Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

View media item 1759799My daughter got citizen of the month in school.
Really proud of her. Taking her to dinner and a pumpkin patch this weekend.
I bought her one of those "Baby Alives" last week because she's been getting 90%-100% on her exams.
50 bucks for the toy [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I could not believe the screen when I saw it

Me and the wife pregnant again and we going the surprise route in regards to the sex of the baby. Seems very much like a boy in there. Anybody else wait till birth to find out

Found out this week that my son, who's in 2nd grade, is representing his grade in the school Spelling Bee..He'll be up against the 1st, 3rd, & 4th grade champs..So excited for him..He's very proud of himself and is anxious to compete..

my guy getting big he's almost 3 ...he's 3'4" 48 lbs lol breast milk baby lol.. Another boy due in December 1st...pray for me lol
Dec. 2nd bday here 
nthat.gif

Hopefully he holds out another 24 hours and makes the cut 
laugh.gif

Can we have discussion about the education system in here or is that something that won't get the proper attention?

I'm wondering how you all feel about the quality of education in your child(ren)s schools and surrounding areas? Do you feel that there needs to be improvement in the education system in this country as a whole or just changes within your current location?

I'm wondering how you all feel about the quality of education in your child(ren)s schools and surrounding areas? Do you feel that there needs to be improvement in the education system in this country as a whole or just changes within your current location?
I think the school system locally should be improved first. I feel like it's been going downhill since I graduated in 2003.

The school district I reside in, does not have good schools at all. This is one of the things my wife and I are already discussing if we should relocate to a city that has really good public schools. We both went to public schools in districts that lacked resources for the students. It's terrible...and I can only think of how bad it is now.

Dec. 2nd bday here :nthat:
Hopefully he holds out another 24 hours and makes the cut :lol:
tbh I was praying he come after thanksgiving dinner lol... my first son is a new year baby 1-1-13 so I want to keep the holiday theme going lol.. or he can wait until Christmas but his mom would be pissed lol

I think the school system locally should be improved first. I feel like it's been going downhill since I graduated in 2003.

The school district I reside in, does not have good schools at all. This is one of the things my wife and I are already discussing if we should relocate to a city that has really good public schools. We both went to public schools in districts that lacked resources for the students. It's terrible...and I can only think of how bad it is now.

I may be radical when I think this, but I believe that summer vacation should be done away with. On top of all of the other issues within local districts and nationally, we give students 3 months to forget what they "learned" the year before. My daughter is in 2nd grade and they're still going over addition from the year before :smh: .

I see parents talking about their child's grades and how great they're doing and I'm conflicted because I like to see the youngsters doing great in school, but on the other side I'm thinking how lackluster the education is in the schools. My daughter gets A's on her homework and tests but I expect that from her because she is more advanced than the work that she's given. I told her teacher that we had her multiplication and division and she said nervously "they don't usually learn that until 3rd grade"

We're trying to get her in "gifted" classes but she has to test for it and meet a certain benchmark in order to qualify :stoneface: as if the decades of standard tests have had any positive impact.

I'm not here to unload my grievances and what not, just want so much more for my child and the rest of the children in this country and it's like it gets ignored.

Last edited:
I may be radical when I think this, but I believe that summer vacation should be done away with. On top of all of the other issues within local districts and nationally, we give students 3 months to forget what they "learned" the year before. My daughter is in 2nd grade and they're still going over addition from the year before
mean.gif

I see parents talking about their child's grades and how great they're doing and I'm conflicted because I like to see the youngsters doing great in school, but on the other side I'm thinking how lackluster the education is in the schools. My daughter gets A's on her homework and tests but I expect that from her because she is more advanced than the work that she's given. I told her teacher that we had her multiplication and division and she said nervously "they don't usually learn that until 3rd grade"

We're trying to get her in "gifted" classes but she has to test for it and meet a certain benchmark in order to qualify
indifferent.gif
as if the decades of standard tests have had any positive impact.

I'm not here to unload my grievances and what not, just want so much more for my child and the rest of the children in this country and it's like it gets ignored.
Yeah, I don't think my elementary school taught multiplying/dividing till 3rd grade either
eyes.gif

My sister also said that summer break should be dealt with, as well.

Kind of scary who the school system is...lack of funding for new teaching material, the quality of the teachers, and now all the creep teachers want to mess with kids.

My local city schools are garbage, but I don't have to worry about that because my son goes to a private school on scholarship..So he gets a $5,500 education for free..His school is well ahead of our city schools..A little boy down the street who's my son's best friend and also went to pre-school with goes to our closest elementary school (both are in 2nd grade) and Cooper knows way more stuff than that kid..I've told his parents that they'd easily qualify for the scholarship, but they say they love the public school..:smh:

Back
Top Bottom