Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Also props to Randle for keeping the ball moving last night. Ball movement has been A1 this preseason from this team. Having a PG that’s able to shoot opens everything up for him, doesn’t have to force ****. He could’ve easily forced the action last night against much lesser talent.

This team is gonna be super inconsistent with numerous blowouts during the season. I liked the quick ball movement and scrappy defense in these last 4 games though. Good signs early on. I remember us looking like complete trash last year and Fiz kept saying he’s implementing new things as the season goes on, complete BS.

Really really hoping Quickley starts too, it’s the only way we’ll start of the season right. If he starts Elfrid and we see the same struggles I think it’ll be hard for the team to get over that hump. Body language will be bad if we start off 1-6 or something like that. Plus it’s clear that the young guys (Knox, Mitch, etc) are more effective when we run and space the floor.

Mitch a “generational talent” now?!?? Cmon You cats can’t be serious. Mitch is Amazing at what he does but “generational talent” he’s nowhere near. He’s just blessed with his size/length. Generational talents take over games and you build around them. Mitch isn’t a guy you build around or trust to take over a game for you.

If all the NBA centers were free agents right now Mitch would be lucky to go top 5 but he’s a “generational talent”?!? :lol:

I'm not going to over react but from last year and all preseason .. i have been preaching patience.

I have said over and over, we should just have an all rookie/youth starting lineup.

Was a bit upset at the Obi pick but was happy when we paired him up with Quickley.

And from the first preseason game I have said Quickley will be our PG at some point this year and this will help everyone to inlcude Frank and DSJ.

Again ... Im being very optimistic but I truly believe with Thibs which has some smarts and thus far looks like he is adjusting his coaching to a more uptempo style, I believe there going to be a lot of people that are going to be impressed with what we have.

The dilemma will come if some how get the top pick what we do.

Mitch a “generational talent” now?!?? Cmon You cats can’t be serious. Mitch is Amazing at what he does but “generational talent” he’s nowhere near. He’s just blessed with his size/length. Generational talents take over games and you build around them. Mitch isn’t a guy you build around or trust to take over a game for you.
I said as a defensive big man for a reason. I don't think he'll ever be an offensive force but he can definitely be a defensive stalwart beyond your typical rim protector. He needs to start devoting himself to it though.

I like what Thibs said there. Didn’t clear cut say it’s quick’s job, so he doesn’t dump on Payton.

that Conversation between he and the staff better conclude in quick starting.

Kinda shocking how Iggy can avg 21 ppg in the G league but look so lost when given time in the NBA. Really shows how much of a gap in talent/competition there is between the two.

Certain guys on lesser G league teams have the green light . In the Nba the ball moves around with second and third string units , less room to do what you feel like .

Kinda shocking how Iggy can avg 21 ppg in the G league but look so lost when given time in the NBA. Really shows how much of a gap in talent/competition there is between the two.
I think the dude was trying to get others involved rather than go for his.

Dude needed to just say yolo and took everything.

On another note.

Waiving MGK was the absolute right thing to do. Wish him well elsewhere but we have to many young guys to givd a roster spot to a dude that will never be.

Same for Payton and Austin.

And this is not a knock on them, simply that the Knicks need stars not backup players getting starterz minutes.

Not for nothing Powell's body language and attitude looked horrible ...
I saw it smh. Like the kid as I been watching him play since HS and he didnt look like himself. One of those players who cant adjust to not having the ball in his hand or something iono, but based on what I saw I wasnt surprised to see he got waived.

Back
Top Bottom