Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

I won’t care if Mitch is gone. I’m so disappointed in his development. He still doing stupid clumsy **** at this point. He playing like Javale out here.
I think he really recovered and was impactful on the last games.

Like I said before, these kids haven't play in months. Before that they played for at a minimun two coaches some 3. No accountability no real offense no real time on the floor. The vets were getting most of the minutes and to be honest, we didn't (probably) don't have a good development system.

So yes he should of have been stop the dumb ****, but what has the organization done to help him?

I’m convinced anyone who remotely seriously considers adding Harden to the Knicks is either an agent or just doesn’t know basketball.

This 🍔 said send them a pick as well 🤦🏾‍♂️.

I think most people are just realizing our young core are really not that good and a superstar is available. If some teams wants our trash so be it. Just add protection on all the picks.

I said it in the previous Knicks thread but I’ll say it here as well. You play and highlight the strengths of these young guys, pump up their value, and then package them in a deal. Honestly, my take is everyone on this roster should be available. everyone else should be made available. I’m not knocking these guys or anything, but the team as constructed needs to be gutted then overhauled. I’d be willing to hit the pause button on Quickly and Obi as they’re fairly young and cost controlled contracts who seem to be able to really play within themselves (still very early honestly).
Try to build through the draft and get two players that you build around (ex Tatum and Brown). I’d trade a package of Mitchell and Barrett for the Cavs UNPROTECTED 1st round 2021. If we hit on our own lottery pick in the top 3 pick as well as the Cavs pick, we conceivably have two picks within the first 5 picks...we’re in business. A combination of Cade Cunningham and Suggs or Zaire and Kuminga.
You double down on moves and package Knox, Frank, DSJ for a solid but possibly underproducing younger player and a future first and you do it.

Unfortunately I think these guys have run their course with the Knicks. Partly their fault, partly the organizations fault combined with the revolving door or coaches (still think the Thibs hire was a move made way too quickly but that’s another story). It’s going to take some creativity but I’d keep:

Quickly
Obi
Draft - Suggs and Zaire
Move Randle / rivers and future 2nd round for Buddy Heild which affords some shooting (comes at a cost). Reality is the top 2021 free agents are virtually all sewn up at this point so I’m not banking on a huge splash of a signing.
Sign oubre (as a free agent in 2021 assuming the warriors don’t extend) and Norman Powell. Try to get a deal for Huerter and Rondo (veteran to help lead the squad and young guards).

Suggs / Rondo / Quickly
Heild / Huerter / Powell
Zaire / oubre
Obi /
Timme / Harper Jr / or players like this (2021 second)

Obviously we still have to fill out the roster but you have a young core to build around that are all cost controlled. Granted not all of these moves would happen, but it’s more of an idea of what building right would look like.

JS”

Last edited:
EpiS7gcW8AExABI

Thibs not being stubborn. :pimp:

Just need Obi or Knox to perform well enough to beat out Julius or Bullock and I’d be happy. Wonder how Quickley looks with the first team tonight.

Man they need to drop more gear with that Kith design. Apparel would be nicer than the jersey. Like in that cartoon up there I’d def buy the longsleeve IQ is wearing.

So tempted to put a some money for IQ ROY. LoL

#NTextreme

You know Thibs already liking his chops.

Back
Top Bottom