Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Toppin looked okay. I see the STAT comparisons offensively. Should get Amar'e to train with him. Polish that game.

Mitch Rob still aint learn how not to foul.

Knox changed his band to Knox the 2nd? Man call that ***** Junior from bow on.

I saw a lot that pissed me off defensively.

Been back and forth between Cunningham & Suggs. Both will be great, but Suggs looks like a pointgawd. Kidd with a jumpshot potential. Trade what you have trade to get this kid.

Knicks could be in the playoffs next season if things work out the way they should.

I saw a lot of positives. The team has much better defensive rotations than last year. Much scrappier too. Good signs to see very early on in the season.

-DSJ looked much more comfortable than in the past. If you know your role you’ll play much freely. He doesn’t look like a point guard though, more like a 2 guard.
-Obi was super active. Quick decisions and could pass. Would like to see more pick and pops from him.
-RJ probably won’t ever be a good 3pt shooter but his ability to get in the lane and his mid range should be enough to get him going.
-Idc who starts between Noel and Mitch. There’s not much of a drop off, if any, when one is on the bench.
-I feel bad for Randle. He’s gonna get killed regardless of what he does and his box score stats don’t really show how bad he is. He’s really the odd man out even if he’s a good influence on Obi.
-It probably won’t happen but I want to see Quickley in spot PG minutes. Elfrid missed way too many wide open 3s for my liking.

For a first preseason game and first organized game in 9 months I think we looked like a team that has an idea of wtf they’re doing and a huge part of that is the coaching staff. Good signs early on.

Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) Tweeted:
First year max salary tiers for 2020-21 currently project to be:

0-6 Years of Service - $28,103,500
7-9 Years of Service - $33,724,200
10+ Years of Service - $39,344,900

Can’t think of a single premier FA that’s ever willingly signed with SA or even considered them

Dallas too
You’re Buggin if you think a Max player is going to leave their Team and pick the Knicks over Playing with Luka and KP or Being coached by Pops in Texas with no state taxes. It took along time for me to understand that most these players don’t give a **** about the Garden and it’s history and are pretty much briefed not to come to the Knicks due to our upper management.

You’re Buggin if you think a Max player is going to leave their Team and pick the Knicks over Playing with Luka and KP or Being coached by Pops in Texas with no state taxes. It took along time for me to understand that most these players don’t give a **** about the Garden and it’s history and are pretty much briefed not to come to the Knicks due to our upper management.
I didn’t even say any of that

Save this. No Max Free Agent is going to sign with the Knicks within the Next 2 years unless we get them in a trade.

No one is coming here. Gonna be wasted cap space unless we get creative. Gotta focus on the youth and the 2021 draft pick right now.

Dog said it like it was some gravity shifting opinion
tenor.gif

Leon Rose doing great work. Along with Cap space we have ton of assets and some promising youth.
Dallas, Miami and SA you already know got 1st Dibs on the big Names.
Nope ....

Miami maybe ....

And yes they would not leave their current team to go to SA or Dallas.

It's a new era! With pieces like Obi and RJ, assets, and Rose personal relationships with players, i believe we can land high profile players.

Back
Top Bottom