Official NY Mets 2012 Thread. Time To Face The Yung God, Mets Face Harper For 3 Games.

Filthy 
sick.gif

So if Wright doesn't make those TWO errors......is this a perfect game or a no hitter? I was watching the Yankees game but on the highlights they're saying no hitter but no one reaches base if these errors weren't made.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

This should've been 2nd no hitter this season man...Wright had to botch that barehand play -_-

laugh.gif
 this is what pisses me off about the Mets and their fans sometimes.  Two weeks ago when Beltran had a double, the fans and Collins were saying that's the way the game goes.  Now, everyone and their mother wants it changed to an error.  You guys should be counting your blessings that both calls didn't go against the Mets
laugh.gif
 if you check out the definition of an error on a play like that, you know that was a hit all the way.  Wright is forced to make an unusual effort on the ball against a speedy runner on a ball that went to his hand side with him running into the play.  The key phrase there is unusual effort.  That is not an error.  That's an infield single.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

This should've been 2nd no hitter this season man...Wright had to botch that barehand play -_-

laugh.gif
 this is what pisses me off about the Mets and their fans sometimes.  Two weeks ago when Beltran had a double, the fans and Collins were saying that's the way the game goes.  Now, everyone and their mother wants it changed to an error.  You guys should be counting your blessings that both calls didn't go against the Mets
laugh.gif
 if you check out the definition of an error on a play like that, you know that was a hit all the way.  Wright is forced to make an unusual effort on the ball against a speedy runner on a ball that went to his hand side with him running into the play.  The key phrase there is unusual effort.  That is not an error.  That's an infield single.

I never said it should be changed though nor did I say it should be an error..... I am getting on david for not making the play he usually makes.
But anyways, lovely sweep, good rebound after being swept in the Bronx. Mets are still playing in one of the tougher stretches, all I asked before it began was to make it out of it at best .500.

Ike looks to be slowly coming around, really driving the ball.

Robert Allen Dickey... Best pitcher in baseball thus far. Couldn't happen to a more classier, humble guy

I need to start doin the all star voting before it closes. Dickey needs to be the starter!

Complete travesty if Dickey isn't starting the ASG for the NL. He's been the best pitcher in all of baseball.

My boy (Yankee fan) actually tried saying Dickey is no better than Nova right now
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Yankee fans are quite hilarious sometimes. Always good for a laugh

man this season is going better than I could've ever hoped for. really playing above expectations, i'm so proud of these guys.

Dickey....LAWWWWWD.

24 years since the last consecutive one-hitter was thrown. Dude leads league in wins, strikeouts, ERA, and WHIP.

Just got back from the game tonight.

Good crowd
pimp.gif

Good job taking the series too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom