Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

this would've been a bold prediction if our starting PG was Kyle Lowry or some ****. With L-Fred Payton at starting PG, it was a pretty safe assumption this could very likely happen :lol:
LoL .... perhaps or perhaps the elite two way guard aka Rivers would be.

Nevertheless, he could have been a bust that was way over drafted like somesay!

Do any of y’all feel any worse after not going after CP3 or na?

I wish we had a legit floor general

Deleted because if you got to explain a joke its not as funny as you think

Last edited:
He would have cost a lot. However if he was around to teach Quickley, not sure if you can put a price on that.
I agree but with the cap space we still have, some moveable contracts and some teams off to slow starts I can see us being able to land an actual PG before the deadline until we eventually draft one(if we ever draft one).

With us signing 0 people this off-season and potentially also signing 0 desired free agents next year, would've been fine with CP3. I'm not paying the contract.

I agree but with the cap space we still have, some moveable contracts and some teams off to slow starts I can see us being able to land an actual PG before the deadline until we eventually draft one(if we ever draft one).
Who and why?

Unless we are actually in contention and maybe we can win a series sure, but if not. Why bother.

Or maybe we plan on building using such PG.

Was always in favor of acquiring CP3 but we couldn’t put together a package that Phoenix did

Kelly Oubre was coming off a career year and had higher value than anyone else we could’ve offered

Last edited:
Who and why?

Unless we are actually in contention and maybe we can win a series sure, but if not. Why bother.

Or maybe we plan on building using such PG.
I don't have a specific who but good PG play will only help develop our young guys especially RJ, Mitch and Knox. Having the offense run through Randle is less than ideal IMO.

This type of stubbornness with Thibs was evident from the jump

He has set rotations in his head and he’s gonna play them out regardless of how they’re performing in game

He refuses to make in game subs outside of his norm

Same reason Frank will never see the court

I mean theres always a scapegoat for every team. Literally every fanbase has a dude they hate on .
But by many many metrics- this elfrid payton guy is the weak link.

Probably only 5 whacker starting PGs for the nba. Hes bottom tier in a lot of categories. His “defense and length” are nothing to write home about.

thibs is wrong with this one. Besides the fan base, many writers and other nba observers also feel like paytons play is pretty atrocious.

this is just a case of politics tbh.Probably feels its the wrong message to send. But my thing is - we dknt owe this scrub anything! Hes here on a 1 yr deal. He is not the future. Head scratching really.

id rather see quickley dribble off his foot 8 times than see payton probe for assists.

whatever man .at least we can all rally around how trash elf is.

Elf very obviously got the Scott Perry tapes in his back pocket to bust out should he lose his job

Been thinking this season is ground zero for every young gun. RJ just happens to start cuz he’s got the most weapons right now. I can’t rush the perfect starting lineup cuz these kids are still pups. Obi gonna be a bully when the Knicks draft/trade for Suggs. Mitch still gotta hit the weight room cuz he’s showing growth mentally. This team will look very different in 2-3 years. With Thibbs rotation, I only see 6 players from this year having a chance still wearing the orange & blue.

Frank was available and didnt play!? Fire Thibs, just another coach flushing this kids career. Frank finally has the perfect back up in IQ and doesn't get any pt :smh: :lol:

It reality doesn’t matter what Thibs rotations are, we literally have 2 centers that don’t score and a bunch of guards aside from IQ that can’t shoot. If Thibs had an All Star level guard or Center, guaranteed we’d be 2 games over 500 right now. Not much and I know it’s not a ground breaking thought either :lol:

Back
Top Bottom