Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

I guess for me it’s that I’d much rather develop one of our guys or draft someone who can be that, as opposed to taking the shortcut for a guy who comes into this with his own baggage.

It’s so much more fulfilling watching Quickley and RJ grow than it would be for Beal to come in mid season and put up 40ppg.

But Beal is a consistent 30+ ppg shooter with efficient percentages from all around. If you go back to the last "real" full season prior to Covid, Beal was at 25ppg on 47% from the field and 36% from 3 with no real PG because Wall was hurt. The realistic odds of RJ getting to that level with a consistent jumper aren't high.

in my opinion RJ's ceiling is 18-20ppg with most his points off layups/floaters and a couple mid range jumpers sprinkled in. I'd love to see him develop into a 37-40% three point shooter but until he shows me he can do that for 20+ games then I'm not holding my breath.

I just want a pass first playmaker that can score if need be.

The actual teams needs it ... I like Quickley but I just don't see him having vision or great passing skills.

LaMelo been getting hype and some of the passes are basic, but dude has vision and is not afraid of making the difficult pass.

I be seeing Obi leak and no one dares to make that pass man.

LeMelo has good vision but he does force a lot of passes. I mean Jason Kidd did the same thing by forcing the action. There isn’t anything wrong with that because it makes the cutters and runners to never stop giving effort because they know if they try they might get rewarded.

I’m sure any of us who played ball and played with such PGs would do the same thing. I know I did. I think Jalen isn’t the passer that LaMelo is but he is a good passer who can score and shoot. He’s one of the most polished lead guards I seen in college in a while.

Really interesting stretch of games coming up. We should easily be above .500 after these games if we play to our potential

We’ll know after this whether or not we belong in the playoffs

494808B9-EE70-48B1-9434-427DACB5AEF6.jpeg

Yeah that dude has been playing great all year to be honest. Obviously from time to time he reverts to old Randle, but mostly great play.

Not sure Knicks trade him, probably pay him.

I think I hate watching my favorite young pg play. The foul seeking shots between him & Quick is off the charts.

Back
Top Bottom