Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

All I said was SA and Dallas don’t get FAs and dude started going off

A702392D-5BFE-4480-8F9A-6DE312F8D850.png

2 things need to happen this season for a max player to come. And this is a 2 yr plan given Obi being a rookie vet. I’m willing to stand pat with most of the roster as is.

Win & show growth. Beat Atlanta for the last spot in the playoffs & make someone like Trae Young reconsider resigning. Even better, I’m praying on a Young/ATL implosion. He just got a new shoe so he good. S&T to be amicable. Highly unlikely this one though.

I really wish Mitch wasn’t such a goober on and off the court, even if his emotions are warranted, so his trade value doesn’t start to diminish. He’s expendable with Nerlens (esp if only ’all kept Woooten smh).

Noel is at that age where I think he could stay longterm as well with this season’s development.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see if they extend Frank or Mitch. They easily dont have to, especially Mitch, and have him test his value as a RFA.

Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) Tweeted:
First year max salary tiers for 2020-21 currently project to be:

0-6 Years of Service - $28,103,500
7-9 Years of Service - $33,724,200
10+ Years of Service - $39,344,900

Cant wait to spend all that money on nobody.

Or maybe we get really lucky and shell out 200 mill to an injured star.

Last edited:
It’s a new day. Anything is possible, word to KG. The Knicks gave the KD deal pause & Rose has done nothing but solid moves thus far.

If the Knicks can look competent on the court you'll have a lot better shot at a primo FA. The problem is losing that keeps them away. Ain't 1 primo FA trying to sign with a team who's season is dedicated to getting a high lottery pick.

Maybe Im just optimistic ....

But with 63 million, bunch of picks and at least 2 promising rookies ... no way the Knicks can't build a top 4 East team.

You can sign 1 or 2 great FAs. If you sign one, you can also sign 2nd tear proven winners to the roster.

With the picks they can trade for another Superstar that team ia not going to win because they are strap .. Rockets, Wizarda etc for a few picks. They can also move up in the draft or defending on where they and still get great promising players.

And you still have a couple of solid players that can help.

We been down this road before ... with to of cap space and we struck out.

However, back then we didn't have ton of picks.. only an injured KP and Frank for enticement and a ****ing mess with the FO that just finished ****ing the beloved by his peers Melo.

Please dont compare both situations.

Only situation I'm comparing it to is those primo FA in the 1-5 spots signing with a team in the lottery, but I'd compare it more to the Melo situation. Stat signed, partially because we cashed him out, and when he and the Knicks showed promise Melo wanted in. If Thibs gets these boys looking like a team making a little noise then more talent will be interested . Especially if he can get the young guys in a chemistry.

What do you think he'll ask for? His rookie contract was 6 mill/yr for 4 years I think.
Something in the range of 3 years $24-$30mil is what I had in mind

We should’ve just thrown an offer at him before the extension deadline to keep it as cheap as possible but oh well

I'd give him 5 mill/yr for 3 years and call it a day.

Also surprised we havent traded for Malik Monk yet.

I hope to see Myles Powell get some minutes at the point to see if he can do anything in the league.

Back
Top Bottom