Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I've been in the Navy for the last 20 years.

I took my son to my command and we have Helo's there. I'm the Division Officer for the Ordnance shop so he got to see some guns and sit in the cockpit of one of the Helo's.

My son stared PreK the other day and he told all the kids in his class that I was a pilot....

My wife told me he was saying it with such pride she didn't want to correct him..

My son is so dope!!!

I would REALLY appreciate the NT Dads input in this situation.
My daughter just turned 13.
Since she turned 13 she hasn’t been wanting to come over on the weekends (Friday-Sunday court ordered)
Today I went to go pick her up and she didn’t even open the door. I called her mom and her mom said “what do you want me to do if she doesn’t want to go”
It broke my heart. Left back home crying.
I been thinking about it all day.
I sent them a message tonight saying
“If you want me out of the picture then please let me know” I told them I’d be out of the picture for the month of August. To not call me or hit me up or anything. That I hope that will make them appreciate me more.
But I honestly don’t know if that was the right move or not. I feel so hurt and lost.
You cool with BM? Don’t ever give up on your kids cause they never give up on you. Even if they talk ****, that’s them venting how much they miss you. Sadness always turned into anger

Since she turned 13 she hasn’t been wanting to come over on the weekends (Friday-Sunday court ordered)
Today I went to go pick her up and she didn’t even open the door. I called her mom and her mom said “what do you want me to do if she doesn’t want to go”
“If you want me out of the picture then please let me know” I told them I’d be out of the picture for the month of August. To not call me or hit me up or anything. That I hope that will make them appreciate me more.
But I honestly don’t know if that was the right move or not. I feel so hurt and lost.
Question… do you take her out on the weekends? Or do any activities with her?

reason why i ask, my step son is 10 and he doesn’t like going with his dad on the weekends. And it’s because the dad just takes him to his house and doesn’t do anything with him.

That's rough man.

As a general rule i try to never take action when i'm upset or in pain.

I don't think you sending that message was the right move.

I would contact them again, explain why you sent the initial message and then let her know you really want to get this situation figured out.

I hope things get better for you. And have you tried asking her why she doesn’t want to go? Especially a girl…could be a pre-teen I want to be closer to my friends or something type deal. Are you and the bm cool? She could’ve gave you a heads up because I’m sure she told her mom prior to you driving over there. But I think it would be good if all 3 of y’all could sit down and find out the reason why. Sounds like there’s more to it. And text messages can be lost in tone and translation. Good luck bro.

I took my son to my command and we have Helo's there. I'm the Division Officer for the Ordnance shop so he got to see some guns and sit in the cockpit of one of the Helo's.

My son stared PreK the other day and he told all the kids in his class that I was a pilot....

My wife told me he was saying it with such pride she didn't want to correct him..

My son is so dope!!!
This is so awesome! That’s one of my goals too before hanging it up, to take my 3 year old on a ship before I get out. He already saw me promote at my ceremony. But he would lose his mind on a ship.

My son is so dope!!!
A class full of kids think you're a pilot, so you're a pilot now. When's lift off?

-foe

had no idea yall were enlisted. Salute. preciate ya

:emoji_punch:

19 years enlisted, took my commission and I gotta pay em back 6 years but if I can keep going to expeditionary sqadrons, I will give em the full 30.

These expeditionary sqadrons are the biz....

Thanks for the support bro!

My little humans...

IMG_9373.jpg
IMG_9371.jpg

14964FE6-2989-4ED9-8E4A-46F724B2650C.jpeg

208882D7-B48D-4AD6-B514-1F8FC0967F47.jpeg
002AB879-5EB9-4B27-A563-8D9BCBD7DF2F.jpeg

Son starts TK next week so I pulled him out of daycare for 2 weeks so we could get out and do stuff before reality hits his ***. Been working remote for a year and a half so we’ve been sleeping in and leaving to daycare 10-10:30 and now school is 7:45am and I gotta go back to campus :tear

lil girl turned 4 months today and he’s a great big bro when his *** isn’t on roblox 🤦‍♂️
DE6BD081-5B7D-41BB-8D96-7B9B7EB9EED7.jpeg

Thanks! I feel bad for my wife. After everything she went through, little guy looks just like me :lol: he might have her hair, but that’s it.

bendover bendover I wouldnt not talk to her or the mom I would ask her why she dont want to come over & see if she will be honest.
But I will say this since I have a 15 yo teenager. Even though I post my son I tell him all the time that if he didnt need money or want food he wouldnt talk to me or see me either. He likes lives in a bubble where he just want to do what he wants to do. He lives with me because schools in my county are better & I have to make him go see his mom. Not because they have a bad relarionship or anything but because he feels what he got going on is more important & she be hurt. He dont call anyone or text I have to literally make him. I'll pick him up from wrestling practice or just go get a haircut & he literally says nothing to me just rides. So it could just be the teenage stage.

Son starts TK at a catholic school Monday and we can’t walk him in cause of the vid. My anxiety is high and im
Just down.

I get it but we’re vaccinated. Principal said 3 cases and they have to go to remote learning smh. Im gonna lose it Monday 😂

Meanwhile I have to go to campus Monday with a full load and still no mention of what happens if numbers go up. LAUSD hid summer numbers because it was only like 5% capacity.

Divorced dads of NT...

What was the moment that you decided to end it all?
Tuff one.
but for me it was the constant leaving me for her family than rather be with me. We were
Married for almost 9
Yrs and lived together for only 1.5 of those yrs. I was in the military and had been to Iraq and Afghanistan during the some intense fighting and figured that was understandable but when she didn’t wanna be with me While i
Was away for a measly 3 months (60 miles away) I took that personally. She was never happy without her family and I got that but now she was choosing her family and my family(3 boys) to go across the country I knew it was time for a change. Hardest decision ever and could of been done differently but that’s the road I chose.
shorty put me through the ringer for
Child support n alimony. But im
Almost done with it now after 10 yrs. started over and got remarried 2 yrs ago and loving life now. So there is happiness at the end of the tunnel.

Back
Top Bottom