Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Hey question fellas did y'all littles ones ever grunt and coo in their sleep? My little one does and she gets pretty loud sometimes.

yes, all kinds of noises. Their brain and nervous system are developing. It's completely normal.
Good to hear man, I chalked it up to her being gassy well that's what the Internet told me. :smh:

Gotta stay off Web Dr that place will scare the living **** out of you.

At what age did yall start potty training?

My son tosses and turns and throws the blanket off of himself.
Started to try at 3 but nothing serious.  Just wanted her to be trained by the time she goes to preschool... Didn't really rush it since I know when she's ready, she will just do it.  So when the time came, it only took us a couple of days before she go it down...  

We'll see on my 2nd daughter 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I started potty training about 2 months after my sons 2nd bday. He's not even three yet and is in underwear. The earlier you start (pull ups) the better.

Currently trying to potty train my 2.5 year old. I don't push it. Just ask him if he wants to try. Sometimes he comes up and tells us he needs to go, but when he sits down, he doesn't do anything. We are getting there. Had some successes, but nothing consistent. 

Also, are you training your sons to stand to pee from the beginning? My thought was to train him sitting down until he gets the sensation down, then do the cheerio thing with standing. 

Also, are you training your sons to stand to pee from the beginning? My thought was to train him sitting down until he gets the sensation down, then do the cheerio thing with standing. 
I taught my son sitting down and now at 5 he acts scared to even try standing.  Definitely waited too long, but need to get it going ASAP.

my son learned sitting down but he only did it for a few days like that after he saw all the boys doing it standing up at school.

in order to move up from the toddler class, the schools he went to said he has to be fully potty trained. we started at 2.5 years and he got the pee down pretty quickly. taking a dump in the potty took plenty of finesse though. i got it to where he would be wearing underwear all the time but if he had to take a dump, he would go put on a pull up and do his thing. it was like clockwork after dinner. so after he did that for a bit, i made him stand by the potty when he took a dump. when he got that down, i transitioned him to the potty. he started holding his crap for days at a time and it made me nervous. bribing him with new trucks did the trick.

Currently trying to potty train my 2.5 year old. I don't push it. Just ask him if he wants to try. Sometimes he comes up and tells us he needs to go, but when he sits down, he doesn't do anything. We are getting there. Had some successes, but nothing consistent. 

My little guy is 2.5 also and he has started going while sitting down when he feels like it. He'll go if I challenge him to a race to the bathroom lol. But I'd also appreciate any tips or pointers you guys can give.

My little guy is 2.5 also and he has started going while sitting down when he feels like it. He'll go if I challenge him to a race to the bathroom lol. But I'd also appreciate any tips or pointers you guys can give.
We tried everything with my son and what finally worked was taping up a potty chart (see example image attached) on his wall where he got to put a sticker every time he used the potty until he got to the treasure, which earned him a prize (picked up a bunch of toys from the dollar store and put them in a bucket) of his choice.  After finishing a bunch of different charts, he had it down.

Just google "potty charts" and there's a ton of free ones you can find with different characters, themes, etc.

Last edited:
My son can't even get it all in the potty when he's sitting down. NO WAY I'm going to teach him to stand up until we can get past that phase.

He'll still play in his room and poop his underwear and not even tell us until we walk in the room sometimes.

We're making progress though. He'll give us the right answer when we ask him what he needs to do. Now it's just a matter of getting him to act on it.

I honestly didn't believe people when they said how bad potty training was. SOO many ways to have accidents I didn't even know were possible. Like literally, my ability to be disgusted by anything is almost entirely gone at this point.

My son can't even get it all in the potty when he's sitting down. NO WAY I'm going to teach him to stand up until we can get past that phase.

He'll still play in his room and poop his underwear and not even tell us until we walk in the room sometimes.

We're making progress though. He'll give us the right answer when we ask him what he needs to do. Now it's just a matter of getting him to act on it.

I honestly didn't believe people when they said how bad potty training was. SOO many ways to have accidents I didn't even know were possible. Like literally, my ability to be disgusted by anything is almost entirely gone at this point.
This right here. I've been thrown up on, pooped on, peed on so many times, nothing fazes me anymore.

We tried everything with my son and what finally worked was taping up a potty chart (see example image attached) on his wall where he got to put a sticker every time he used the potty until he got to the treasure, which earned him a prize (picked up a bunch of toys from the dollar store and put them in a bucket) of his choice.  After finishing a bunch of different charts, he had it down.

Just google "potty charts" and there's a ton of free ones you can find with different characters, themes, etc.
Good looking out. I'm gonna try this and see how it goes. Will report back with findings. 

This right here. I've been thrown up on, pooped on, peed on so many times, nothing fazes me anymore.

+1

I'm going to try the potty chart as well. Someone also told me to take your kid to the store and let them pick out their own underwear and it will help them? I'll try anything right now. :lol:

6 months in the pregnancy, the bigger my girl gets the more real it becomes, man im so nervous and scared and excited [emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

Bout to take my elder 2 (14,12) tonight and teach em how to drive.. Bout to hit up some random parking lots.. Should b fun :smokin

Daughter slept on her own Wednesday night. 

Was right back in our bed last night.
eyes.gif

Yalls sex life go down dramatically when your kids are born and as they get older?
Daughter was born 10 months ago and I can say that our sex life has gone down.

It's a bummer at times, but I have to realize, sometimes it's good. Because when the urges are really strong...that could mean baby #2 and we're not ready for that anytime soon 
laugh.gif

My wife turned into a Savage post kid.

Got me thinking she trying to get pregnant.
Yeah when we do have times to ourselves, she REALLY wants it. 

Fine by me. 
pimp.gif

But there were times were it was too good and things ended too quickly 
mean.gif
 I felt so ashamed 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom