Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

curious where everyone stands currently on giving Randle an extension this summer specifically

if we offer him something this summer we’d most likely be able to get him in at a lower number than if we wait til next year and he balls out

but if we offer that extension we also run the risk of falling for the typical “player x balls out in a contract or extension eligible year for the bag” thing

there’s also a chance if we wait that he leaves outright for more money depending on what we’d be offering

it’s an awkward spot to be in for sure but if i had to take a stance i’d still say pickup the option and let the pieces fall where they will

curious where everyone stands currently on giving Randle an extension this summer specifically

if we offer him something this summer we’d most likely be able to get him in at a lower number than if we wait til next year and he balls out

but if we offer that extension we also run the risk of falling for the typical “player x balls out in a contract or extension eligible year for the bag” thing

there’s also a chance if we wait that he leaves outright for more money depending on what we’d be offering

it’s an awkward spot to be in for sure but if i had to take a stance i’d still say pickup the option and let the pieces fall where they will

I wouldn’t give him a super max. I’d also offer him 3-4 years max with an opt out clause. I don’t trust him doing this long term like many.

You have to offer him a max, if you don’t he’s walking away with another teams Max offer and we have nothing to show for him leaving. Also it kind of resets our progress, meaning we’re not going to get anyone better than him and who would we attract with the extra money, meaning we wouldn’t be as an attractive destinations without Julius who is leading us right now to the 4th seed. All Star players aren’t going to want to play with whoever is left. Julius is a Big reason why we’ve become an attractive destination again. Obviously not the only reason. Like he said, he needed a coach and Thibs ain’t going anywhere.

If we can legit find a #1 this off season, extend Randle at a #2/3s pay.

But there's no one out there.

Randle isn't walking away. They wont offer him a max. Probably like 3 years 100 mill.

The biggest ? this offseason is if they bring Mitch and Noel back. If they dont, we better get someone legit for Mitch man. I rather keep both, but I highly doubt they will.

You cats really don’t think Randle getting a max?
depends entirely on how he performs next season

it’ll be hard to replicate this current one and i don’t see him doing it tbh

if he does put together another all pro season i can see him getting offers for sure but i think it’d be a mistake to offer a max to anyone who isn’t a bonefied number one option rn

I would assume the focus this offseason will be on a quality PG and shooting, so if the Knicks do both i definitely think Randle will be able to be close to this level of play. At his worse Randle always put the ball in the hoop and rebounded.

depends entirely on how he performs next season

it’ll be hard to replicate this current one and i don’t see him doing it tbh

if he does put together another all pro season i can see him getting offers for sure but i think it’d be a mistake to offer a max to anyone who isn’t a bonefied number one option rn
I def agree he won’t replicate this season but if there is no bonified 1 available, I think he gets Max and I think we don’t really have a choice unless his play dramatically falls off next season.

I would assume the focus this offseason will be on a quality PG and shooting, so if the Knicks do both i definitely think Randle will be able to be close to this level of play. At his worse Randle always put the ball in the hoop and rebounded.
If we get a quality PG Randles touches will go down and his stats will drop a little, that’s the main reason I’d see his production “numbers” go down.

They should / could offer him 3 years 81 mill - 85 mill this off-season ...... depending on what he does in the playoffs .... if they feel they can depend on him....

jump on his team option for next year

if all goes well offer him 3 yrs x 90 or 4 yrs x 110 million or else he might be tempted to go elsewhere

he's been good money and has earned it. i can see his level of play being sustainable for several years. he's peaking physically and wants to be here

Doesn't him potential making ALL NBA increase what he can get for a contract?
in Randle’s shoes currently if he makes All NBA this season he’d be eligible for a 5 year extension worth up to 35% of whatever the salary cap is for that off season

How can you not offer to take care of Julius? Personal feelings aside..
that’s what I’m saying. Jrue Holiday just got a max contract at 30 yrs old and Julius leads him in PPG, Rebounds, Assists and 3point percentage and it isn’t even close in a few of those categories. And Julius is only 26. Imagine throwing a bag at Lonzo then offering Julius 80-90 mil. I’d be too insulted at that point to even negotiate any further.

No one is arguing whether or not he deserves the new deal its just a matter of when to offer it and for how much

Back
Top Bottom