Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

my coworkers...jokingly.
i work at a children's hospital about 85% women and my coworkers (mostly all mothers) made jokes like, "damn why do you need so much time off? did your vagina break? :lol: "
"your wife had the baby not you." stuff like that. now we def are cool enough that we can make these kinds of jokes to each other so i wasn't offended. but they all had to pick up the slack of me being off and although they were joking, they really did want me back.
my immediate boss didn't really shame me. she made jokes too but actually defended my time off. she more so just told me how everyone was complaining to her and asking her when i was coming back. manipulative...
now my boss's boss was trying to say things to me like, "you know most dads only take 2 weeks off." stuff like that even though that has absolutely nothing to do with me.
you can tell the chicks felt some type of way about a dad getting the same amount of time off for a baby as a mom does.

i didn't solely come back because of them but hearing these things def influenced my decision to come back sooner than i was allowed and it def doesn't help.
This is so awful and I’m sorry you had to go through it. We faced a similar situation. A lot of pressure to not take time. My husband took his full six weeks, though. He didn’t get as much flack because our son was very early and we had a very long NICU journey. It was always so gross he was attempting to justify not being at work to his boss when our child was fighting for his life. He also faces pressure not to use his vacation time. It’s totally ridiculous.

Spring break festivities with my oldest. He absolutely loves baseball. So we hit nats park today. On the way there he asked me to sign him up for a million other sports. I’m going to be broke before a he’s 10.
E06A8828-83B7-4EB1-A209-8084117B0727.jpeg

my 8 year old got herself in some **** and doesn't know it yet...didn't bring it up this morning for the sake of being able to get through the morning without too much stress

my wife realized last night she had some unauthorized charges from apple on her credit card...looked a little harder and it has been going on since the beginning of the year

she called to file disputes and as she was doing that started wondering if maybe our daughter did it on her phone (which I never thought she should have had in the first place but my wife insisted when there was an incident where I went to pick her up from the after school program and she wasn't at her sisters school yet...she takes a bus from her school to her sisters school)

when she was sleeping I put her finger on the home button to view subscriptions and purchases and there was a bunch of Roblox charges, apple music, etc.

not sure how she was able to purchase because the cvv code is not saved in the phone from what we could se and my wife lost the physical card months ago and only uses it for online purchases

:angry::smh:my daughter made over $400 in purchases for apple crap over the course of three months...phone and tablet for this kid is done for a long time

not sure what a fit punishment would be outside of that would be

throw-kid.gif
Werent you able to click that button to get your money back? I’ve done that a ton and it just gets credited back in like 2 days

This is one I caught lol smh

BB239EF0-D36E-40BE-8B9C-3C0E2EA1AC40.jpeg

never used no paternity leave :lol:. Remember going to work after the deliveries. Like you’re the reason I gotta work after work

Went to my son's T-ball game right after work the other day. Got there while they were throwing the ball around before the game. He saw me and was mad excited. When they were in the dugout he kept saying "hi daddy!!" Up to bat and on the field he would run over to where we were sitting and was so excited. After the game one of the kids grandma's came up to me and said "your son was so happy to see you, you're doing a great job" made me feel good all day yesterday :lol:

Werent you able to click that button to get your money back? I’ve done that a ton and it just gets credited back in like 2 days

This is one I caught lol smh

BB239EF0-D36E-40BE-8B9C-3C0E2EA1AC40.jpeg
she did

they gave back everything but a measly $6.99 charge for Minecraft

my wife appealed it

Went to my son's T-ball game right after work the other day. Got there while they were throwing the ball around before the game. He saw me and was mad excited. When they were in the dugout he kept saying "hi daddy!!" Up to bat and on the field he would run over to where we were sitting and was so excited. After the game one of the kids grandma's came up to me and said "your son was so happy to see you, you're doing a great job" made me feel good all day yesterday :lol:
My daughter always has to pee and is on the field dancing and they have to sub her out if she's on defense or worse case if she's on base she gotta hurry up and make it home and then run out the dug out and i throw her over my shoulder and run her to the bathroom. One of the many hilarities or common occurrences that reminds you these girls are 4, 5, and 6. And in the outfield they be out there picking flowers, chasing butterflies, all that, its adorable.

