Official NT Madden 09 Tournament 8 (360) Power Rankings - Tournament 9 goes up tonight at 11pm est

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

You sure about it being fixed in next years game?
roll.gif

If EA wanted to fix it I'm sure they could release a patch for it now

i have faith
laugh.gif
... to bring in a concept of momentum would be a majorpatch in the game, that is most likely why it hasnt been fixed in this years game.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Difference is the cpu did it and it was pretty easily stoppable.

it was stoppable... manually. the RC is stoppable manually, as well, but the problem is that it can be done with every receiver. last years game you can key inon the guy with the icon, this year it doesnt matter.

I'm glad that there's no RC in the tourny anymore, even though only one player does it
laugh.gif

What about the no huddle though? If we're keeping this tourny sim I would say there should be a rule about no huddling every single play

Originally Posted by 84jordan03

also ill change the rule for going for it on 4th down slightly. TEAMS DO NOT GO FOR IT ALL THE TIME WHEN INSIDE THE 10, THAT IS DEFINITELY FALSE. ill allow people to go for it from inside their 3 yard line.
mad.gif
i need a rematch then
laugh.gif

Last two games I played were against rocket catchers (first game I lost by 2, the second game I lost by 7). The last game specifically the dude went 12-37passing and threw 4 picks. He went for the rocket catch EVERY SINGLE PASSING PLAY. These dudes actually have the audacity to think they're great maddenplayers too. I got my record without ever having to resort to rocket catching and I'm proud of that. But what gets me is the way some of these dudes play,there's no way they can actually be having FUN while they're playing with these schemes.

The reason why I think it should be banned is because I think that's the MAIN thing that sets Mr MundayNite apart from the rest of the better Maddenplayers here on NT. I'm not saying he wouldn't be the best without it but since we're supposed to be crowning the true champion, we need to seewhere he would be without it. Everyone here can agree that it's blatant cheese, so it needs to be out. If you have to take a special procedure with thecontrols to exploit the CPU defense, that's the worst cheese of all.

What's the big deal with no huddle ? Yea its annoying but just set your audibles and you should be good. I dont do it btw.

Its a sim league.... teams don't no huddle ALL game long... I miss the days of PS2 madden when fair place was enforced!

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Its a sim league.... teams don't no huddle ALL game long... I miss the days of PS2 madden when fair place was enforced!

Exactly. It's one thing if you just use it once or twice a drive to catch the D off guard but if you're no huddling every play up the field it'srediculous
laugh.gif

TripleThreat04 [Level 3] vs soLe703 [Level 2]

Skill Points Won: 44
Skill Points Needed For Next Level: 437
My Rank: 10001
Opponent Rank: 10001

Mode: RANKED
Qtr Length: 5 minutes
Difficulty: All-Pro

Score breakdown:

1 2 3 4 OT F
TripleThreat04 7 7 7 0 0 21
soLe703 0 0 0 0 0 0

Statistics TripleThreat04 soLe703
Rushing attempts for 11 7
Rushing yards for 25 24
Passing attempts for 24 17
Passing yards for 235 7
Punts 1 4
Field goals for 0 0
Long field goals (40+) for 0 0
Rushing touchdowns for 1 0
Passing touchdowns for 2 0
Returns touchdowns for 0 0
Defensive touchdowns for 0 0
Turnovers for 2 1
Interceptions for 1 2
Sacks for 3 2
Number of third downs 6 7
Third down conversions 5 3
No-huddle plays 1 3
Audibles called 2 1
Hot routes used 10 5
Shotgun plays 4 8
Blitzes 14 13
Time of possession 10:34 5:38
2-point conversions tried 0 0
2-point conversions succeeded 0 0
Red zone field goals 0 0
Red zone touchdowns 2 0
Red zone opportunities 3 0
First downs 12 4
First down yards 147 1
Special teams yards 32 134
Punt return yards 3 23
Punt yards 53 171
Penalties 0 0
Penalty yards 0 0
First down rushing plays 8 3
First down passing plays 11 7
Second down rushing plays 2 2
Second down passing plays 10 8
Third down rushing plays 1 2
Third down passing plays 5 5
Fourth down rushing plays 0 0
Fourth down passing plays 0 0
Passes completed 21 6
Fumbles 0 0
Fumbles recovered 0 0
Possessions 7 7
Third downs, 3 or less yards 3 2
Successes 3 0
Third downs, 4 to 9 yards 2 3
Successes 1 2
Third downs, 10 or more yards 1 2
Successes 1 1
Hurries 3 5
Knockdowns 0 0
Passes deflected 6 1
Passes tipped 0 0
Offensive yards 260 31
Total yards 292 165
Return yards 29 111
Total touchdowns 3 0

game ended in concede by sole703 with 3 minutes and change left in the 4th.

its silly for someone to do - but if your decent on defense you should be able to adjust and exploit the fatigued players that hes keeping on the field-

i met a couple people doing it and usually it ends up in turnovers...

Its more annoying than anything. But still, its not very sim like.

Flash.... where you at?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom