Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Pop wasn't letting his team lose tonight after going to OT against the Nets just to get spanked. I knew they'd come out aggressive and we came out flat

Give Knox all of Obi’s minutes please

Knox stays ready and can hit the shots we need him too (not to mention a year younger)

Obi 22 mf years old, gets bullied by anyone he’s up against and is as lost as a child in a department store out there

I’m sick

i want obi to do well, but his defense tonight in particular was trash
he looks capable at times, but more often a step beind

It’s not even tonight. We tried to like Obi, he’s just not good. Not against a first unit or a third unit. I called him Bobby Portis at best when he was drafted and I don’t think he’s ever even gonna be that good. Should be involved in any future trade we make for a legit piece.

Facts. No reason why Knox shouldn’t be getting all of Obis minutes. Better shooter, same defender/rebounder/transition runner/lob catcher

For all the +/- cheer leaders why was Frank a -20 and Obi a -19 in pretty much the same minutes but everyone killing Obi even though it’s his 1st year and **** riding Frank for his performance and it’s his 4th year? Strictly going off of the Plus/Minus for this debate.

Bumped the old thread by accident but I called it on draft night:smh

If it ain’t Kenobi or Trice, I don’t care about Obi.

So we really just chilled at #8 and drafted an NBA Dunk Contestant, huh?

I ain’t even mad because I expected this but it definitely is frustrating.

For all the +/- cheer leaders why was Frank a -20 and Obi a -19 in pretty much the same minutes but everyone killing Obi even though it’s his 1st year and **** riding Frank for his performance and it’s his 4th year? Strictly going off of the Plus/Minus for this debate.
If you watched the game you’d know exactly why

Don’t know what else to tell you

Your anti-Frank bias keeping you from being objective again

Cuz Obi somehow still older than Frank, yo should do better :lol: :smh:

If you watched the game you’d know exactly why

Don’t know what else to tell you

Your anti-Frank bias keeping you from being objective again
I didn’t watch the game but I always thought plus minus was a very skewed metric. Was just wondering why it is wasn’t a big deal tonight for a certain player when plus minus was always that players fans go to?

So if someone’s been in the league for 4 years and is 22 and someone’s been in the league for 1 year and is 23 the 22 year old still gets more leeway in his play than the 23 yr old because he’s younger?! That’s some dumbass reasoning. He’s had 4 years to adjust to a higher level competition where the other player has only had less than 30 games to adjust to a whole new level of competition.

I didn’t watch the game but I always thought plus minus was a very skewed metric. Was just wondering why it is wasn’t a big deal tonight for a certain player when plus minus was always that players fans go to?
+/- is not the be all end all stat and you're exaggerating the emphasis that dudes in the thread put on it

You're trying to argue that Obi and Frank had the same quality of games tonight because of the similar +/- when again, if you seen the game you'd see immediately how Frank outperformed Obi

Things Frank is good at:
* Playing the defensive end of the floor at an elite level (which he was from day one)
* Hitting his threes with consistency

Things Obi is good at:
* Dunking

Back
Top Bottom