Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Happy new years NT dads!
1000020374.jpg
Ur kid so cute
And props for finding a black woman

We all got this over the summer. Just to warn you, my sons finger nails and toe nails all fell off from it about a month after he got better. Freaked us out until we figured out what it was from. Weirdest illness we’ve had by far.

My wife and myself too had nails peeling off (3-4 months after) We couldn't figure out why initially and then we clued in it must have been hand, foot, mouth (confirmed after I looked it up). it's a lot less now (basically nothing) but I still had one toenail peeling. I read it can affect your nails up to 18 months! The throat sores were so painful for me that I didn't eat for 2-3 days, it wasn't worth it smh.

Happy New Years Fam! Heres to another year of great memories in the making.

My goal is to be more present this year (a lot of distraction with phones here and there some times).

I get the sentiment, but is 'Fake a smile when upset' a healthy thing to reinforce?
If anyone thinks it is, I won't argue, because NT is definitely not the place for peaceful disagreement.
Just asking.

We can discuss it without arguing but there is a time and place to NOT always show your emotions when things aren't going your way / you aren't happy. I think that is a skill we all should learn.

We can discuss it without arguing but there is a time and place to NOT always show your emotions when things aren't going your way / you aren't happy. I think that is a skill we all should learn.
I definitely agree with that. To a certain degree, every well adjusted, functioning adult has learned how to smile through inconveniences, both minor and major.

Back
Top Bottom