You should make her work for every $ she spent. Give her minimum wage then tax her accordingly. Teach her to how hard it is to make money.

took a few days off both times my wife gave birth. going back to work was important cause that’s where i got to nap.
When my first was born I took two weeks off vacation to stay home and help because my employer at that time didn’t offer any benefits

Second child, my employer had one week paid time off benefit

Third child, my employer changed it from one week paid time off to six weeks…had to be taken in one week increments…my some was 5 days late so he wasn’t able to start daycare at six weeks like his sisters so when my wife went back to work I took a week off

First day started out with me having a breakfast sandwich with a bourbon barrel aged stout and turning on The Godfather trilogy :smokin

All my kids were off from school today so I took off work

CD84D842-42B1-4327-8922-C85E97D25164.jpeg
D3497523-C98A-4BB9-B30F-99CF02686F3A.jpeg
7A6F20D5-010D-41B1-88F3-7AEB6669CDC3.jpeg
BFA0E164-6290-45EC-BC86-01F3174E0004.jpeg

It must be the shirt
B28FFCD1-E813-4010-9499-FAE9F54CBB0A.jpeg

What age did yall let your kids play outside by themselves without your supervision? Just around the house/yard but still without constant supervison.

i was cleaning out a few drawers and came across an old point and shoot camera, so i decided to give it to my 5 year old son. he had a blast with it, taking pictures of everything around the house. it was like he got a new toy or something. a few hours later i went to see what kind of pics he took and there were a couple pics of his mushroom :rofl:

Man my wife and I are getting super annoyed with these grandparents and our baby hasn’t even gotten here yet. We live about 45 minutes away and everybody thinks we’re just going to be leaving our child with them. We’re like no way. We’re not going to rob them of the experience but they’re definitely over stepping boundaries

it's annoying man.

I appreciate my mom, she helps me a lot but gets overbearing. especially since my daughter moved out of state. super dramatic and negative.

like yeah I don't have her every weekend but I get her every time she's off school which is a lot and all summer so I actually spend more time with her. like yeah I get it it's hard sometimes and a change but being super negative about it doesn't help. plus she's doing super well in school down there and got in that set design program and she's wanted to do that her whole life and we don't exactly have a big film industry in mn. :lol:

I feel you bruh…it’s definitely annoying and my wife is only 18 weeks. I’m so tired of hearing oh y’all shouldn’t buy xyz until the baby shower because people are going to get it for you. That may or may not be true…if it is true it’s not going to have the same safety features we would like it to have. We asked that people didn’t buy the big stuff(carseat,crib etc) as we wanted to get that ourselves. I’m tired of hearing the grandparents say oh we’re always going to have your child no you won’t he will be with his parents where he belongs. Of course we will need a break but this whole overnight visits that they are pushing for will not happen. I informed my mom that if it wasn’t for the grandparents we wouldn’t be having a baby shower as my wife and I are super low key. She had the audacity to say well I would’ve thrown y’all one regardless with or without y’all and just brought the gifts the nerve of these people:smh::smh::smh:. I’m glad we’re about 45 minutes away because they are already driving us crazy. I am really trying to understand their point of view as I know they are excited but the unsolicited advice isn’t welcomed at all

Ohhhhh just you wait until the holidays bro, you’re going love that one.

All the fam comes into town demanding you plan around them.

Man I wish someone would come take my 2 yr old up off us for a little bit. Actually, my mom and my sister are willing but I don't want to do that to them just yet til she gets at least more solidly potty trained (she is but like to no diapers) and can sleep at night because she'll legit keep the entire house up.

:rofl:Everybody says that but idk man I can’t see it right now me and my wife don’t do much around the crib and my dad was locked up pretty much my whole life so I’m trying to spend as much time with him as I can lol and the wife is only giving me one

Back
Top Bottom