Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Off topic and somewhat on topic story. When I was like 16 I was in a program in my high school where you could apply to finance related companies for an internship. I got in and had to commute to Midtown Manhattan and they hooked me up with a student metro card.

Some dude who looks like he sells loosies came up to me and offered me like a stack of metro cards for my student card. He goes "watch this" and swipes the card and it's declined. He bends it in the corner then swipes it and it works and he's like "that bend makes the machine accept the card every time"

needless to say that was a lie and my dumb *** swapped my student card for these bootleg *** cards that were all empty. This lame must've walked around the subway picking up empty balance cards to trick idiot kids like me.
No lie. One part of what he said was true.

I was with my friend back in HS in the city at this rec center and when we were heading to the train I literally saw him do the same thing.

Bent the card in the middle a little and swiped it twice and it went through. Thought it was streetwise wizardry.

Of course I could never do that when my card was empty :lol:

You wild for giving up a student metro card though for a stack of empty ones. That's gold in the streets. I managed to get when I started going to college in the city. Saved so much money.

I was a broke 23 year old at one point using a student metrocard. Thought I was hot **** and would never get caught. Been using it for months at that point. Needless to say those cops in the train caught me lackin one day.

Had me cornered, patted down, everything over a damn student metrocard. Whole train station was looking at me like I just committed a felony :smh:
Yeah this what happened to me over in Queens in the end though :smh:

I was so pissed.

After that I got on my next hustle of using the MTA badge I got from my uncle to ride the bus and train for free for a while.

Last edited:
I’m liking our team right now. Actually fun to watch again. You could see the progression as the season goes on.

^ the subways are crazy right now with all the people getting hurt for no reason smh
I just went through Penn Station for the first time in months. Homeless camped out on every entry step I took. Dude was selling loosies under the big train board in the middle of Penn Station :lol: police must have just given up, it's bad:smh:

This is heralded as one of the deepest drafts in years. Can’t predict how the rest of the season will play out for us or the Mavs.

I just had this discussion with a friend of mine. Why not let things play out? What we’ve been asking for is a competitive team that’s fun to watch. Why is it the moment we start to get that we want to make changes. Trades away assets. Bring in new players.

I promise watching the games is enjoyment enough. We don’t need to be talking about 2K trades and overhauling the roster at all times. The constant shuffling is a big part of what made the team so horrible to watch.

This is heralded as one of the deepest drafts in years. Can’t predict how the rest of the season will play out for us or the Mavs.

I just had this discussion with a friend of mine. Why not let things play out? What we’ve been asking for is a competitive team that’s fun to watch. Why is it the moment we start to get that we want to make changes. Trades away assets. Bring in new players.

I promise watching the games is enjoyment enough. We don’t need to be talking about 2K trades and overhauling the roster at all times. The constant shuffling is a big part of what made the team so horrible to watch.

only trade I want is Beal. We legit haven't had an All Star caliber guard in DECADES. Our best players were Carmelo, Stat, and KP. All front court guys. If you throw Julius in that's another front court guy. Marbury was a PG. Jeremy Lin ( :lol: ) also a PG. Legitimately our best SG of the past 10+ years was JR Smith which is sad to say.

only trade I want is Beal. We legit haven't had an All Star caliber guard in DECADES. Our best players were Carmelo, Stat, and KP. All front court guys. If you throw Julius in that's another front court guy. Marbury was a PG. Jeremy Lin ( :lol: ) also a PG. Legitimately our best SG of the past 10+ years was JR Smith which is sad to say.

I mean melo was a wing IMO as he was a scoring 3. But yea we haven’t had a good scoring guard since Crawford and no all star since Houston and Spre(I can’t feed my family with $20 million)well. :lol:

I've said the same before.

We're not going to go from the 2nd worst team in the league to a championship contender in one summer. It'll take a couple seasons of being a normal, middle of the pack team.

At the very least, watching games has been mostly fun. First time we could say that in a while.

I had a nightmare last night!

We traded Frank Knox and a bunch of picks for scrubs and we were the laughing joke for another 2 decades!

Detroit sitting Blake and Cleveland sitting Drummond for trades. I’d be sick if Blake finds his way to us.

I guess for me it’s that I’d much rather develop one of our guys or draft someone who can be that, as opposed to taking the shortcut for a guy who comes into this with his own baggage.

It’s so much more fulfilling watching Quickley and RJ grow than it would be for Beal to come in mid season and put up 40ppg.

I guess the issue I have is the Knicks “arriving” just a season too soon with this year’s lottery being somewhat stacked. Of course, a 17 win season might only land the 5th spot or so, but that was a gamble I was good with for another yr :lol:. And if needed, trade both of those 1sts to get to your guy.

Knicks been clamoring for a young nucleus to build upon & it feels like Thibbs don’t have the patience for that. Knicks also been clamoring for a young pg to initiate the offense. I thought we had a shot at Suggs ( & who knows, perhaps still do) but the winning puts us deeper in the round.

Of course, I’m being greedy by discounting IQ/RJ/Mitch as a young nucleus, but them boys still need a pg to unlock their games (besides Quick). Obi needs it the most.

So yeah, I’ll enjoy the competitive games & 1st round playoff exit. I don’t think I can trust this team with Randle #1 option.

RJ learning from Beal would do wonders for him I’m sure

I don’t think Beal is going anywhere but if we’re looking at a pick outside of the top 10 this year anyway I would def include it in a trade

Back
Top Bottom