppl have told us our daughther speaks very mature (where her cousin (same age) still had a bit of that baby lisp), but I don't think we did anything for that to happen, all kids are just different.

For shoes, we just get whatever is on sale they find comfy. I am conscious of trying to choose something that fits my kids foot vs something that is too narrow and will cram their toes.
My kids need: a pair of outdoor runners, a pair of indoor runners for classroom, pair of indoor runners for after school care, pair of winter boots, pair of water shoes for swimming lessons, and sandals for summer. All that adds up quickly lol

When my first child was younger, I would get nice sneakers (my sis managed to get SW 97/1's, black cement 3's, infrared 90's). I couldn't even get those pairs for myself lol.
She only got to wear some pairs 2-3 times because of winter and also outgrew them quickly.

Hopefully my son will get to wear some of those shoes are they are basically new. The sneakers are super cute when they are toddler sized, so it does make for a cute memory. I keep them with my boxes of sneakers.

Kids don't care anyways; they just want their favourite cartoon character or colour, and bonus if it lights up. lol

Side note to add on to what others have said in here, I think its important to be there and just show up for your kid and support them in everyway you can. Older one had a family play day at school one afternoon during the last week and was estatic just hearing that I could make it. Luckily I could take the time off, but had to push my take home work to late at night.

Keep it up NT and crush it this summer with the kiddos

When my first kid was born I had her in infant Jordans. Like $70 per on release day. Then we moved on to pre-school sizes at $90 per. It was like this all the way up until she started school (5 y/o). She had the columbia low XI (all white) on the first day of kindergarten. After the first week they were almost unrecognizable lol. Dirty, scuffed up, scratches.

I switched to buying regular old play Nikes/Adidas/Reebok at like $30-$50 price point. Kids don't give a **** about shoes. They want to play and get dirty and have fun. Most of the kids at her school are like this.

Back
Top Bottom