Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

The way the NBA is played today, you need 4 players who can give you 16-20pts on any given night and it showed with the Knicks lack of ability to score ;

they also need a floor general maybe like a Conley; need some kind of offensive production in the 5spot - Seeing Gibson out there is like having Jeffries back in the day (without the defensive intensity and Melo was a such a great scorer that you can afford to have Jeffries inadequacies in offense);

can’t afford to have poor drafts anymore with they got with Knox/Ntilikina (missed out on guys like Adebayo, Collins, Bridges (Both), porter jr, shai, mitchell, OG, kuzma

Problem was dudes were feeling themselves when they accomplished 0. You won 40 games, that's awesome. But there are a ton of teams in NBA history that had ONE good season. You gotta stay humble til you have a reason to be cocky. They got their heads blown way too big bc they had an above average season.

i am impressed they over-exceeded expectations with the lowest payroll in the league... kudos to thibs on that... the disappointing thing is since you did so well in the regular season you would expect that to translate to the post season... i dont want to hear about no post season experience cuz the hawks didnt have much either besides capella and lou...just need this team to land on free agents and draft picks... we did decent with mitch, obi, rj and quick but failed with drafting frank and knox especially since we passed on donovan mitchell, shai and porter jr smh

Still have huge hopes for Obi and still think he has the athleticism to be able to at least be a 15/8 type guy which isn't game changing, but is an asset on a good team. However, losing a series bc we had pretty much 0 playmaking talent when we passed on Haliburton really hurt

yeah idk bout that one fam

i can't judge his potential on how he looked with Payton, Rose, and Quickley as his PGs. Payton is bad at everything, Quick is young and super raw, and Rose was a stud in terms of scoring but nothing more than an average playmaker most nights

man i love this team... obviously its disappointing losing in the first round but just happy we got to the playoffs and to go further than the first round woulda been a bonus... i cant wait until next season i will definitely go to game 1 and a few more games in the regular season...i just hope we draft well and pick up decent players in free agency... dont care if we let go of frank, payton and bullock...would like to bring back noel, burks and rose...if we keep those 3 guys and keep randle on the option plus bring in lonzo and powell we would be really good... dont know how the salaries match up to make that happen

i can't judge his potential on how he looked with Payton, Rose, and Quickley as his PGs. Payton is bad at everything, Quick is young and super raw, and Rose was a stud in terms of scoring but nothing more than an average playmaker most nights
he needs to work on his individual game more than anything

if his trajectory is dependent on the PG he’s playing with and doesn’t develop some post moves or how to use his size he’ll never sniff 15

he needs to work on his individual game more than anything

if his trajectory is dependent on the PG he’s playing with and doesn’t develop some post moves or how to use his size he’ll never sniff 15

Agreed but 15ppg is VERY possible with a top tier PG. DeAndre Jordan used to average 13ppg with CP3 and Deandre has ZERO moves offensively. It was all lobs and using athleticism to get put backs and tip ins. Don't see why Obi couldn't give you 13-15ppg just catching lobs And using his jumping ability to get some tip ins

Season was a huge failure. To put up such a terrible performance this series, FAILURE. To get completely outcoached, FAILURE. Hawks did their job but **** we made it easy as hell for them. They showed up, damn near our whole squad ran away from the bright lights. Taj, Noel and Rose did good. Obi stepped up with the little minutes he got. I don’t give a **** if Randle is gone. That fadeaway jumper he’s been doing has annoyed me all year long and it killed us.

I’m rooting for anyone that’s playing against the Hawks and Mavs

We need a player who can dynamically score. We also need to increase the pace. We play too slow.

idk who you bring to the team, but it’s gotta be someone competent enough who’ll be able to run a team and will attract other pieces. We’re a long ways away from doing anything.

this series has be questioning Thibbs more than anything. His unwillingness to make adjustments is concerning.

Back
Top Bottom